Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Am I the only one that wonders why the f*** people keep talking about this koopmeiners chap? 

He’s an ideal target in terms of our need for a more physical/imposing & tall player in midfield, with quality on the ball:

https://smarterscout.com/articles/teun-koopmeiners

If you're a club in Europe's top five leagues, and you're not interested in Teun Koopmeiners, then one of two things must be true: (1) you can't afford him, or (2) you already have a great DM, and maybe a couple of great CBs as well. Because otherwise, Koopmeiners can almost certainly help you.

Let's start with the basics. He's a smarterscout young prospect, which means our exclusive algorithm has flagged him as a player destined for bigger things. And he's already a high performer by a Premier League standard at DM – he's an above average defender in both quality and quantity, and his ball retention is excellent.

He's got skills, too. He's probably a better tackler than two thirds of Premier League DMs, and he's also outstanding in the air on dead balls. In terms of style, Koopmeiners offers a great mix of short and long passes, and can also take the ball forward himself.

There are, of course, alternatives. It’s certainly an area that needs strengthening and should stop us getting overpowered in MF. We must become more of a threat from set pieces too.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

O.k that Periera guy looks pretty decent....

And while I'm at it seems Saka's name gets mentioned on here from time to time as some sort of realistic signing (I don't see it) but I think Smith Rowe is a terrific player, very graceful on the ball and chips in with goals so surely if we're looking for some sort of Grealish alternative in long run he looks a good bet to me especially as Arsenal don't have a clue with signings so they'll probably make him available if the next manager signs more attackers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

I'd be surprised if Lplop would be intersted as the have Fabinho, Citeeh have Fernandino and Rodri, and Arse have Partey and Xhaka, so i would imagine that they all would be focusing on other parts of the team to rebuild.

He would be absolutely ideal for us btw.

Isn't Wijanaldum leaving on a free for Barca. And Milner is mid 30s so there's room for him in midfield there especially as Henderson been out injured for months and is in his 30s now aswell.

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

What are you disagreeing with?

If we put Jack at ACM then we need a left sided winger more than anything.

If we’re keeping Jack at LW, then we need an AMC.

Beyond that, sure let’s try and upgrade further in other positions.

I want Buendia (RW?), and I think I would like Koopmeiners for DMC. I think Bissouma is a bit overrated and there should be higher quality and better value targets out there.

I want the midfield three to be able to move between 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 depending on how a game is playing out.

Also the two players I have picked are both able to play 10 and striker again for tactical flexibility.

Koopmeiners - Obviously :D

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

He’s an ideal target in terms of our need for a more physical/imposing & tall player in midfield, with quality on the ball:

If you're a club in Europe's top five leagues, and you're not interested in Teun Koopmeiners, then one of two things must be true: (1) you can't afford him, or (2) you already have a great DM, and maybe a couple of great CBs as well. Because otherwise, Koopmeiners can almost certainly help you.

Let's start with the basics. He's a smarterscout young prospect, which means our exclusive algorithm has flagged him as a player destined for bigger things. And he's already a high performer by a Premier League standard at DM – he's an above average defender in both quality and quantity, and his ball retention is excellent.

He's got skills, too. He's probably a better tackler than two thirds of Premier League DMs, and he's also outstanding in the air on dead balls. In terms of style, Koopmeiners offers a great mix of short and long passes, and can also take the ball forward himself.

There are, of course, alternatives. It’s certainly an area that needs strengthening and should stop us getting overpowered in MF. We must become more of a threat from set pieces too.

He is also cheap and at an inferior club so should be easier than most to get.

14 minutes ago, paul514 said:

He is also cheap and at an inferior club so should be easier than most to get.

Doesn't necessarily work like that, he's not an unknown, it'll be more a case of who's willing to take the risk of him being a PL player, if we had a £15m bid for him accepted then we wouldn't be the only bidders

the price is going to go up due to the fact that half of Europe will be scouting him, definitely a sellers market 

28 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Am I the only one that wonders why the f*** people keep talking about this koopmeiners chap? 

No, I'm with you.

For months I've been seeing his name pop up time and time again on here like he's the new Pirlo.

This isn't against any posters as such, but it's like WTF?

He sounds more like something you would buy from the off licence!

"Get us 6 Koopmeiners on your travels!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

No, I'm with you.

For months I've been seeing his name pop up time and time again on here like he's the new Pirlo.

Watch him or look up his stats the guy is tailor made for what we need.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I want the midfield three to be able to move between 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 depending on how a game is playing out.

Also the two players I have picked are both able to play 10 and striker again for tactical flexibility.

Koopmeiners - Obviously :D

Sure, no problem with that. There are exceptional players that can play both out wide and at AM.

Players like McGinn and Sanson are not cut out to be no. 10s, it weakens us to play them in that position. They are just box to box CMs.

We saw at the start of the season, signing a proper AM/10 (in form Barkley at the time) massively helped transform us into a formidable team - someone to play close to Watkins and link up with Jack is precisely what we need. Unless we put Jack in that position, then we would need someone exceptional to play where Jack has been.

