Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

10 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

The one reason I don't want Ashley Young back at Villa is because he's no longer young.

It just wouldn't be right calling an old player Young. Would play havoc with my brain.

That's also the exact reason why we won't be signing him.

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Literally nothing in that article to suggest we are even interested, no source, no claimed source, no quote no nothing. Simply says, he is inline for a return. Absolute garbage. 

So like the JWP Guardian article 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

He’s wanted by Arsenal ??? he is not Koopmeiners?? He is a very highly regarded young DM from an ever improving league ? 

Is he? I am asking you what makes him special, I have never heard of him.

In response to the Young posts on here he is fine to be signed if....

A, We don't have the budget to purchase a leftback

B, We have a youngster who just needs another year before he is ready....

I'd have Wijndal from AZ for 15m personally

I'd have Young back purely because he was one of my absolute favourite Villa players of all time and I'm a sucker for a bit of nostalgia. Also he would offer a lot of experience on and off the pitch. Let's not forget how young our squad is.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mallett said:

I think I have been a bit spoilt by the last two summer transfer windows.   Talk about Ashley Young does nothing for me. I want to hear something substantial on a transfer like Pape Sarr.

Me too, but even if we land him it won’t be as LB cover. Young sorts out LB and RB for buttons. Wijndal, Henry etc are great but won’t come to sit on the bench all season barring injury. Targett was a revelation last season, we’re not looking to replace him. 

We need some experience in the squad after Taylor and Elmo going. If signing him (Young) on a one yr deal, means we have more money to sign the midfielders we want rather than a back up left back, then it makes sense. 

However, coming from Evans I’d say there is no foundation to it.

Edited by mikeyp102