Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, MentalM said:

Well we had Chukwuemeka looks like Bale comment at one point :D

Don't know, maybe he hits a sweet drive from the range or is good on the green?

4 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

We should probably sign Scotland’s goalkeeper too as he looked like he can play CDM when the Czech Republic got their 2nd.

Too short. Otherwise he wouldn't have been lobbed. 

(Runs and ducks for cover).

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, picicata said:

Nope. Ollie is not a right winger, he is a forward. He is worse on the right wing than all of Traore, Trez, El Ghazi and Beundia. Playing him out of position diminishes both his confidence and worth.

By all means hope we sign another striker but accept that we either play two up front or one of Ollie or, in this case, Tammy is on the bench

You can't say he's worse on the right wing than Traore, no proof whatsoever, in fact when he was playing on the right under Brentford that was in the championship he was ace. I just do not know where people can assume he is bad in a certain place when he's come here and has played as our Lone striker, we haven't even tested him as a winger yet. For all we know he maybe as good a winger as he is a striker.

No one on this forum can even state such things like he's a worse winger than one of our winger without even trying him there.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Confused 3

51 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

without even trying him there.

Why though?  We have players for RW, including our new record signing. Why would you then move our (previous record signing) striker, who's just had an excellent breakthrough season up top, out of position. Makes no sense at all and 100% won't happen or even be contemplated.

• Like 1

I hope they are on the phone to Anderlecht trying to gazump Arsenal’s attempts at signing Albert Sambi Lokonga - could throw in Engels to sweeten the deal.

Sambi-lokonga was name dropped recently on Twitter by Mackenzie and just missed out on making the Belgium squad for The Euros… 

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

You can't say he's worse on the right wing than Traore, no proof whatsoever, in fact when he was playing on the right under Brentford that was in the championship he was ace. I just do not know where people can assume he is bad in a certain place when he's come here and has played as our Lone striker, we haven't even tested him as a winger yet. For all we know he maybe as good a winger as he is a striker.

No one on this forum can even state such things like he's a worse winger than one of our winger without even trying him there.

I can say he's worse on the right than Traore because he is 👍 Traore has been inconsistent but, at times, brilliant out on the right. Ollie was a good, but not outstanding winger, whilst playing in the championship. Traore played a number of games upfront in the French league, and was pretty good at it according to his stats, but I don't feel like I need to see him play upfront for us to state that Ollie is a better forward than Traore

Ollie is a forward, it's what he was signed as and is by far his strongest position. He can do a job on the wing in the same way Elmo used to do a job at centre back. 

That doesn't stop us buying another forward, but we shouldn't try to shoe horn players in. If we sign a better forward than Ollie then Ollie moves to the bench.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

I hope they are on the phone to Anderlecht trying to gazump Arsenal’s attempts at signing Albert Sambi Lokonga - could throw in Engels to sweeten the deal.

Sambi-lokonga was name dropped recently on Twitter by Mackenzie and just missed out on making the Belgium squad for The Euros… 

And what is special about this player?

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

And what is special about this player?

He’s wanted by Arsenal ??? he is not Koopmeiners?? He is a very highly regarded young DM from an ever improving league ? 

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Youngster called Jude Bellingham on there, only 17 so should be cheap ;) 

Could you imagine? The shirt wouldn't stay retired for long.

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, thabucks said:

He’s wanted by Arsenal ??? he is not Koopmeiners?? He is a very highly regarded young DM from an ever improving league ? 

What’s wrong with koopmeiners? He would be a good signing if we got him and would improve the first 11

15 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

What’s wrong with koopmeiners? He would be a good signing if we got him and would improve the first 11

Nothing I was just messing around … Koopmeiners from what I’ve read is a good player, in our price range and attainable… 

• Like 1

Thoughts about Ashley young -  Good versatile free signing or ???

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9689765/Ashley-Young-line-emotional-Aston-Villa-return-10-years-leaving.html

Ashley Young is in line for an emotional return to Aston Villa a decade after he left the club to join Manchester United.

Edited by thabucks