Oyarzabal is a star player but I think he would be hard to entice and, should he be available, would be a target for the “elite clubs” (most likely Real & Barca) but it would be amazing for us to even try for such a player. Would command a huge fee and sizeable wages, I just don’t see why he would choose us over other options.

I’ve always loved Italian players but they tend to find it difficult to settle abroad (Zola was an exceptional exception 😆Benny wasn’t too bad either!).

If Coutinho was a little younger, on drastically lower wages and not as renowned then he would be an excellent target 😆

Someone of that type who can create, score from distance and free kicks is exactly what we need most.

Again, out strategy is to sign players on the way up, potential stars, and it is a sound one.

To digress, have you seen much of Koopmeiners?

And would Wijndal be an ideal signing to as alternative or backup LB?

I don’t watch much football beyond Villa nowadays but was an absolute nut in my younger days.

10 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

No, I'm with you.

I don’t think anyone’s been going crazy about him or overrating him.

He’s the ideal sort of target and we do need someone of his type/ilk.

Doesn’t have to be Koopmeiners but we need someone strong and resilient with quality on the ball to help our midfield out.

We’re a small team and have some quality players but we are often overran and overpowered against certain teams and it’s an issue we need to resolve. 

We have no threat from set pieces either, there are a few ways we can improve the side considerably and gain more success in games.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Sure, no problem with that. There are exceptional players that can play both out wide and at AM.

Players like McGinn and Sanson are not cut out to be no. 10s, it weakens us to play them in that position. They are just box to box CMs.

We saw at the start of the season, signing a proper AM/10 (in form Barkley at the time) massively helped transform us into a formidable team - someone to play close to Watkins and link up with Jack is precisely what we need. Unless we put Jack in that position, then we would need someone exceptional to play where Jack has been.

Oyarzabal is a star player but I think he would be hard to entice and, should he be available, would be a target for the “elite clubs” (most likely Real & Barca) but it would be amazing for us to even try for such a player. Would command a huge fee and sizeable wages, I just don’t see why he would choose us over other options.

I’ve always loved Italian players but they tend to find it difficult to settle abroad (Zola was an exceptional exception 😆Benny wasn’t too bad either!).

If Coutinho was a little younger, on drastically lower wages and not as renowned then he would be an excellent target 😆

Someone of that type who can create, score from distance and free kicks is exactly what we need most.

Again, out strategy is to sign players on the way up, potential stars, and it is a sound one.

To digress, have you seen much of Koopmeiners?

And would Wijndal be an ideal signing to as alternative or backup LB?

I don’t watch much football beyond Villa nowadays but was an absolute nut in my younger days.

Yea I have seen AZ play about half a dozen times in the last year just because of Wijndal, Koopmeiners and Mallen.

Wijndal or Sosa would be my choice for a left back but I would compromise if we ran out of cash because of the wingers as it is so important to our improvement. The only problem with Wijndal is he is no better than average at defending, much more of an attacking full back

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Doesn't necessarily work like that, he's not an unknown, it'll be more a case of who's willing to take the risk of him being a PL player, if we had a £15m bid for him accepted then we wouldn't be the only bidders

the price is going to go up due to the fact that half of Europe will be scouting him, definitely a sellers market 

Agree, there aren’t many players around that most clubs aren’t aware of but we need to take these kinds of calculated “risks” to become an even better side and find ways to attract them to our club over others.

• Like 2

Just now, Jas10 said:

Agree, there aren’t many players around that most clubs aren’t aware of but we need to take these kinds of calculated “risks” to become an even better side and find ways to attract them to our club over others.

Exactly, good bets based on scouting, data and attributes.

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Yea I have seen AZ play about half a dozen times in the last year just because of Wijndal, Koopmeiners and Mallen.

Wijndal or Sosa would be my choice for a left back but I would compromise if we ran out of cash because of the wingers as it is so important to our improvement. The only problem with Wijndal is he is no better than average at defending, much more of an attacking full back

I would be happy for us to spend modestly on a young, up and coming LB. Targett has been exceptional and has demonstrated how, with time and coaching, a player can improve in leaps and bounds. Competition would be good too though.

Do we have no youngsters in that position? Is Mungo Bridge a LB or CB, any good?

I think Kesler is being primed to become our backup RB. We could do with the same for LB.

39 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

As someone with a smarterscout account and has access to their data let me tell you I have serious concerns about how they get to some of their conclusions. In particular, they have this mechanism which adjusts for the quality of the league and its never explained how they do it and it just seems completely arbitrary. That's how they can make claims like "he's already a high performer by a premier league standard" or "probably a better tackler than two thirds of Premier League DMs". You can't really just adjust like that imo, or at the very least they need to released how exactly they make these adjustments.

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

I would be happy for us to spend modestly on a young, up and coming LB. Targett has been exceptional and has demonstrated how, with time and coaching, a player can improve in leaps and bounds. Competition would be good too though.

Do we have no youngsters in that position? Is Mungo Bridge a LB or CB, any good?

I think Kesler is being primed to become our backup RB. We could do with the same for LB.

No idea about the kids really, I have nothing to judge them on as they don't play mens football.

As a general rule unless someone is truly exceptional I want them out on loan when appropriate to league 1 level or above as early as possible.