Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

26 minutes ago, yayoboy said:

Possibly, the fact that he has 'only' done it in Austria keeps the cost down I think?

We’ll see, but I’d be amazed if he didn’t go to an established UCL team for £50M+. 

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'd like to see us sign a striker in the Robbie Keane mould. 

Still slightly bitter we never signed him when we should have. 

Not sure why I'm saying this now, but I just watched a Baggio thing on flix and ended up watching Keane clips on youtube. Absolutely class. 

I agree we should've have and I suppose that why I think we should sign Tammy.  Not for same attributes or anything like that but because he fits our team, yes he has downsides but he has great upsides and I think he fits us.  I'd love him and Ollie as our two strikers whether as one up top, as a two or some other combination.  Sometimes jigsaw pieces are not perfect on their own but when with the other pieces can be really great and I think Tammy fits us.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd say probably one of the most underrated/underappreciated strikers of all time.

He's the one player I really wish we'd signed in the Gregory era. He'd have stayed here for his entire career and been a club legend. Such a good player.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sne said:

If City are selling Lukas Nmecha for as little as £7m I'd be seriously tempted to take a punt. Only has 12 months left on his contract and has been banging them in for Anderlecht on loan and for the German U-21's.

Ex winger and pretty versatile who works hard and is pretty fast. 

Much rather have him as backup to Watkins than Davies and Wes who I both think would benefit from loans.

Definitely this.

We need to spend the bulk of our transfer budget on other, far more important, areas.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

More than likely late, just seen us linked to Tammy and Loftus Cheek?

If Loftus-Cheek can be his best and do a Lingard he would be great, big IF though. 

Defo have Tammy. If RLC was value, say 12m*, 40m on Tammy, 40m on Buendia, 15m Rachica. 107m would that be a good window?

*seems to have fallen off a cliff for form and fitness and is on high wages now, can't see him costing a lot and maybe if Terry does have influence and can see something we could work with, then maybe a decent punt?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

If Loftus-Cheek can be his best and do a Lingard he would be great, big IF though. 

Defo have Tammy. If RLC was value, say 12m*, 40m on Tammy, 40m on Buendia, 15m Rachica. 107m would that be a good window?

*seems to have fallen off a cliff for form and fitness and is on high wages now, can't see him costing a lot and maybe if Terry does have influence and can see something we could work with, then maybe a decent punt?

The additions of Buendia, Tammy and Rashica would give us great fire power. However I think we need to improve on our central midfield’s defensive quality. A ball playing Nakamba would be good. RLC may give us that but he definitely appears to be more on the way down than on the way up. His injury record is also a problem. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

No. I wouldn't spunk that kind of money on RLC, Tammy or Rashica.

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The additions of Buendia, Tammy and Rashica would give us great fire power. However I think we need to improve on our central midfield’s defensive quality. A ball playing Nakamba would be good. RLC may give us that but he definitely appears to be more on the way down than on the way up. His injury record is also a problem. 

Who would u go for Dave? If we could get the others and nail the position you mention we would be a nightmare to play against. 

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

RLC I agree. Tammy I think we’d be interested at around £35m, Rashica sounds good value at £15m, potentially  a bargain. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

RLC - absolute gamble

Tammy - can't see it really unless we lose Wes and/or Davis, and I really don't think he would fancy dislodging Ollie and will prob end up at a west ham/Palace.

Rachica - completely unknown as the what we would actually be getting.

I mostly agree it would be poor but if Tammy is up for it for the right fee/wages I'd have him.

7 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Who would u go for Dave? If we could get the others and nail the position you mention we would be a nightmare to play against. 

Probably someone from abroad similar to Rice but half the money, my knowledge isn’t good enough to put a name in the frame. Perhaps Kante if we could get Turchel very drunk and get some pictures of him that show him in a less than good light....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Probably someone from abroad similar to Rice but half the money, my knowledge isn’t good enough to put a name in the frame. Perhaps Kante if we could get Turchel very drunk and get some pictures of him that show him in a less than good light....

Agreed and I really think it's key to our season, I really think we will finish higher and with the right man in this position we could seriously challenge the top 6.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

RLC - absolute gamble

Tammy - can't see it really unless we lose Wes and/or Davis, and I really don't think he would fancy dislodging Ollie and will prob end up at a west ham/Palace.

Rachica - completely unknown as the what we would actually be getting.

I mostly agree it would be poor but if Tammy is up for it for the right fee/wages I'd have him.

I don't think Rashica is a completely unknown. People who've watched him have said he was poor last season and the stats back it up. I think its mostly people being overly hopeful that he can rediscover his old form because they watched a few youtube highlights videos of his, despite the fact that we all know how misleading those can be.

RLC is just shit. If he can't perform for a relegated Fulham team, what makes you think he could do the job for a team aiming to push for top half if not europe? It would be gamble but it would be a bad gamble at any amount of money.

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I don't think Rashica is a completely unknown. People who've watched him have said he was poor last season and the stats back it up. I think its mostly people being overly hopeful that he can rediscover his old form because they watched a few youtube highlights videos of his, despite the fact that we all know how misleading those can be.

RLC is just shit. If he can't perform for a relegated Fulham team, what makes you think he could do the job for a team aiming to push for top half if not europe? It would be gamble but it would be a bad gamble at any amount of money.

Rachica seems a good player but is more likely a sideways step and not a guaranteed upgrade on what we have based on last year.

RLC had a fantastic early career and looked like a superstar in the making, look how Matt Targett has grown, Lingard looked better at spam then he ever did at manU, players can sometimes find a spot and grow/recapture something special. What I read was that Terry rates him and could influence a move which if happened could be a disaster or another Lingard. You're right though, on the basis of last year at Fulham, it looks like a bad gamble.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Quick....smelling salts for the club accountant.

• Haha 1