Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Lets give Sanson a bloody chance before binning him. ffs.

Also I didnt spend half of last season worrying that Man City would come and get Douglas Luiz for nothing.
He stays.
My ego demands it.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

See some sense in signing Wood at the right price as he would offer us, a different option and is a good premier league striker who is underrated imo.  He bridges the gap until Barry is ready in 18/24 months…. Not worth what Burnley would want and cannot see it happening 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Sansonight be able to. Mcginn and Ramsey are bad there. And Chukwuemeka is not ready to be a consistent starter 

Sanson is an 8 or 10 who can play at 6
Personally I would say McGinn is the same just more energy and less classy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

If we sign Chris Wood I will Teabag villalad and stream it live on VT.

I volunteer to sit on his head..so he doesnt move during the teabagging!

Weird villatalk fact...I was the ORIGINAL VILLALAD on villatalk until i changed my nick in 2015

Edited by OLDVILLAIN
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

See some sense in signing Wood at the right price as he would offer us, a different option and is a good premier league striker who is underrated imo.  He bridges the gap until Barry is ready in 18/24 months…. Not worth what Burnley would want and cannot see it happening 

I’d expect Barry to come through playing wide left, rather than ‘up front’.

2 hours ago, skarroki said:

This has reminded me, with King now released from Everton, would he be worth bringing in on a free?

No he's still completely shit like I said last few seasons when people wanted to sign him. Not even worth paying his wages

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

we need a quality alternative CF/Goalscorer in case Ollie is injured or as an alternative. 

That quality is restricted to someone playing second fiddle because they won't be starting or probably getting much minutes. You can discount Traore 38 goals 11 assists in 71 appearances at CF but the record exists

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

No he's still completely shit like I said last few seasons when people wanted to sign him. Not even worth paying his wages

The type of player we'd sign under MON. 

Older average player on silly wages. 

Thankfully we've moved on from that and do actual smart business. 

• Like 2

What's the situation with Dembele, did Atletico Madrid sign him in the end? Was pretty much bench warming for them and apparently was 30m fee quoted for permanent transfer!

If he goes back to Lyon wouldn't shock me if that's the sort we target towards the end of the window, played in England and Scotland and his stock isn't as high as two years ago so feels the type we could get in for 15-20m as think his Lyon contract is running down now. Still only 24.

11 minutes ago, Villaphil said:

I’d expect Barry to come through playing wide left, rather than ‘up front’.

He'll come through as a winger or 10, but he's a striker alright. That's where he'll end up long term I reckon.

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

just in case we want to add another Emi, Emiliano Marcondes is out of contract at Brentford 😆

We’ve come a long way from the Jordans of this world…

If we're after a Ward-Prowse type, would Celtic's Turnbull be a good alternative for our side? Think we'd be unlikely to lose value on him, he'd not come in demanding a starting place but would add creativity when we need to rest / rotate. 

The big money (I think) will be spent on players that have experience in this country. The players that will bought as starters. That is why I think we’re probably targeting the likes of McNeil and Ward Prowse.

I would then expect to maybe see 1 or 2 10m pound signings from abroad. The gems that have been scouted. 

Could be wrong of course, but I think we’ll see another 35-40m player come in before the window shuts. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I volunteer to sit on his head..so he doesnt move during the teabagging!

Weird villatalk fact...I was the ORIGINAL VILLALAD on villatalk until i changed my nick in 2015

Dirty Leeds. I mean Villalad 

• Haha 1

As things stand, IF I could sell any players I liked for sure and everyone I wanted would sign and it would be for quoted media fees....... and we had a net budget of 80-100m

I'd sell
Samatta 6m (already done)
Conor 4m

Engels 3m

El Ghazi 15m

Guillbert 4m

Total 32m

Bring in

Buendia 33m 
Koopmeiners 18m (DCM)

Wijndal 15m (LB)
Tuanzebe 8m (I saw in the media recently that price)
Aarons 30m
Pereira 15m

Total  119m

Total Net - 87m net

Leaves room for a backup keeper if you desire and I also suspect you could loan Abraham with a obligation to buy.

All championship manager esque and lacking in reality but you get the point