Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

We were linked with Kerr Smith last summer, I think he even had a trial with us, but as far as I know he since signed a deal with Dundee United. The other day one of our academy players put him on their 'instagram stories' which did make me wonder.

Not so sure on this Kerr Smith.

Another Smith at the club may start to see a trend of Smith happening.

If so I want this

the matrix GIF

Signed.

So with Harry Williams from West Brow and Josh Feeney from Fleetwood that's the third young CB we've been linked with recently.

Safe to say we seen to be looking at strengthening the central defense at youth level 

I hope we are looking into a broad market and many leagues, like the Bundesliga for instance, but I suspect we are going to sign the most foreigners from the French league. Can't really back it up, but it's just a feeling I have. 

5 minutes ago, sne said:

So with Harry Williams from West Brow and Josh Feeney from Fleetwood that's the third young CB we've been linked with recently.

Safe to say we seen to be looking at strengthening the central defense at youth level 

We've been deploying natural midfielders there quite a bit, haven't we?

• Like 1

Claims that us Wolves, Leicester and Everton among others have inquired about Boubakary Soumare from Lille. Would be a absolutely astounding signing but can't see it.

Lille are looking likely to win the title in France and will bar a disaster get into the CL next season. And if he does move there will be bigger clubs than us looking at him.

We have money thou hopefully so you never know. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sne said:

Claims that us Wolves, Leicester and Everton among others have inquired about Boubakary Soumare from Lille. Would be a absolutely astounding signing but can't see it.

Lille are looking likely to win the title in France and will bar a disaster get into the CL next season. And if he does move there will be bigger clubs than us looking at him.

That's who I'd go for.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

That's who I'd go for.

Me too, if even remotely possible I'd go all out for him. If not then Aurélien Tchouaméni from Monaco if they miss out on the CL.

Denis Zakaria is another one and he only has 1 year left on his contract but I suspect he already has a transfer more or less done.

Not sure we are at a level where we are interesting to these players yet thou.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Fab Romano reporting leicester have it sown up.

1 minute ago, MrSmirch said:

Fab Romano reporting leicester have it sown up.

Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up there. Guess there is a risk that Lille will get Monaco-ed and absolutely picked apart by richer clubs after this season. 

Shame we are a year or 3 away from competing for these players.

12 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I feel like Daka would be a fun signing to make. No idea how feasible it would be though.

A huge fan of this kid as well.

Lightning quick, and can play all across the front line.

Left Wing, Right Wing, Centre Forward. Would kill multiple birds with one stone. 

The type of signing we could splash big money on for versatility, only 22 as well.

I'd be ok with someone like him being our only forward signing.

Forward: Daka

CM/DCM

LB Cover

CB Cover

Big money on the Forward and CM/DCM, moderate on the other 2 would be a decent summer IMO, for circa 100 mill?

As i've suggested before as well, we could possibly up the quality and money, to purchase a CM/DCM type which could also cover as a CB comfortably.

Quality over quantity. 100 - 120 mill for 4 signings.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

A huge fan of this kid as well.

Lightning quick, and can play all across the front line.

Left Wing, Right Wing, Centre Forward. Would kill multiple birds with one stone. 

The type of signing we could splash big money on for versatility, only 22 as well.

I'd be ok with someone like him being our only forward signing.

Yeah, if we did adopt a front 3 similar to how Liverpool play, we could do far worse than

Watkins
Grealish                  Daka

Or however we'd choose to line up. 

• Like 3

Once again it seems like hats off to Leicester for their recruitment. I’ve never seen Soumare, but he seems highly rated. They’ve probably got him lined up for if Ndidi gets poached from a bigger club. Fair play to them. 

As for Kerr Smith, I’ve a mate who’s a Dundee United fan, so I’ve asked him what he knows about him. He’s made 3 league appearances recently, which at 16 is some going!