Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

12 minutes ago, striker said:

Did he? You listen too much to the media. Man U have already spent quite a bit so I’d very much doubt they would splash out another 50m on Bissouma but we’ll see on that one.

Source for Phillips was Phillips. Bissouma seemed excited at idea of moving to Larndin team but he's not for sale and likely wouldn't want to come to us so just VT pipe dreams 

I think Bissouma is good but slightly overrated, and by overrated I mean I don't think that any of the top four teams would buy him, and probably not Spurs, Arsenal, or Leicester at this stage because they've already got players that play in his position or have recently bought similar, if he wants a move it would probably have to be to a club like us or Everton. Also I don't think anyone is going to pay £50m for him.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, useless said:

I think Bissouma is good but slightly overrated, and by overrated I mean I don't think that any of the top four teams would buy him, and probably not Spurs, Arsenal, or Leicester at this stage because they've already got players that play in his position or have recently bought similar, if he wants a move it would probably have to be to a club like us or Everton. Also I don't think anyone is going to pay £50m for him.

I’d be happy for us to pay 50m for him.

33 minutes ago, striker said:

Did he? You listen too much to the media. Man U have already spent quite a bit so I’d very much doubt they would splash out another 50m on Bissouma but we’ll see on that one.

Yes.

Lol ok. And we're desperate to bid £50m on somebody are we? As shown by all the previous £50m players we've signed.

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Didnt they sell jordan ibe, rhian brewster and dom salanke (all bigged up as the nect best thing) for something like 60 mill?

No chance we'd get jones for 15

All of which played little to no league games for them

Just now, The Inspiration said:

All of which played little to no league games for them

Yeh, completely different. FWIW, I don’t think there is a hope we sign Jones unless we pay top money - £30m+. 

Even then, Liverpool probably won’t let him go. 

Anyone think we'll move for a GK? If its a free agent, then it can be done after deadline day. I know Martinez will only miss 1 game now, but there are other international breaks and we have been looking at keepers this pre-season already

Caballero is available - having talks with Sheff Utd apparently but he's got big game experience. Could be a good number 2. 

On 27/08/2021 at 21:04, Panto_Villan said:

I'm very aware of this as well. I think there's a huge difference between a player that looks promising during their cameos and a player who can fight their way into a starting role in the best XI for their club. And then there's another step up to being one of the best players on the pitch, and another one again to do all that while just a teenager or in your early twenties.

That said, we've done everything possible to give ourselves the best chance to have a great crop of youngsters coming through, so maybe we'll be lucky and have a golden generation. I'd just be cautious about hyping them up too much; the Academy would more than have justified the investment if it can unearth even one Grealish from the current bunch!

Thats why folk talk about going out an playing " mens football" we all know what that means and thats where the "wheat seperates from the chaff" for the want of a better phrase.

I still think physicality in the game is underrated in some quarters and that's where the talent from some of these budding stars, gets negated, by seasoned journey men and they have to find a way back, to fulfill their talent as expected.

Its not an easy transition.

Jack, Gary Shaw and Brian Little all had to overcome it and shine.

Edited by TRO

Jones is better technically than anybody we have in the middle. He's looked great sometimes, just ok others, but you'd expect that of a 20-yo. Can't see £15M being even remotely possible unless maybe he desperately wants out or something, even then it seems unlikely.

Also, because someone has to do it: https://fbref.com/en/players/4fb9c88f/scout/365_euro/Curtis-Jones-Scouting-Report

Edited by the_eristic

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Anyone think we'll move for a GK? If its a free agent, then it can be done after deadline day. I know Martinez will only miss 1 game now, but there are other international breaks and we have been looking at keepers this pre-season already

Caballero is available - having talks with Sheff Utd apparently but he's got big game experience. Could be a good number 2. 

Depends on how much faith we have in Steer… would be great if he could prove himself an able deputy to Emi.

The only decent option on a free I can think of is Romero… is he still available? Surprised if he hasn’t been snapped up yet.

Another suggestion, a loan for Heaton? Not like he’s going to get much game time over at his new club…

6 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

Jones is better technically than anybody we have in the middle. He's looked great sometimes, just ok others, but you'd expect that of a 20-yo. Can't see £15M being even remotely possible unless maybe he desperately wants out or something, even then it seems unlikely.

Also, because someone has to do it: https://fbref.com/en/players/4fb9c88f/scout/365_euro/Curtis-Jones-Scouting-Report

I’ve watched virtually every game he played in last season and he had 1 good game. He was very much a nothing player in most of the games. He’s still young though so room for improvement. He’s bit cock sure of himself as well, having not done a lot.

I’d rather not go for a Liverpool youngster like Jones (is it even a credible link?) as we won’t get a good deal for us (if he’s rated, they will want a buyback or huge fee) and I would assume the player will be desperate to jump at the first opportunity to return to them. No more glorified loan type deals please…

We have plenty of good or decent youngsters. We need genuine quality that can become mainstays of our team.

I maintain, players like Kamada and Kamara would be ideal signings…

There is no value in buying from this league, so much talent abroad that can improve us and the values of such players or prospects will rise hugely…

We need Hourihan to go out and then there's a very slim chance we get a new midfielder in. I think we'll look to make move for a new midfielder in Jan not now. 

Ramsey/Sanson/Chukwuemeka all need game time. 

• Like 1