Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 hours ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I volunteer to sit on his head..so he doesnt move during the teabagging!

Weird villatalk fact...I was the ORIGINAL VILLALAD on villatalk until i changed my nick in 2015

I wouldn't volunteer to be anywhere near that event ... sounds like you are a little too interested in the event!😉

2 hours ago, skarroki said:

If we're after a Ward-Prowse type, would Celtic's Turnbull be a good alternative for our side? Think we'd be unlikely to lose value on him, he'd not come in demanding a starting place but would add creativity when we need to rest / rotate. 

From the limited bits I have seen, I would probably prefer Olise as a back up ACM?

30 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

As feared, things are moving for Pope Matar Sarr. Aston Villa is the most enterprising club to sign the Senegalese but "other European clubs are also interested".

Welcome to the club Pape Sarr

40 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

As feared, things are moving for Pope Matar Sarr. Aston Villa is the most enterprising club to sign the Senegalese but "other European clubs are also interested".

Meme Think GIF

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Olise would make our XI comfortably I reckon

Even better for circa £10-£12m quoted.  He could cover Jack and/or give us a 10 option.

I would sell AEG - who should have value given his stats this season - and bring in Olise.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Meme Think GIF

Who is this lad and shall I get more excited than I am now?

Edit: Weirdly this quote just quoted a picture of Batman. So to clarify I do know who Batman is.

Edited by Adam2003
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Decent player plenty of potential. I've got BT SPORT so watched a few French ligue 1 games. Personally I'd prefer K.Thuram or Kamara from Marseille. But Sarr isn't bad and can thrive and improve. Has a ridiculously powerful shot though.

Sanson should have a word, take a leaf out of Emi’s book…

1 hour ago, Loxstock92 said:

Not over 6 foot!

Not interested

Trollface - Wikipedia

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

Pessimist in me, if Ollie gets injured or form dips...we have a player I really like in Wes but we have no idea if he can come back, how effective he will be and Davis is out of favour and Barry will just likely gets slight look ins next season.

We don’t but the coaching and medical staff should have some idea.

That will most likely dictate what we sign in terms of a striking option.

Should also ease your optimist/pessimist internal mental turmoil 🙂

At the young age of 18, Sarr is obviously still raw and needs time to develop and learn if he is to reach his sky-high potential. Aston Villa will offer a pathway to the first team, and with Dean Smith’s record in developing players, the midfielder could find a move to Birmingham an exciting prospect.

He has already made his way into the Senegal senior squad, making his debut against Congo, a game that ended as a 0-0 draw. Former Aston Villa midfielder and compatriot of Pape Matar Sarr, Idrissa Gueye, has gone on record to state that the youngster is ‘the future of Senegal’.

Other interest is thought to have come from a number of other English teams, including Chelsea, Everton and Manchester United – whilst French sides Olympique Lyon and OGC Nice are also reportedly interested. 

It is thought that a deal worth around £25,000,000 will be required to force FC Metz’ hand and allow Sarr a move – a hefty price for a raw talent. The club’s president Bernard Serin has mentioned that it would be ‘very hard to stand in the players way when a big club comes calling’.

An interesting link for Aston Villa – but one that could pose a potential risk.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Obligatory youtube video link for the lazy. Looks good!

According to this he is a box to box midfielder.... I have lost interest already, if it isn't a DCM then it can piss off.

• Haha 1