Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

13 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Agree here, I would spend the max on this position, then work around that, it's that piece of the jigsaw that will transform us.

I would like to find a young Gareth Barry type.

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah I was calling for a few senior heads during 19/20 given all the leads we were blowing that nearly got us relegated.

Now I'm not so sure. The squad has grown up a fair bit in last 12 months and likes of Mings and McGinn can fill that leadership void. We just need better quality in certain positions to continue improving.

With this strategy though we'd never have signed McGrath who was I think 30 when we got him. Likes of Kevin Richardson and Andy Townsend were also around 30 when we got them in and same with Merson and Dublin.

Of course little resale value but all those played huge parts in us winning stuff or being one game from winning FA cup so yes there is a role for them if you can identify one who want to join for the right reasons and can still run about e.g. not Pires who was well past it when we got him in a decade ago.

I thought Snoddy was a good Loan too.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

I wonder if he’s on our radar. He was mentioned last season and nearly joined Leeds. 

Checked the other day and he was 4/1 to join Leeds, next was Bin Dipper FC on about 8/1 I think. 

Would love him here, but not likely if Mr Grealish stays and plays at 10

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

Checked the other day and he was 4/1 to join Leeds, next was Bin Dipper FC on about 8/1 I think. 

Would love him here, but not likely if Mr Grealish stays and plays at 10

If Jack is trying to persuade Tammy to join us, I would be very surprised if Jack has plans to leave.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Not bad.

I think Marvelous is close to the style but with better vision and considerably better passing ability. I'd keep Marv too.

I would keep Marv, whatever we do.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

If Jack is trying to persuade Tammy to join us, I would be very surprised if Jack has plans to leave.

I didn’t know he was, in fact I didn’t think we were interested in Tammy at all?! 

With Barkley (100k), Heaton (47k), Elmo (43k), Taylor (39k) thats roughly 230k p/w wages saved to reinvest in 2-3 new players without even increasing our current wage bill!.

If we could also offload Hourihane (40k) and Kalinic (35k) thats another 75k p/w saved, however i cant see how we could offload those two with those wages.....

Does Hourihane's contract expire in 2022?, also does Kalinic's expire in 2023?? (we really need to offload Hourihane & Kalinic this summer if possible....)

wages estimated from what i could find on google.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I wonder if he’s on our radar. He was mentioned last season and nearly joined Leeds. 

Wouldn't mind Perez if Atletico are willing to let him go.  Purely based on Football Manager of course!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

With Barkley (100k), Heaton (47k), Elmo (43k), Taylor (39k) thats roughly 230k p/w wages saved to reinvest in 2-3 new players without even increasing our current wage bill!.

If we could also offload Hourihane (40k) and Kalinic (35k) thats another 75k p/w saved, however i cant see how we could offload those two with those wages.....

Does Hourihane's contract expire in 2022?, also does Kalinic's expire in 2023?? (we really need to offload Hourihane & Kalinic this summer if possible....)

Hourihane’s ends this summer. I imagine they may not have announced him with the other players leaving since he is still involved in the Champ playoffs. Otherwise, I’d be really surprised if he stuck around. I’d expect he signs with Swansea or another Championship team in order to play regularly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Doesn't he play the same position as Buendia? If Atléti are after de Paul, then that would clear the runway a bit more for us with Buendia.

more similar to Jack when he plays central, if we continued Jack out wide then De Paul be a brilliant signing. He will be for any team

22 minutes ago, LockStockVilla said:

Hourihane’s ends this summer. I imagine they may not have announced him with the other players leaving since he is still involved in the Champ playoffs. Otherwise, I’d be really surprised if he stuck around. I’d expect he signs with Swansea or another Championship team in order to play regularly. 

He signed a new Co tract when we got promoted. I doubt it was a 2 year deal. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, vreitti said:

Why don't you try looking in the Sanson thread.

Oh yes, Stupid me! I forgot all the topics on here are religiously adhered to (As i read multiple posts by others on this very topic above Re: Hourihane, Nakamba etc etc none of which you chose to correct?!) 😉

Edited by danceoftheshamen

47 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Conor Hourihane's contract at Aston Villa expires in June 2022.

I think if Swansea get promoted they will sign him permanently, even if they don't there is a fair chance they will sign him or another championship club will.

I like Connor but i can't see him coming back if we are making at least 3-4 new signings.

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Yep the way the club is being run right now if almost perfect; hardly any players left in the squad on high wages and not being utilised.

However the wage increases during the season means our wage bill will have increased from last season. Mings, Konsa, McGinn & Targett all signed new contracts during the season.

We are certainly in a better place than we have been for a long time.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I think if Swansea get promoted they will sign him permanently, even if they don't there is a fair chance they will sign him or another championship club will.

I like Connor but i can't see him coming back if we are making at least 3-4 new signings.

Unless he is willing to take a sizeable wage drop i doubt a championship club could afford his wages!