Martinez

Cash  Konsa  Mings  Targett

Sanson  Luiz

Rashica  Buendia  Grealish

Watkins

Bish. Bash. Bosh. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Oh yes, Stupid me! I forgot all the topics on here are religiously adhered to (As i read multiple posts by others on this very topic above Re: Hourihane, Nakamba etc etc none of which you chose to correct?!) 😉

I'm working on it buddy. 

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Martinez

Sanson  Luiz

Watkins

Back 5 and Watkins ... ✅

Midfield 5

---------- SJM ------ Bissouma ------------

Buendia ------- Jack --------- Rashica

Right 3, wrong order for me.  From what I've seen.  But I think they are interchangeable and would hopefully be very fluid.

Who's the one player "dream" if you had to name one? Cock on the block one signing 

Just trying to gauge it, go daft, go realistic, go £1 go £40m, any position any player... Just 1 player 

I'd say brandt £25m

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yep 9cm shorter than Nakamba so that will be a no from many on here. 

It's almost like some have only watched Villa over the past 40 years.  Nearly all the best defensive midfielders of the modern football era have been under 6'.  Kante, Fernandinho, Makelele, Davids, Keane, Dunga, Deschamps, Matthaus, etc.  You don't have to be as physically gifted as Patrick Vieira or Yaya Toure to be outstanding in that role.  

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Not tall enough

16 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yep 9cm shorter than Nakamba so that will be a no from many on here. 

I know you lot are trying to be funny and slight posters suggesting a  Big, strong DM. 

However, Kante being short doesn't prove why Luiz is/Could be a great CDM... lol

It just makes him an inferior player, and short as well.,

If Luiz was half a Kante, no one would complain, and Nakamba gets his plaudits from us.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Who's the one player "dream" if you had to name one? Cock on the block one signing 

Just trying to gauge it, go daft, go realistic, go £1 go £40m, any position any player... Just 1 player 

I'd say brandt £25m

Going absolutely ludicrous with Kingsley Coman for a cool $75 million.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I know you lot are trying to be funny and slight posters suggesting a  Big, strong DM. 

However, Kante being short doesn't prove why Luiz is/Could be a great CDM... lol

If Luiz was half a Kante, no one would complain, and Nakamba gets his plaudits from us.

People wanted twice relegated Billing just because he had his game of the season against us and he's a big unit that can head the ball as if we're playing Allardyce era Bolton every week 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I’m playfully slighting the idea that a couple inches is such a huge advantage for a DM that we should replace Doug with someone who’s tall and strong because they’re tall and strong. What people really want is to sign someone as good as Kante, which is nearly impossible at the moment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'd say brandt £25m

If you asked me to pick 1 player in the world to join us, it would be Haaland.  He's the best player in the world under 21 at the moment.  

Realistically?  Buendia or Pereria would be huge for us.  We need another major attacking threat up top.  Ollie was immense for us last season, as was Jack, but we need a 3rd in order to push for Europe.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Martinez

Sanson  Luiz

Watkins

why are you suggesting playing players with attacking attributes in a defensive double pivot.

We saw tonight a team that abandoned their normal format, for attacking options and failed......Sanson and Luiz are not players with dedicated defensive nous.....They are 8's

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

When Kante was Luiz age he played in the French 3rd division , was uncapped and played for the mighty Boulogne who finished 13th

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I'd say brandt £25m

Russell?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

When Kante was Luiz age he played in the French 3rd division , was uncapped and played for the mighty Boulogne who finished 13th

Same as the people who write off 23-year-old physical strikers at an age when Didier Drogba was in the French second tier.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I'd say brandt £25m

Messi on a free. There's the cock of all cocks in footballing terms. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I'd say brandt £25m

Daichi Kamada for £26 million.

Gettable and Tottenham interested.

• Like 1