Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

13 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Probably 100k between the 3 of them? Plus Barkley was on that by himself.... So that's a total of 200k so far.

Gives us quite a bit of a salary saving considering all four are players that we did not rely on last season.

51 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Can anyone guesstimate how much these departures free up in wages?

55-70k in wages I would imagine.

Heaton was on 40k a week. And I don't think Taylor or Elmo would be on more than 5-10k a week in the championship. The only way it would be above that is if they had massive promotion kickers. 

Edited by MotoMkali

35 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Absolutely this. These three have been excellent servants to the club, and done their bit when called upon. They have served as well, despite what people may think of their footballing abilities for where we are now. I wish all three of them the best.

Elmo and Taylor have been excellent servants. But Heaton?! He played for four months and has been injured / second choice ever since. Bit of a stretch to label him as an excellent servant. 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

55-70k in wages I would imagine. 

Surely you've underestimated there? Heaton alone would surely have been on £40k+ a week? Elmo somewhere around £30k a week and Taylor maybe £20k-£30k a week? I'd guess the 3 of them would have been earning in the region of £80k-£100k a week.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so its confirmed Heaton, Taylor & Elmo leaving, thats gotta be 80-100k saved off the wage bill to invest in new signings!?!

And hopefully it means we want to do business quickly. Looking good for Kinder Bueno

Edited by HKP90

53 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Surely you've underestimated there? Heaton alone would surely have been on £40k+ a week? Elmo somewhere around £30k a week and Taylor maybe £20k-£30k a week? I'd guess the 3 of them would have been earning in the region of £80k-£100k a week.

Heaton was 40k (That was pretty much confirmed)

But No way Elmo and Taylor were earning that much. We were a rich championship club when we signed them but still a championship club. No way they were on more than 10-15k a week. 

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

But No way Elmo and Taylor were earning that much. We were a rich championship club when we signed them but still a championship club. No way they were on more than 10-15k a week. 

Apparently the usually reliable football salary websites say Heaton 42k, Elmo 25k and Taylor 32k per week

Edited by nick76

14 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

No chance, mate. At least £30k each.

Look! we aren't doing any business early. The best deals will come in 1-2 months time. Its when clubs will feel desperate to sell. At the moment the prices of the markets are the top prices, if we wait a little the prices will come down. Plus with the euros and Copa America etc its not possible to do early deals. I expect us the to deals in 2-3 months time. Be patient  

5 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Look! we aren't doing any business early. The best deals will come in 1-2 months time. Its when clubs will feel desperate to sell. At the moment the prices of the markets are the top prices, if we wait a little the prices will come down. Plus with the euros and Copa America etc its not possible to do early deals. I expect us the to deals in 2-3 months time. Be patient  

I appreciate the logistics argument, and I am sure you are right, but the valuation thing surely depends on the type of tournament they (assuming they are internationals) have. If they are under the radar now and they have fantastic tournaments, then it makes sense if at all possible to do the business now, right? 

Plus the main argument in favour of a quick deal with Buendia is that there are other folks sniffing around. If Arsenal are constrained by a sell to buy policy, then if it's me I am banging Buendias door down with a contract to get it done while the competition's hands are tied. 

• Like 2

I'd say it's easily about £100k/w off the wage bill. Just like our other players Taylor and Elmo will have gotten a pay hike when we were promoted.

Best of luck to them in their future endeavors.

21 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

The 4 youngsters you mention aren’t ready. Barry and Kessler especially. Personally, I’d loan all 4 out for a season. 

I think one or two will stay close to home with us....They need to feel the Villa Love.

We have already lost Kane Taylor, we can't afford to lose any more and these predators, will have easier access if they go out on Loan.

We have some Special Talents, who need to be close to the first team.....and benefit from our inhouse, dedicated tutoring, and strength building.

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

No way Elmo and Taylor were earning that much. We were a rich championship club when we signed them but still a championship club. No way they were on more than 10-15k a week. 

You’re going to lose your mind when you hear how much money we were paying Lansbury every week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Elmo and Taylor have been excellent servants. But Heaton?! He played for four months and has been injured / second choice ever since. Bit of a stretch to label him as an excellent servant. 

Not his fault he got injured, and was decent for us. Also a good character.

There’s a lot of experience gone from those three today. You see the comments from the players about how much they all helped as well as setting standards. I wouldn’t be surprised to us add an experienced head amongst the ranks. Probably a number 2 GK.

• Like 2