Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Right, so what's our strongest team ( With everyone fit ) minus the Red Zoners? ( Don't think Bailey will be travelling for Jamaica but not sure )

Steer

Cash       Konsa      Mings     Targett

Traore    McGinn     Ramsey     Anwar/Bailey

Ings/Ollie

?

If we have all of those fit, it's not necessarily the end of the world?

I know people are shit scared of Steer starting for us, but if we are honest, when has he actually been " bad " for us?

I think we can use eleven players even though we do have a couple on international duty 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Right, so what's our strongest team ( With everyone fit ) minus the Red Zoners? ( Don't think Bailey will be travelling for Jamaica but not sure )

Steer

Traore    McGinn     Ramsey     Anwar/Bailey

Ings/Ollie

?

I know people are shit scared of Steer starting for us, but if we are honest, when has he actually been " bad " for us?

I'd have Young instead of Targett for now. Ings and Ollie playing up front together.

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Steer

Traore    McGinn     Ramsey L  Luiz/Nakamba     Anwar/Bailey

Ings/Ollie

?

I personally think we'll go 3 at the back and 3 5 2 with Ings and Watkins up top. Then McGinn Luiz Buendia in midfield. Young and Cahs wing backs and Axel Konsa Mings. 

• Like 2

I think I'd be going for the Chelsea game, with red zoners called up and unavailable and players out injured:

Steer

Guilbert Tuanzebe Hause Targett

Nakamba Hourihane 

Watkins Ramsay El Ghazi

Ings

And we could lose by double figures but it'll be a nice day out for the 2nd string

Hopefully Konsa, Mings, Traore, McGinn, Bailey and Sanson will be fit and we can use Luiz, Martinez and Buendia

Edited by skarroki

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I personally think we'll go 3 at the back and 3 5 2 with Ings and Watkins up top. Then McGinn Luiz Buendia in midfield. Young and Cahs wing backs and Axel Konsa Mings. 

i have stated recently that i think we should consider going to the 343/3421/3412, however, i dont believe we will, what gives you the idea we might?, we havent played a back 3 in recent times, and even when Ings/Watkins did play together in pre season, we didnt play a back 3.,

What makes u think we will?

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

i have stated recently that i think we should consider going to the 343/3421/3412, however, i dont believe we will, what gives you the idea we might?, we havent played a back 3 in recent times, and even when Ings/Watkins did play together in pre season, we didnt play a back 3.,

What makes u think we will?

I think dean might have dropped in the possibility of going to a back 3 from time to time in an interview when we signed ings when discussing how he and the new signings fit with what we currently have, might be wrong though

16 hours ago, nick76 said:

Not happening though unfortunately by the looks of it.

https://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

84FFBD9E-4753-47A3-8B0B-85EFF6960D43.jpeg

I think we've seen a lot of consistent evidence over the last year or so that what Smith says in interviews/press conferences has more to do with broader club strategies than providing the media/fans with the truth. Not saying we'll be in for anybody but Smith's comments have no value whatsoever in determining that !

4 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

I think we've seen a lot of consistent evidence over the last year or so that what Smith says in interviews/press conferences has more to do with broader club strategies than providing the media/fans with the truth. Not saying we'll be in for anybody but Smith's comments have no value whatsoever in determining that !

He does usually talk rubbish when it comes to injuries, but apart from that he is reliable. When he says no more incomings it means no more incomings. 

9 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

2 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

He does usually talk rubbish when it comes to injuries, but apart from that he is reliable. When he says no more incomings it means no more incomings. 

Yeah, was it last summer where he said "no more incomings" a week or so before the end of the window, and regardless of the excitement that we might sign a player, we didnt.

Grealish or no Grealish, not replacing the weakest area of your side (defensive midfield) is mind blowing, especially for an organisation as well run as Villa. 

Im stunned they haven’t bought a player in to properly shield the back 4. It should have been our number one priority. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Grealish or no Grealish, not replacing the weakest area of your side (defensive midfield) is mind blowing, especially for an organisation as well run as Villa. 

Im stunned they haven’t bought a player in to properly shield the back 4. It should have been our number one priority. 

maybe they just think that they dont have a problem at DM, and the midfielders we do have are good enough for that role??

(i personally disagree, but maybe thats what they think)

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Maybe they did, and none of the targets came off?

Would you rather a crap DM just so we had one, or wait for the right one to join us?

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

They must have very high hopes for Luiz and his development, and see him as the type of sitting midfielder we want to play with. The results this season will show if it is a good or bad decision.

1 minute ago, Czarnikjak said:

They must have very high hopes for Luiz and his development, and see him as the type of sitting midfielder we want to play with. The results this season will show if it is a good or bad decision.

I don’t fully disagree with that decision. I don’t think Luiz is great but he’s fairly young and I guess he’ll improve. But even with Luiz at the base, I’m still surprised they haven’t brought someone in to play alongside him. I thought JWP would have been that player. 

I really don’t understand some of our business this summer. 

I want a DM but it wasn't priority IMO. Yes we faced a lot of shots last year but we equalled our premier league record for clean sheets and we have a solid defence and keeper. 

So many games last year, the actions in the final 3rd cost us. Lack of creativity besides Jack was a major issue. We needed to address that and even more so when Jack was clearly leaving. 

We'd be in a much worse situation if we'd signed a DM and hadn't signed some of Bailey, Buendia and Ings. 

• Like 3

Doug at his best like between the two lockdowns with Nakamba as back up is adequate enough.  If we went for a more physical midfielder I think they would be playing higher up the pitch.  Dean likes a deep-lying mopper-upper who can play the ball in front of the back 4 and try to win the ball further up the pitch.

3 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Neither would comeP. Two seasons ago, maybe, we've missed the boat on them both now. Maybe in two seasons time if they have a decline in form and their current clubs falter a bit.

But both will looking at United (Matic, Fred), Liverpool (Fabinho, Henderson), Chelsea (if no Rice; Kovacic), less likely but perhaps even City (Fernandinho) and thinking they can replace or upgrade on those and are targeting titles in the next few years.

How do you know?

10 minutes ago, striker said:

How do you know?

Philips already turned us down for a start. 

Bissouma is one of the most talked about midfielders in the league in terms of potential transfers, is already being touted to United by the media.

We're too late on them both.