Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The £15m offer for McNeil thing comes from Football Insider.

I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

salt.jpg

That's not a pinch, that's the flippinghbo GIF by Game of Thrones

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, M_Afro said:

He can’t get in Newcastle’s midfield which would be my concern. He does seem to have an eye for goal though 

Jack had to force himself into Bruce’s villa team to

6 hours ago, JamieZ said:

Word in Italy is that there is an abundance of interest from Premier League clubs in Weston McKennie and that cash-strapped Juventus are prepared to let him go for half that.

I think Phillips is good, but I don't think he's £50+ good.

I think you're right, I just couldn't see Dirty Leeds taking anything less for him.

However I believe we need someone like him and that costs money we've likely never paid before.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JamieZ said:

Word in Italy is that there is an abundance of interest from Premier League clubs in Weston McKennie and that cash-strapped Juventus are prepared to let him go for half that.

Calciomercato is as reliable as Football Insider 

7 hours ago, JamieZ said:

I really wanted us to sign McKennie last summer. He is a different type of player to Phillips but I would love to see him in a Villa shirt. Is it to greedy to wish for both!

• Like 4

Leeds are not going to sell Phillips to us, and he wouldn't want to leave them for us either. Not happening.

McKennie is a interesting player with a good engine, he's been OK for Juve considering it's his first season in the league. Him throwing a party while under lock down wasn't the brightest thing but hopefully he's learned from that and isn't yet another bell end footballer.

If Juve are strapped for cash and get punished by UEFA for their role in the ESL then I'd seriously do everything possible to get Dejan Kulusevski. He'd be absolutely perfect to solve our issues on the right side and can also play second striker, ACM and CM. Kid has a fantastic momentum and drive to get forward every time he has the ball and never stops running. And he also has a sweet left foot so he works as the inverted winger that Smith likes.

Edited by sne
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, sne said:

Leeds are not going to sell Phillips to us, and he wouldn't want to leave them for us either. Not happening.

McKennie is a interesting player with a good engine, he's been OK for Juve considering it's his first season in the league. Him throwing a party while under lock down wasn't the brightest thing but hopefully he's learned from that and isn't yet another bell end footballer.

If Juve are strapped for cash and get punished by UEFA for their role in the ESL then I'd seriously do everything possible to get Dejan Kulusevski. He'd be absolutely perfect to solve our issues on the right side and can also play second striker, ACM and CM. Kid has a fantastic momentum and drive to get forward every time he has the ball and never stops running. And he also has a sweet left foot so he works as the inverted winger that Smith likes.

apparently United have had a transfer bid rejected already for him again its calciomercato not a reliable source

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Some people have some low expectations of what were going to bring in the Summer.

Has beens, once were's seems to be the thing in this page, the names that get floated around where you know if they come here it will be more bad luck for us. We will also stack these players who have dropped off, become unfavoured or struggle to get anything at the club they're with now, but yeah let's go sign them instead of someone who's kicking ass in the first eleven week in week out.

The right winger needs to be someone who we think is out of reach he is that good. I’d start with Oyribal or how ever you spell it at real sociadad 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, paul514 said:

The right winger needs to be someone who we think is out of reach he is that good. I’d start with Oyribal or how ever you spell it at real sociadad 

Oyarzabal - I agree we should go for him. The players we should be looking at for the starting 11 need to be in the same class as Jack. No good improving the starting 11 gradually from where we are. It's already good enough to give anyone a run for their money. Bring in some real quality and we'll be talking. That being said I'd probably play Oyarzabal LW.

If we were to go for 2 wingers I'd also sign Bailey. Watkins, Oyarzabal, Grealish, Bailey would be pretty unstoppable front 4.

But obviously a DM is also necessary. Renato Sanches, Soumare, Zakaria, Bissouma (the last 2 especially).

If we could enter the season with our first 11 looking like:

Martinez

Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett

Luiz, Bissouma

Bailey, Grealish, Oyarzabal 

Watkins

With a bench of:

Steer, RB, Lb, Hause/Engels Replacement, Sanson, Nakamba, El Ghazi, Traore, Wesley. 

McGinn sold with Ramsey and Keinan on Loan. We would be sitting pretty imo. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I dont think the problem with that is necessarily us

If he's available for say £50m we won't be the only fish having a nibble and we won't be the biggest 

I think instead we have to target those who still have a bit of development to do, some questions over them, still got top teams interested but not as guaranteed starters, we're a stepping stone club... But we use them to get us to where they want to be too

Someone like Calvin Stengs 

High value sure fire hits that are good enough for the CL next season won't be coming to us this summer 

Doubt Sociedad will sell Oyarzabal for anything less than his €75m release clause. He has 3 years left on his contract and they are qualifying for Europe, possible even the CL depending on how UEFA handle Real and Barca.

Edit: Fwiw  he's almost exclusively played at LW the last 2 seasons

Edited by sne

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Doubt Sociedad will sell Oyarzabal for anything less than his €75m release clause. He has 3 years left on his contract and they are qualifying for Europe, possible even the CL depending on how UEFA handle Real and Barca.

