Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

7 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Need to be sent out on loan. No point having them here when we can't afford to give them a chance. We want to be competing for Europe. Send them to the Championship to clubs we know that will play them. West Brom would honestly be great for Carney. 

Why would WBA be great for CC? They currently have no manager. Couldn’t think of a worse situation for a loanee to go into 

18 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Better to give Carney a loan imo so he can get game time to develop.

I agree CDM is needed I did say that. Although Luiz is a class above mcginn. But we at least have 4 maybe 5 players for our 2 deeper midfielders. Luiz, Nakamba, McGinn, Sanson and maybe Ramsey who I see as more analogous to a Bellingham or Mount than a true attacking midfielder. Once he bulks up a bit I think that will be his main position.

4 players for 3 positions is horrific and you can't go into the season with that especially since grealish is injury prone and Buendia gets a number of suspensions. We definitely need at least one more player there. For me ideally a LW because Grealish should be the CAM and Buendia should be RW although hopefully we get a lot of rotation.

I think my favourite is thuram especially since he is a very good striker. Fast and Strong so similar to ollie like that.

Luiz a class above mcginn im really having a hard time with that one as much as everyone else, but as you stated all the midfielders including sanson who should now be stepping up or being moved on imo, but yes maybe one more CM as you said would certainly be enough, perhaps we could have Luiz play in those sanson and barkley areas of the pitch and get a new CDM to replace him as i think Luiz would be better there however thats not me saying he should start there as i feel he would be adequate for us coming off the bench, but thats an idea if anyone agrees it would work. Yes Carney would benefit from a loan spell for sure but we could do with him in and around the first team.

Chukwuemeka doesn't need to and I'm almost certain won't go on loan this summer as he's still only seventeen.

And if he's so good as a seventeen year old that he's good enough to get into a championship team, then he's good enough to be a squad player for us which I think he will be next season.

Edited by useless
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Awol said:

Fabrizio tweeting Edouard very close to joining Leicester now. We can scratch that one off if he was ever a serious target. He’ll do well there under Brenda. 

£15m reported fee too. We should be all over that at that price but unless Wesley moves on I don't think we are in the market for another forward.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Is the Chris Wood link legit?

If there's the notion that we've got cash and we're chucking it about we could end up as the agents go to "interested" club that's used to negotiate contract terms elsewhere 

We don't comment on speculation either so it's easy to do because we won't refute it 

Basically agents are words removed who make shit up to earn players more money - that's where I would file this 

Edouard is a solid striker and at £15 million worth a punt for Leicester. I'd be concerned if he could perform at a Premier League level though, because in my opinion the Championship is a tougher league than what's on offer in Scotland. 

Chris Wood would be an absolute no-no for me though. 

Edited by MachoFantastico

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Pretty amazing if they manage to get Edouard and Boubakary Soumaré for a combined fee of £40m. 2 players I'd love at Villa.

The buy well do Leicester, young or old. Both Fofana and Evans were/are excellent for the money paid. They bought terribly after winning the league but seem to have sorted that now.

• Like 1

Edouard has only got one year left on his contract which is probably why Leicester are getting him so cheap, if he was in the same situation at a premier league they could demand more, but because Celtic don't have the same kind of financial power especially after covid and loss of revenue from no crowds, they have to take what they can get, bascially they can't afford to lose him on a free next summer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrBlack said:

There's a decent right back that was on loan in France this season.  Plays for a PL team. Can also play left back. Got a decent whoscored rating while on loan too... wouldn't cost much, forget his name. 

And we all know you can never have enough right backs!😀

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

If celtic are selling one of their better players that low who else do they have? Ajer? 

On his way to Bayer Leverkusen according to the rags.

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Vardy, Iheanacho and Edouard. Some striking force.

Way ahead of our two back up strikers. This is the kind of squad depth we need to build over the next year or two.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

Mings would be that person for me. I'd prefer it if we spent a chunk on a much better ball playing centre back to replace Engels than a back up left back. I'd like to see Mings moved back out to left back for a few games. Maybe Conor Coady or Ben White??

Ben White would be amazing but he would be 💰.

I can't see Mings being happy to be Targett's back up???

5 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

For me I think we will match or increase that first summer in spending. Now is the time to break into Europe and if we do the extra spending is justified by increased revenue and more importantly increased attraction to top quality players. 

I reckon there will still be 100 mil left in the kitty. Maybe an extra 20 mil on top of that to get some more depth. As we need 4 depth players on top of in my opinion 2 more first team players. 

I hope that you are right.  We could do some serious damage with that spend and be a real force.  And I agree that the timing could be perfect with larger clubs having legacy issues, as a consequence of the pandemic, with substantial incumbent wage bills.

I am sure our owners can afford it its whether they want to and whether FFP allows it - I thought FFP had been loosened but I'm not sure how it applies now.