Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 minutes ago, rubberman said:

I think it's why we might buck the young and upcoming trend here (and poss back up keeper). Someone like Giroud would be ideal - not expecting to start every game but good enough to keep Watkins working hard and with experience to pass on to the kids for 1-2 years. 

Yes, GK is another where we might / should look for some experience to replace Heaton

4 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Not for back up though.  We are not going to get a player who would start in a CL team to come in and sit behind Ollie and I don't think we have the budget for one that will replace Ollis at this stage. 

We need to be really smart here.  This is certainly where Lange & Co will hopefully prove their worth and pull a rabbit out of the hat!🤞

Why dont we have budget? I really want a quality DCM but if we didnt get one we wouldnt be massively having a problem but if Ollie gets injured or an alternative to Ollie is a major problem.  Maybe our focus should be striker and thus focus budget on that.  Given our likely budget I dont see why we cant have both

In terms of a back up striker, I’d be looking at someone along the lines of Matias Arezo or Kaio Jorge. (both fm legends for my villa saves).. young strikers who have played first team but are happy to move to England and work their way into the first team, but also can play and be effective when required..

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

Edouard is apparently available for 15m who's 23yo french u21 international and people are talking about Chris Woods, 29yo for £30m.

And Lukas Nmecha who won the U-21 Euro's for Germany last night is supposedly available for as little as £7m since he only has 1 year left on his contract with City.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Edouard is apparently available for 15m who's 23yo french u21 international and people are talking about Chris Woods, 29yo for £30m.

It’s crazy the amount of value that Leicester seem to be extracting.  

I wasn't sure if it was true and was relying on google translate to read it, but saw an article a few days back that seemed to suggest that Fenerbahçe's obligation to buy Samatta had been cancelled and as a result a few Belgium teams were interested in buying him, maybe there's a striker we could get from that league in a swap deal.

Just now, sne said:

And Lukas Nmecha who won the U-21 Euro's for Germany last night is supposedly available for as little as £7m since he only has 1 year left on his contract with City.

Didn’t he also score 20 goals in Belgium on loan last season too? 

2 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Obviously I'd prefer Edouard but what young CF would move to Villa to be back up? Especially when he can join another Prem team as their starting CF. Hence Ollie is an asset and an issue here, he's freakish fitness levels mean he'll start every game for us. So a back up is a unique back up in that they will play very little as back up to Ollie as opposed to being a back up elsewhere.

17 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

If we sign Chris Wood I will Teabag villalad and stream it live on VT.

I really want to sign Chris Wood now mate!  Sell Grealish, Martinez and Konsa as well to fund a Chris Wood transfer fund.  Might try and start a GoFundMe page as well.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, GENTLEMAN said:

Didn’t he also score 20 goals in Belgium on loan last season too? 

Yup. His price might have gone up a bit now that he also won the golden boot in the U-21 Euro's.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

He’d be an interesting one.... I feel like a deal with city will include a dougie esc buy back clause which we may not be into doing now unlike when we got promoted...

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Obviously I'd prefer Edouard but what young CF would move to Villa to be back up? Especially when he can join another Prem team as their starting CF. Hence Ollie is an asset and an issue here, he's freakish fitness levels mean he'll start every game for us. So a back up is a unique back up in that they will play very little as back up to Ollie as opposed to being a back up elsewhere.

I think we have to consider the fact that Watkins needs more rest though. 

We didn’t really excel in the cups this year, didn’t have europe and Ollie still played 37 matches.

And that's before you consider he may get injured.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yep that would be me but I'm a bald bugger so no hair! 

I can just imagine the 2023 European Cup final quote reading (mock of the 1982 Withe goal)

"McGinn; Buendia prepared to venture down left. There's a great ball played in for Jack Grealish. It must be. It is! Keinan Davis! Oh no, he missed, how did he miss that!"

Nicolas Cage Laughing GIF

• Like 1

Just now, MattAvfc92 said:

He’d be an interesting one.... I feel like a deal with city will include a dougie esc buy back clause which we may not be into doing now unlike when we got promoted...

Difference being that they could not keep Luiz due to the WP issue even thou his contract still had a few years left even thou they wanted to keep him.

Nmecha only has a year left on his contract so unless he signs a new one the lose him for nothing next season. They don't have the same leverage to put in a buy back clause and doubt Nmecha would want one.