Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

Welp, we'll meet you here in the 21st century when you care to join us.

Football forum so I won't post again about this but intersectional politics are regressive and racist.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

I have seen his release clause being reported at 65 million euros but whatever, its the same kind of ball park when you are paying so much money, he isn't the only player by a long shot he is just where I would start.

As for who to sell that you mentioned. 

Heaton is out of contract, We would be lucky to get 5m for Conor, Engels probably right, Guilbert we might get half of that, El Ghazi I really don't know. I would be happy with 10m for him personally.

Then there is McGinn 1, I don't think we would sell him and 2, I don't think anyone will pay 30m for him based on his performances this year with him being played out of position.

It was reported heaton signed a 3 Yr deal so not sure why he'd be out of contract this summer. If we can't sell guilbert for 10 mil there isn't point selling him as we won't get a competent back up and finance other deals for less.

Also bet someone would absolutely pay 30 mil for mcginn especially if he has a stormer at the euros. He's played poorly in every position he's played in this year. But people will look at his previous years goal tallies and his goals for Scotland and buy him. We want better but he is still worth over 20 mil. 

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

We should be looking at the first 7 pages of this list for a right winger (some left wingers are fine as we like a left footed player on the right)

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler-statistik/wertvollstespieler/marktwertetop/plus/0/galerie/0?ausrichtung=Sturm&spielerposition_id=alle&altersklasse=alle&jahrgang=0&land_id=0&kontinent_id=0&yt0=Show

Richarlison and Sancho it is then.  Jack in the middle, with Ollie up top.  Sounds ok to me.

3 minutes ago, Villaphil said:

Richarlison and Sancho it is then.  Jack in the middle, with Ollie up top.  Sounds ok to me.

Sorted! Let's send it to the board for approval and move on to other matters. Who's not pleased with the shade of blue in the new uniforms?

1 hour ago, Villaphil said:

Oyarzabal and Bailey are both better in my opinion and would both be substantially cheaper. 

• Like 1

Don't see us spending £55m-£70m for a player anytime soon. And doubt anyone in that bracket would be interested to come here until we get into Europe on a regular basis.

Guest av1

I’ve never actually watched him play, or seen any rumours about him in the press, but the boy Armstrong at Blackburn has scored a bucket load this season. 

Anyone watched him play? 

Edited by av1

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Don't see us spending £55m-£70m for a player anytime soon. And doubt anyone in that bracket would be interested to come here until we get into Europe on a regular basis.

Only way to get into Europe on a consistent basis is to spend money on world class players. Everton bought Richarlison for 55 mil quid. And sigurdsson for 56mil.

We desperately need another top top player to give us insurance for when Jack is out and to help reduce the pressure in him during games. 

• Like 1

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Only way to get into Europe on a consistent basis is to spend money on world class players. Everton bought Richarlison for 55 mil quid. And sigurdsson for 56mil.

We desperately need another top top player to give us insurance for when Jack is out and to help reduce the pressure in him during games. 

But we don't make the kind of money to be able to spend those amounts year after year after year. Just look at our revenues and turnover. Clubs like Everton, Wet Spam and Leicester are years ahead of us. We need to find the players before they cost that much.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

And didn't get europe... 

Horses for courses, we need to just build the overall quality of the squad, that doesn't mean we have to go out and buy a £60m world class player

And it avoids the bigger issue of which £60m "world class" player is coming to us? They don't grow on trees 

Just now, villa4europe said:

And didn't get europe... 

Horses for courses, we need to just build the overall quality of the squad, that doesn't mean we have to go out and buy a £60m world class player

And it avoids the bigger issue of which £60m "world class" player is coming to us? They don't grow on trees 

That's the point. 50 million pound players will still come.

That's up to them. If they don't want to come to us so be it. But as I said I'd like to get Oyarzabal.

Our first 11 can already give a fight to anyone. Now we need higher quality players to reduce the pressure on grealish. These guys are the best players for their current teams we need someone to be able to give insurance to grealish. 

8 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

That's the point. 50 million pound players will still come.

That's up to them. If they don't want to come to us so be it. But as I said I'd like to get Oyarzabal.

Our first 11 can already give a fight to anyone. Now we need higher quality players to reduce the pressure on grealish. These guys are the best players for their current teams we need someone to be able to give insurance to grealish. 

Disagree

75% of these players on the transfermarkt lists and various wish lists etc would be coming from their 2nd or 3rd club (oyarzabal wouldn't be) 

We need to be looking at potential still, good value, Saint maxim is a prime example, good player no doubt and would improve us but we'd be his 5th club and he'd cost double what Newcastle paid for him, our scouting needs to be good enough that we are the ones finding these players before they come to the PL, not just that our owners are rich enough to buy them afterwards 

I don't mind us signing unknowns, I'm actually more concerned about us chucking huge sums of money that we could have scouted between us here 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Disagree

75% of these players on the transfermarkt lists and various wish lists etc would be coming from their 2nd or 3rd club (oyarzabal wouldn't be) 

We need to be looking at potential still, good value, Saint maxim is a prime example, good player no doubt and would improve us but we'd be his 5th club and he'd cost double what Newcastle paid for him, our scouting needs to be good enough that we are the ones finding these players before they come to the PL, not just that our owners are rich enough to buy them afterwards 

I don't mind us signing unknowns, I'm actually more concerned about us chucking huge sums of money that we could have scouted between us here 

Yes our scouting in the future needs to pick up bargains. But if we want to keep jack we can the cheapskates. And my other posts have been about how once we purchase 2-3 World class players to massively boost our first XI we should then use whatever funds we get from selling players to invest in young players as depth.

And the players I'm suggesting aren't multiclub players except for bissouma and Zakaria and even then they were bought as 19-20 year olds to one of the top 5 leagues from one of the lower divisions. 

Zaha wouldn't move to us given the abuse he got before the game last year.

Also think he's the sort who'd upset the dressing room like Collymore did all those years ago as he wouldn't like not being number 1 here while Grealish remains.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JamieZ said:

He's a hard worker, on and off the pitch, and a character at that. I'm convinced he'd become a fan favorite. Especially if he can be had for as little as €30 million.

I saw Pirlo had questioned his professionalism today. Weight issues. Something they have had to work on.