Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

I'd be surprised if Lplop would be intersted as the have Fabinho, Citeeh have Fernandino and Rodri, and Arse have Partey and Xhaka, so i would imagine that they all would be focusing on other parts of the team to rebuild.

He would be absolutely ideal for us btw.

27 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

For all the Bissouma talk I’m surprised nobody has posted this yet! I know we’re not mentioned, but seems he would be available. 

I would guess that he would want to move to the sort of clubs that have been named, rather than to us. Perhaps if we were to make the first offer to test that resolve and then move on to someone else if he wants to hang around for one of those clubs to come in for him? He's probably already been tapped up by someone though. That said, he is the sort of player that we should be considering.  

2 minutes ago, John said:

I would guess that he would want to move to the sort of clubs that have been named, rather than to us. Perhaps if we were to make the first offer to test that resolve and then move on to someone else if he wants to hang around for one of those clubs to come in for him? He's probably already been tapped up by someone though. That said, he is the sort of player that we should be considering.  

To be fair, most players would look to sign for those 3 over most teams.

However when it comes down to realistically playing the majority of games then he will see it won't be happening at any of those 3.

So then its the next level down, and that's why it's disappointing we have dropped off so badly.

Would have made approaching this standard of player a whole lot easier had we kept in the top 8.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

One thing our squad is lacking is nous. I'm convinced that if Mandzuckic didn't reject us Ollie Watkins gets closer to 20 goals this season.

Yep, the downside of the direction we have taken with recruitment the last few years is that with inexperience you increase the propensity to shoot yourselves in the foot.

We have done that many times this season. Its sort of good in a way; at least its something within our control, rather than being completely out of our depth at this level.

Its not just Premier League experience either, its top flight experience in general. For a large proportion of our players, this is only 1st or 2nd proper season at the top level.

Even for someone like Targett, who you would probably think of as a solid and experienced Premier League player, this is only really his 3rd year in terms of actual games played

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

For all the Bissouma talk I’m surprised nobody has posted this yet! I know we’re not mentioned, but seems he would be available. 

30 seems low for how highly rated he is.

id still have Koopmeiners for 20 over him

3 hours ago, brummybloke said:

We had 23 first team players in our 25 man squad this season.

We lose Taylor, possibly Heaton, elmo, samatta is gone, Berkley sent back, trez out for the season. That takes us down to 17 and that's not accounting for fred Gilbert possibly being sold and the state of Wesley and engels.

Youth / under 22 we can have as many as we like, they don't count towards the 25.

So looking at that, we are 8 players down for next season.

I don't see players like el ghazi and Fred going anywhere unless they force a move due to our still small squad.

I think the majority would be happy getting 3 players who are at least 1 level above the players they replace anywhere on the pitch.

I'm guessing the long term plan is to keep 12 to 14 very good players 3 or 4 exceptional players a couple reliable for the odd game players and the youth to make up the rest.

That’s fine a lot of those players don’t need replacing. Steer is fine, Guilbert replaces Elmo, need a left back, Sanson, McGinn or a wide forward can play in Barkley’s position, Samatta was already replaced.

Edited by paul514

I think that we will try and sign James Maddison, and what might surprise people is that I think Leicester might be willing to let him go as he's very inconsistent, but whether he will submit to our overtures is another matter.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

I think that we will try and sign James Maddison, and what might surprise people is that I think Leicester might be willing to let him go as he's very inconsistent, but whether he will submit to our overtures is another matter.

Would be a superb signing. Him and Grealish mates too. Unfortunately, it won’t happen. 

20 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Soumare confirmed to Leicester. 

Added likely to Edouard also. Oh to be in Leicester’s position. Though if you believe Twitter and TikTok Maddison has and a huge bust up with The Brodge to the point of no return. Won’t repeat the allegation and probs BS ... 

36 minutes ago, paul514 said:

That’s fine a lot of those players don’t need replacing. Steer is fine, Guilbert replaces Elmo, need a left back, Sanson, McGinn or a wide forward can play in Barkley’s position, Samatta was already replaced.

We need to sign an outstanding player for Barkley’s position or stick Jack there and sign an outstanding LW (and/or they can alternate positions). 

New AM or LW of exceptional quality is our most needed signing. 

Edited by Jas10

Just now, Jas10 said:

We need to sign an outstanding player for Barkley’s position or stick Jack there and sign an outstanding LW (or alternate). 

New AM or LW of exceptional quality is our most needed signing. 

Couldn't disagree more, In my world I want 3 high quality wide players who can interchange positions.

I suggested Oyzarbal, Berardi and of course we have Jack.

You then have McGinn and Sanson who can do can play there both of those players are a 8/10 hybrid.

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Couldn't disagree more, In my world I want 3 high quality wide players who can interchange positions.

I suggested Oyzarbal, Berardi and of course we have Jack.

You then have McGinn and Sanson who can do can play there both of those players are a 8/10 hybrid.

What are you disagreeing with?

If we put Jack at ACM then we need a left sided winger more than anything.

If we’re keeping Jack at LW, then we need an AMC.

Beyond that, sure let’s try and upgrade further in other positions.

I want Buendia (RW?), and I think I would like Koopmeiners for DMC. I think Bissouma is a bit overrated and there should be higher quality and better value targets out there.

10 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Added likely to Edouard also. Oh to be in Leicester’s position. Though if you believe Twitter and TikTok Maddison has and a huge bust up with The Brodge to the point of no return. Won’t repeat the allegation and probs BS ... 

what allegation?