Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

There’s a lot of experience gone from those three today. You see the comments from the players about how much they all helped as well as setting standards. I wouldn’t be surprised to us add an experienced head amongst the ranks. Probably a number 2 GK.

I think we’re fine, it means it’s time for players to step up into those roles. Mings 28, Emi 28, McGinn 26, Jack 25 will take on the senior roles and everyone else is 23-26 can grow too with the kids coming through. Terry still being here a few years post retirement helps too.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

There’s a lot of experience gone from those three today. You see the comments from the players about how much they all helped as well as setting standards. I wouldn’t be surprised to us add an experienced head amongst the ranks. Probably a number 2 GK.

Leicester City on their way back, signed Cambiasso, who was Instrumental IMO of getting them back on track....What a player like that would do for us.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

Leicester City on their way back, signed Cambiasso, who was Instrumental IMO of getting them back on track....What a player like that would do for us.

I think we are ready for a player like this, someone like Cavani (not his level - obviously we can’t pay £350,000 a week!) who can come on alongside or instead of Ollie when we are searching for a goal.

Someone who impresses his team mates by the way he conducts his everyday business.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MarkLillis said:

I think we are ready for a player like this, someone like Cavani (not his level - obviously we can’t pay £350,000 a week!) who can come on alongside or instead of Ollie when we are searching for a goal.

Someone who impresses his team mates by the way he conducts his everyday business.

Giroud?

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, TRO said:

A bloke called Eric someone  or other was no spring chicken when he joined Man U , who hadn’t won the league for 20+ years. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

A bloke called Eric someone  or other was no spring chicken when he joined Man U , who hadn’t won the league for 20+ years. 

I had to look it up to check, and yep Cantona was 26 when he joined United. What may have misdirected you was the fact he retired at 31. 

He could probably still do a job now tbh.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Eric who?  

14 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Completely agree. But excellent servant, come on now. 

Why? Why do you have to pick a fight over this? Just wish him well and move on.

If you must have an answer beyond he played well, was professional on and off the pitch, how about he's not Nyland and he indirectly lead to us buying Emi.

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

Djemba-Djemba

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Djemba-Djemba

He joined Man utd in 1992 as and helped them to a title as 10 year old?  No wonder they named him twice 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TRO said:

Mentioned mata last week and got slaughtered - yet benteke name is spouted as a target ... 

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Mentioned mata last week and got slaughtered - yet benteke name is spouted as a target ... 

Its been said before....The coaches can't spread themselves over all the players for dedicated tuition, young players do learn from the seniors, too....JT has been a big influence to Mings,Konsa & Hause.

One or two top class seniors in the squad, would be ok for me.....but we also have to realise they would represent no sell on value....it would have to be training ground value...or selective games....that may not appeal to the owners.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Cavani hasn't done bad either.

I am all for our overall policy....totally endorse it....and I hope we continue in that Vain.

but now and again, you have to make exceptions.

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Giroud?

I don't think Villa, Floats his boat.....Great player, but no spiritual /emotive connection with us, sadly.

Edited by TRO

27 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Why? Why do you have to pick a fight over this? Just wish him well and move on.

If you must have an answer beyond he played well, was professional on and off the pitch, how about he's not Nyland and he indirectly lead to us buying Emi.

Picking a fight?! Sweet jesus. I disagreed with a comment, I commented on it. Is that not one of the purposes or a forum? I also agreed with a comment of yours, and commented on it. Take a breath my friend, its the weekend.

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't think Villa Floats his boat.....Great player, but no spiritual /emotive connection with us, sadly.

I’d go as far to say he hates us given how many he’s scored against us

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I’d go as far to say he hates us given how many he’s scored against us

I think when you weigh that up and how many Wood seems to get.....I think we have an aerial issue when defending  back posts in particular.

51 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I had to look it up to check, and yep Cantona was 26 when he joined United. What may have misdirected you was the fact he retired at 31. 

He could probably still do a job now tbh.

Really? I thought he was about 30 when he went to Man U. I stand corrected. Serves me right for even mentioning that mob. Consider my mouth washed out with soap.