Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

45 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Foden is up there. Sterling numbers historically are excellent. Mount is more than just a creator. Maddison had 11 goals and 10 assists last season. Not in the squad. Also it is well accepted that the Premier league as a whole is the most competitive league in the world so the number from the Spanish league don't quite carry the same weight. Also Rashford got 21 goals and 15 assists last season. 11 goals and 11 assist just in the league. Sterling in a bad season for home scored 14 and assisted 12. 10 and 8 in the league only.

It's too easy to sell our own players short. Familiarity breeds contempt.

Yeah I compared league only. Becuase I couldn't be btoehred to ads up for everyone.

And I've watched englands players they are crap. Sterling was a great creator 2 seasons ago and then dropped right off. Foden is not a creator he gets tonnes of space and occasionally will find a good pass. But mainly because he's an afterthought if he is a focal point he is rubbish.

If you think any of those players you mentioned are in the same league of shot creator as Olmo, Llorente, Oyarzabal or Aspas you must really be biased towards England. 

Just now, Mazrim said:

Why?

Well, one is regarded as one of the hottest prospects in the football world. The other couldn't trap a balloon. I'll let you work out which is which. 

1 minute ago, vreitti said:

Well, one is regarded as one of the hottest prospects in the football world. The other couldn't trap a balloon. I'll let you work out which is which. 

I didn't say he was as good as Isak, I said he reminds me of him. I think there are similarities in how they play.

Who the hell can trap a balloon?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

I didn't say he was as good as Isak, I said he reminds me of him. I think there are similarities in how they play.

Okay, fair enough. I can't see any similarities. 

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

And the only one who can consistently create goals for others is Sancho who underperforms for England. The fact is Spain are so stacked with Talent they left a guy who got 13 assists in La Liga at home. Llorente got 12 goals and 11 assists. Olmo got 10 assists. Foden got 5. Sterling got 8. Mount got 6.

The Spaniards have a level of creative talent England can't match in anyone but grealish and Sancho. 

Spain have easily the best overall squad in the tournament. They are so good they can leave **** Sergio ramos at home. And take 24 players instead of 26.

I would take Grealish over anyone as well. But old cocknose refuses to play our 2 best attacking players. 

IMG_20210614_025740.jpg

I’d say the French squad is better. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

We can probably sign McTominay for about 2m after his performance today!

We should probably sign Scotland’s goalkeeper too as he looked like he can play CDM when the Czech Republic got their 2nd.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, vreitti said:

He really isn't. Unless your definition is extremely relative. 

9 hours ago, Mazrim said:

This bloke:

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Do we think any signings will be made while the euros are on? 

Probably not any high profile ones which is why I'm glad we got in there early with Buendia.

2 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Do we think any signings will be made while the euros are on? 

There are quite a few quality players who are not at the Euro's for various reasons so not impossible.