Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

10 minutes ago, sne said:

And Lukas Nmecha who won the U-21 Euro's for Germany last night is supposedly available for as little as £7m since he only has 1 year left on his contract with City.

I’ve seen his name mentioned before. What type of forward is he? 

11 minutes ago, sne said:

And Lukas Nmecha who won the U-21 Euro's for Germany last night is supposedly available for as little as £7m since he only has 1 year left on his contract with City.

Fits the bill, young with potential and unlikely to demand to be first choice.

It will be very difficult to find a back up for Ollie who is good enough and happy to sit on the bench. Probably impossible. In my opinion the answer is a wide forward who can play with Ollie and instead of him when required. They don’t necessarily have to play every game but at least enough games to keep him interested and sharp. 

Still not an easy player to find but at least more possible and more desirable than a backup. Backup players shouldn’t really be a thing we’re looking for anyway. They should always be able to provide at least some completion for places. 

• Like 1

Man City have released Lukas Nmecha's younger brother Felix, ten goals in twenty appearances last season albeit in the U23 league not a bad return for an attacking midfielder. Presumably there will be a few interested in him.

30 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Not for back up though.  We are not going to get a player who would start in a CL team to come in and sit behind Ollie and I don't think we have the budget for one that will replace Ollis at this stage. 

We need to be really smart here.  This is certainly where Lange & Co will hopefully prove their worth and pull a rabbit out of the hat!🤞

You don't get better by buying players to sit on the bench...  You buy players as good as or better than the ones in your starting 11.  We're showing that we have the kind of funding to go after this kind of player who is an obvious step up in quality from who we already have, or is cut from the same cloth and willing to earn the spot from our current starter.

Edited by KMitch
Engrish

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

It will be very difficult to find a back up for Ollie who is good enough and happy to sit on the bench. Probably impossible. In my opinion the answer is a wide forward who can play with Ollie and instead of him when required. They don’t necessarily have to play every game but at least enough games to keep him interested and sharp. 

Still not an easy player to find but at least more possible and more desirable than a backup. Backup players shouldn’t really be a thing we’re looking for anyway. They should always be able to provide at least some completion for places. 

Spoiler

Football Soccer GIF by SV Werder Bremen

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’ve seen his name mentioned before. What type of forward is he? 

Not gonna lie I have not watched a ton of him but just like Watkins he used to play on the wing and he makes intelligent runs and works hard. He's pretty big and strong and quite rapid when he get's going.

By all accounts he's come on leaps and bounds this season.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, KMitch said:

We played 4-3-3 in the Championship and at the beginning of our first season back in the Premier League with a Grealish/McGinn/Hourihane midfield.  We stopped that formation when Smith shifted Jack out wide left.  We started regularly playing 4-2-3-1 last season with Barkley.  Lots have criticized McGinn for "falling off" last season, but it's mainly been because of our tactical formation change.  Sanson & Buendia are the missing pieces of the puzzle to be able to play 4-3-3 regularly again next season.  

When grealish was playing as a central midfielder. Neither him or Buendia will play as deep as Jack did in the championship.

It will be a 4-2-3-1 and whatever you want to say aside from LB the 3 behind the St are the only positions we don't have 2 backups. We don't even have 1.5 because trez is crocked. He have 4 players for 3 positions.

I think the obvious move is signing a winger who can play as a St. But one a bit physically stronger than traore to give us a different option. Marcus Thuram as I have suggested I think would be a great fit. Although we could maybe go for someone a bit pacier in Leon Bailey although he is weaker.

That will give us the necessary 5 I think to go into a season (we could do with 6 given we ended up with Ramsey or McGinn at CAM at points last season and I think they are better as CMs of DMs) but I think it is unlikely 3 get injured at a time again and Sanson could potentially play as a CAM. 

21 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Indeed. 

So we have more or less signed buendia, been linked with a move for ward prowse and people are seriously suggesting wood? Nothing against him but look at the level that we are targeting and the style we are wanting to play, wood would only play for the last 10 mins when chasing a game. I would prefer if we were to play buendia at 10 and sign someone like daka that can play rw or st

45 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

That's the issue, Ollie is now the most important player in the team. If he got injured for 10-15 games or longer it would be like when we lost Jack last season. Wes isn't proven in Prem and has had such a serious injury. Also he does drop deep too much (as Deano pointed our Wes could play 2nd striker in the 10 role). Davis isn't up to standard and Barry will never be a CF even when he develops he's a wide forward. 

We got away with the gamble of no backup to Ollie last season we can't roll the dice again I feel. CDM and LB we can sign younger players who will develop I feel proven experience is needed in CF. 

Barry and Brad Young play all across the front 3. As you need different skills for each so I think it is smart for for them to develpp them like that. 

• Like 2

Just now, Villa Stu said:

So we have more or less signed buendia, been linked with a move for ward prowse and people are seriously suggesting wood? Nothing against him but look at the level that we are targeting and the style we are wanting to play, wood would only play for the last 10 mins when chasing a game. I would prefer if we were to play buendia at 10 and sign someone like daka that can play rw or st

Cbc Yes GIF by Kim's Convenience

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, useless said:

Man City have released Lukas Nmecha's younger brother Felix, ten goals in twenty appearances last season albeit in the U23 league not a bad return for an attacking midfielder. Presumably there will be a few interested in him.

I signed them both on FM and they were amazing so sign them up Lange 🤣

but I think he actually would be a pretty good pickup as a backup with potential (and wouldn't cost much)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

We could rotate Ollie out of that starting position.  Either on to the bench, for a rest, or to LW, which would allow the 2nd choice striker (Wood etc) game time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

Where else do you think AEG can play other than on the LW??

If he can, he's been hiding at well as far as I am concerned.

He's played around half his Villa career games at RW. His best Villa game was brace against Baggies in Championship on RW.

Just checked LW vs RW 48 vs 46 for Villa all comps

Edited by Kiwivillan

48 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I think we might loan a striker. A good one.

The problem is clubs loan players out to get plenty of game time, which we wouldn’t really be able to guarantee. 

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

The problem is clubs loan players out to get plenty of game time, which we wouldn’t really be able to guarantee. 

Or to get their inflated wages off their books. Not something we should be up for either.

• Like 2