Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Wages are the stumbling block for most of the names mentioned in here. Top players at other teams will want 100k+ A week unfortunately and I’m not sure we can quite hit that yet (Grealish aside). 

I have no doubt the money for Transfer fees and Agent fees is there. 

Who knows, maybe another year in the top flight has given us power to spend more. I’m sure we’ll trim the squad again this summer and that will free up some money for wages elsewhere. 

Because we don’t have anyone who deserves it yet, apart from Grealish. 
That doesn’t mean we won’t spend 100k if we had the right player. But we need to be careful as if these kind of players failed then it would be hard to shift them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

As an FYI these are supposedly the average premier league wages for each club

C8334D73-0D7A-4EA1-B595-EE39AFC8EE27.png

For last season I assume since Watford are there? We've signed some expensive contracts since then and given a bunch of our players new improved contracts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

Fab Romano reporting leicester have it sown up.

Would he get in ahead of Ndidi for them (I assume he's a DM). They have Tielemans and Maddison for the more advanced roles.

It's not impossible Leicester could finish 7th so do they really become that incredible prospect to sign for compared to us if they finish that low? Big last four games of the season for them really.

Edited by VillaChris

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Grealish to Man City is a fait accompli, is it not?

Do they even need him?

Foden is now established in their first 11, Mahrez is probably in his best form of his career there and helped them get to CL final (unless they're just going to cash in and flog him to PSG for 60m or something), De Bruyne will still be around next season and they've got likes of Sterling and Torres also around.

Unless Pep just decides to play 4-6-0 all season with Aguero leaving I can't see the logic in him moving there this summer.

Man. United also probably moved on now and Chelsea have loads of players who play left or central.

Only top side I can see being able to afford him and needing him is Liverpool tbh given the rumours about Salah wanting to move on and they signed Jota for 40 odd million last summer to give then a plan b in attack.

• Like 2

On 06/05/2021 at 16:59, MaVilla said:

the problem with Henry though, is he has more injuries than i have changes of underwear......

Season 19/20 Played a total of 51 games inc play offs and cup, This season 34 games until he got clattered from behind in Feb, rumour is he will be back for this seasons play offs, so his injury record has improved.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Season 19/20 Played a total of 51 games inc play offs and cup, This season 34 games until he got clattered from behind in Feb, rumour is he will be back for this seasons play offs, so his injury record has improved.

You'd be looking for 15-20m aswell given we signed Cash for similar amount. Walsall I assume have some sell on clause although it's like MI5 trying to get them to disclose transfer information.

Don't see the logic in potentially spending 20% of our budget on another LB personally.

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

CB, LB, DM, CM, RW and ST all needed this summer.

Problem is they can’t all be £20m players as they won’t be better than what we have.

Which means you can’t have them and need to cut the list down.

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Means we need to have patience and 2 summers... 

Well sure, in my mind if we have 120m which is the mid point between the two premier league budgets we have had, I buy 3 first team players and 2 squad players with  the money from 3 being released and selling 4 players.

21 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Well sure, in my mind if we have 120m which is the mid point between the two premier league budgets we have had, I buy 3 first team players and 2 squad players with  the money from 3 being released and selling 4 players.

I think I’m close to your viewpoint but I’d spend my budget on some real quality if possible and that would be my sole focus.  2 maybe 3 players.  Then if I can do some wheeling and dealing elsewhere with ins and outs then fine but focus is that real quality into the first XI.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, paul514 said:

We had 23 first team players in our 25 man squad this season.

We lose Taylor, possibly Heaton, elmo, samatta is gone, Berkley sent back, trez out for the season. That takes us down to 17 and that's not accounting for fred Gilbert possibly being sold and the state of Wesley and engels.

Youth / under 22 we can have as many as we like, they don't count towards the 25.

So looking at that, we are 8 players down for next season.

I don't see players like el ghazi and Fred going anywhere unless they force a move due to our still small squad.

I think the majority would be happy getting 3 players who are at least 1 level above the players they replace anywhere on the pitch.

I'm guessing the long term plan is to keep 12 to 14 very good players 3 or 4 exceptional players a couple reliable for the odd game players and the youth to make up the rest.

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think I’m close to your viewpoint but I’d spend my budget on some real quality if possible and that would be my sole focus.  2 maybe 3 players.  Then if I can do some wheeling and dealing elsewhere with ins and outs then fine but focus is that real quality into the first XI.

I agree....but my priorities, would be different to many on here.