Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

45 minutes ago, sne said:

Difference being that they could not keep Luiz due to the WP issue even thou his contract still had a few years left even thou they wanted to keep him.

Nmecha only has a year left on his contract so unless he signs a new one the lose him for nothing next season. They don't have the same leverage to put in a buy back clause and doubt Nmecha would want one.

True... he’d be a good option... don’t see the harm especially if he’s under 10mil!

• Like 1

Anyone suggested Edson Alvarez yet, as a younger, slightly better Nakamba that wouldn't break the bank. Been linked with spurs and Wolves in the last few windows but reckon he'd be gettable and a good partner for Luiz.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KMitch said:

You don't get better by buying players to sit on the bench

I broadly agree but let’s face it sometimes you do get better that way, especially with young players. Leicester do it repeatedly. They sit on the bench for a year, they develop, then they win a place in the team. Also something we want our own kids to do of course. 

They also don’t just sit on the bench - I don’t think Patrick Bamford would displace Watkins for example but if Patrick Bamford was sitting on our bench we would be significantly better equipped to win games where Ollie is struggling and we need to change things than looking at whether Davis or Wesley is the right option (even though I haven’t written off either personally).

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Arsenal in for Ruben Neves now imagine if we swoop under their noses 😂

Villa should be all over this as Neves is very talented.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Anyone suggested Edson Alvarez yet, as a younger, slightly better Nakamba that wouldn't break the bank. Been linked with spurs and Wolves in the last few windows but reckon he'd be gettable and a good partner for Luiz.

Really don’t see what people see in Luiz. To me he’s a very limited player not particularly good at anything. Sell him and bring in Neves to replace him.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, striker said:

Really don’t see what people see in Luiz. To me he’s a very limited player not particularly good at anything. Sell him and bring in Neves to replace him.

OK,  a good partner for McGinn/Sanson/A.n.other deep lying playmaker.

• Like 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Was shite last season. No better than what we've got imo

We’ll have to agree to disagree on that one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

If we sign Chris Wood I will Teabag villalad and stream it live on VT.

Anything from Villalad on this? He’s either gone into hiding or gone to get ready. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The problem is clubs loan players out to get plenty of game time, which we wouldn’t really be able to guarantee. 

Or, they need somebody expensive off the wage bill. Maybe somebody surplus, but still class. Our loan fee could be the first year of a longer deal, or we can send them back.

5 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

LW, CAM, RW

We have El Ghazi, Grealish, Buendia and Traore.

CAM is a position that comes from the central midfielders. Sanson/McGinn/Ramsey/Chuckwumeka can all play there.

4 hours ago, sne said:

Pretty amazing if they manage to get Edouard and Boubakary Soumaré for a combined fee of £40m. 2 players I'd love at Villa.

33m combined is amazing business if true.

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

CAM is a position that comes from the central midfielders. Sanson/McGinn/Ramsey/Chuckwumeka can all play there.

Sansonight be able to. Mcginn and Ramsey are bad there. And Chukwuemeka is not ready to be a consistent starter 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Koopmeiners being strongly linked with Atalanta for 18 million euros. Surely we should be all over that @paul514

Apoplectic will be my reaction if he moves for 18m to a club we could beat for a player.