Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Who's the one player "dream" if you had to name one? Cock on the block one signing 

Just trying to gauge it, go daft, go realistic, go £1 go £40m, any position any player... Just 1 player 

I'd say brandt £25m

Ozyarbal 60m

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Who's the one player "dream" if you had to name one? Cock on the block one signing 

Just trying to gauge it, go daft, go realistic, go £1 go £40m, any position any player... Just 1 player 

I'd say brandt £25m

Gio Reyna, not sure exactly what he would cost, maybe 40/50 mil

• Like 2

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I'd say brandt £25m

Andy Carroll and play him as DM.

he he he, I jest....... ill go Declan Rice

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I'd say brandt £25m

Eduardo Camavinga - Plays dm, but developing box to box. French international at 18 (although not selected for euros). No idea on price though, probably 50m +

Edited by mikeyp102

4 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Gio Reyna, not sure exactly what he would cost, maybe 40/50 mil

I love Reyna and can't wait to see him develop.  His dad was a legend for us Americans and Gio can arguably become better than Pulisic, who is by far the most talented player we've ever produced.  Chelsea's fanbase has more than doubled in the USA since they signed Pulisic, which has generated A LOT of revenue for that club.  Reyna will be worth more than 40/50 million in a few years if he continues to develop as he has been.  Whichever Premier League club ends up signing him from Dortmund will get a legion of new fans in America from him.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

When Kante was Luiz age he played in the French 3rd division , was uncapped and played for the mighty Boulogne who finished 13th

This is a massive pet peeve argument of mine. 

Yes, there are players who break out at the highest level relatively late and then go on to superstardom. There are also players who break out at the highest level relatively early and don't amount to that much and stagnate, probably a lot more of these than the first case. 

According to our esteemed Sunday newspapers Man City, (A small club from Cheshire that have never won the European Cup), are going to/thinking about/preparing to activate Douglas Luiz’s buy back clause. Apparently that’s £25m. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or not? Ultimately probably a load of rubbish and indicative of how little genuine news leaks from clubs these days. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I'd say brandt £25m

Patson Daka, £40m?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

According to our esteemed Sunday newspapers Man City, (A small club from Cheshire that have never won the European Cup), are going to/thinking about/preparing to activate Douglas Luiz’s buy back clause. Apparently that’s £25m. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or not? Ultimately probably a load of rubbish and indicative of how little genuine news leaks from clubs these days. 

Yeah, I'd take 25m for Luiz.

7 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Same as the people who write off 23-year-old physical strikers at an age when Didier Drogba was in the French second tier.

Are you a Davis fan by any chance.

I suppose Jamie Vardy is the classic as well.

There are loads of examples of late developers but for every one there will be hundreds more that did not develop!!  Obviously, like any football transfer, the challenge is picking the one that does work.

• Like 1

Pretty sure Luiz buy back price will have been bumped to £30m or £35m now. It was £25m last summer and goes up each year if the articles when we signed him were correct.

Don't want us to sell him either way.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

If they do activate his buy back clause, then I guess we would have no choice, other than to take whatever the cash is. I have to wonder how they will sign Harry and everyone else that they have been linked with and still have no FFP issue though. Oh sorry, I forgot such things do not apply to them (their legal team makes sure of that). I like what you did above by the way. :)

Edited by John

17 minutes ago, sne said:

Pretty sure Luiz buy back price will have been bumped to £30m or £35m now. It was £25m last summer and goes up each year if the articles when we signed him were correct.

Don't want us to sell him either way.

This was my understanding as well, and at £30-35m I can't see Man City activating the clause, but you never know...

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Wow, did someone move Manchester from Lancashire to Cheshire. Seriously though, I’d snatch their hands of for 25,000,000 for Dougie.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I'd say brandt £25m

Rodrigo De Paul 30 million, he would take the creative pressure off Jack and his set pieces are really good

• Like 2