Edit: Fwiw  he's almost exclusively played at LW the last 2 seasons

I agree that 75 mil euros is most likely (£~65 mil). But that is actually less than I though. I was worried we'd have to go like 80 mil pound.

Him playing LW is perfect seeing as it is probably our weakest position if we wish to play Jack in the centre which I do. 130 mil on 3 big signings then sales to finance depth. I'd sell McGinn for like ~30, El Ghazi if we got 15-20 mil for him, Guilbert if we got 10 mil, Engels if we got 4-5 mil, Heaton if we got 4-5 mil, Hourihane if we got 5-6 mil. That should be enough for some promising players from the championship at LB, RB, CB, a player who can play as either winger, some CAM depth and a St. (Say like 55 mil total maybe?) 

Just now, MotoMkali said:

I agree that 75 mil euros is most likely (£~65 mil). But that is actually less than I though. I was worried we'd have to go like 80 mil pound.

Him playing LW is perfect seeing as it is probably our weakest position if we wish to play Jack in the centre which I do. 130 mil on 3 big signings then sales to finance depth. I'd sell McGinn for like ~30, El Ghazi if we got 15-20 mil for him, Guilbert if we got 10 mil, Engels if we got 4-5 mil, Heaton if we got 4-5 mil, Hourihane if we got 5-6 mil. That should be enough for some promising players from the championship at LB, RB, CB, a player who can play as either winger, some CAM depth and a St. (Say like 55 mil total maybe?) 

I have no interest in moving Grealish away from LW if I'm honest.

• Like 4

Just now, sne said:

I have no interest in moving Grealish away from LW if I'm honest.

I have 100% interest in it. We have seen that competent teams can and will have their rb man mark and have their RW fulfill the rest of the full backs duties against us if he plays LW. If he plays CAM you can't be man Marked otherwise you cause the oppositions midfield to be overwhelmed if you drift like Jack does.

I want to play him in the position he creates more and gets more assists. He hasn't really scored from CAM yet but I feel that is more due to bad luck than anything. He's scored 2 goals this season where he has picked the ball up in the centre and then scored but as a LW. I'd much rather get Jack in the position he has the largest contribution to the Team rather than his individual stats being better and that is indubitably at CAM. 

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I have 100% interest in it. We have seen that competent teams can and will have their rb man mark and have their RW fulfill the rest of the full backs duties against us if he plays LW. If he plays CAM you can't be man Marked otherwise you cause the oppositions midfield to be overwhelmed if you drift like Jack does.

I want to play him in the position he creates more and gets more assists. He hasn't really scored from CAM yet but I feel that is more due to bad luck than anything. He's scored 2 goals this season where he has picked the ball up in the centre and then scored but as a LW. I'd much rather get Jack in the position he has the largest contribution to the Team rather than his individual stats being better and that is indubitably at CAM. 

Agree to disagree on this one 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

I'm willing to go so far as to say it was a dumb move from a smart kid and I'm sure he's learned from it. That's one of the things I've noticed from him—a marked ability to learn and adapt. I had reservations about him going to Italy because as a player he really couldn't be more built for the Premier League, but the one thing I hoped he might gain from it is the learning and tactical awareness that comes from playing in such a different league outside of his comfort zone. And despite Pirlo's lack of success with Juventus, I think Weston has definitely adapted well. But I really do think all roads lead to the Premier League for him.

As for his character, he's smart, articulate, and committed to speaking out for social justice. As combative as is he is on the pitch, he's a big teddy bear off it, and he's had some hilarious moments in Italy.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I have seen his release clause being reported at 65 million euros but whatever, its the same kind of ball park when you are paying so much money, he isn't the only player by a long shot he is just where I would start.

As for who to sell that you mentioned. 

Heaton is out of contract, We would be lucky to get 5m for Conor, Engels probably right, Guilbert we might get half of that, El Ghazi I really don't know. I would be happy with 10m for him personally.

Then there is McGinn 1, I don't think we would sell him and 2, I don't think anyone will pay 30m for him based on his performances this year with him being played out of position.

4 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

I'm willing to go so far as to say it was a dumb move from a smart kid and I'm sure he's learned from it. That's one of the things I've noticed from him—a marked ability to learn and adapt. I had reservations about him going to Italy because as a player he really couldn't be more built for the Premier League, but the one thing I hoped he might gain from it is the learning and tactical awareness that comes from playing in such a different league outside of his comfort zone. And despite Pirlo's lack of success with Juventus, I think Weston has definitely adapted well. But I really do think all roads lead to the Premier League for him.

As for his character, he's smart, articulate, and committed to speaking out for social justice. As combative as is he is on the pitch, he's a big teddy bear off it, and he's had some hilarious moments in Italy.

You aren't selling him to me there.

We should be looking at the first 7 pages of this list for a right winger (some left wingers are fine as we like a left footed player on the right)

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler-statistik/wertvollstespieler/marktwertetop/plus/0/galerie/0?ausrichtung=Sturm&spielerposition_id=alle&altersklasse=alle&jahrgang=0&land_id=0&kontinent_id=0&yt0=Show