Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Feel it’s a shame we haven’t signed Alvarez… would’ve been great to sign a potential star for a bargain fee. We may not get that opportunity again…

The kind of link that excites me personally, I’d like us to get players who have the potential to become quite special…

One more time…

Kamada & Kamara

😆

Won’t be upset if there are no more signings, would just like there to be.

The priority is to get everyone fit and into form, we need to play our strongest team ASAP and see what we are made of… the league seems more competitive/difficult and should be less disrupted or affected by Covid as the previous one. The big teams will be harder to beat imo.

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Feel it’s a shame we haven’t signed Alvarez… would’ve been great to sign a potential star for a bargain fee. We may not get that opportunity again…

It would be nice but I don't think we will be spending big money on potential until we have the 1st team squad properly sorted for a push to Europe. Our investment in potential is clearly focused on the youth and the circa 1m fee

14 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Ramsey/Sanson/Chukwuemeka all need game time. 

Agreed. 

It is funny how some fans are. Constantly complain about not integrating the youth, yet looking for extra player purchases which would prevent the youth getting game time

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Agreed. 

It is funny how some fans are. Constantly complain about not integrating the youth, yet looking for extra player purchases which would prevent the youth getting game time

None of our youth players play as a defensive midfielder. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Haven’t see much of Damsgaard, how good is he and what are his main attributes?

Again, signing young players with huge potential is a great strategy…

Only seen YT and the Euros: YT shows a very good player at 21yo: great technically, good finishing, busy. At the Euros he was the most threatening player on the pitch when we played them, collective relief and surprise when he was subbed. Clearly a very special talent who will surely only get better. 

Would love him here, he is versatile too. We are going to lose players to AFCON this year. He is quality we need in our squad, great age also.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A big positive that we are sorted in the striking department now and no one is calling for another goalscorer to be signed…

How we set up with Watkins & Ings, I don’t know, but it’s great to have them both at the club. The link up could be special and we should score more goals.

Ollie’s intensity, workrate & determination coupled with Danny’s deadly finishing. Hopefully we can be extra clinical!

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Agreed. 

A signing in Jan would make sense. Nakamba will be away at AFCON and should be moved on next summer. So if we get a new signing in we can bed them in as understudy to Luiz. 

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Only seen YT and the Euros: YT shows a very good player at 21yo: great technically, good finishing, busy. At the Euros he was the most threatening player on the pitch when we played them, collective relief and surprise when he was subbed. Clearly a very special talent who will surely only get better. 

Would love him here, he is versatile too. We are going to lose players to AFCON this year. He is quality we need in our squad, great age also.

Is he good at dribbling, carrying the ball forwards? What are his main strengths? Passing range?

Stats and record at Samp would suggest he’s a hard working player but his output hasn’t been all that great. At his age he will develop and improve further though..

Just my personal opinion but I really do think we could do with a couple more quality players, even just another. We are going to have more disruptions such as call ups (inc AFCON), late returns, injuries, illness etc.

The kids are promising but we need to be calm about them, they’re not ready or dependable enough for a sustained run of games in this league. We can’t underestimate the difficulty or challenge of playing at this level.

• Like 1

Yeah I suppose we always have the option of bringing in players in January but it’s notorious for being a difficult window and harder to find value at that time… teams will be more reluctant to lose players and sell them for low/value fees during the season… especially if they are scrambling to bring in replacements. Easy to get ripped off too.

30 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We need Hourihan to go out and then there's a very slim chance we get a new midfielder in. I think we'll look to make move for a new midfielder in Jan not now. 

Ramsey/Sanson/Chukwuemeka all need game time. 

I can't believe that he'll be looking to stay after seeing how many of our "8"s were out on Saturday and still not getting on the pitch.  Ash and Chuky in front of him must be a pretty clear steer.

1 minute ago, barry'sboots said:

I can't believe that he'll be looking to stay after seeing how many of our "8"s were out on Saturday and still not getting on the pitch.  Ash and Chuky in front of him must be a pretty clear steer.

I would say part of the reason Hourihane didn't get game time is to avoid injury in the hope of getting a transfer for him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah I suppose we always have the option of bringing in players in January but it’s notorious for being a difficult window and harder to find value at that time… teams will be more reluctant to lose players and sell them for low/value fees during the season… especially if they are scrambling to bring in replacements. Easy to get ripped off too.

True, but seems possible to do transfers from Europe. We've made signings the last two Jan windows. So if we say line up Doucoure for Jan signing from France seems doable given the finances there

3 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Interesting McGinn said he missed last two games for Villa. Makes me think maybe he was in line to start possibly on Tuesday and not Hourihan. Nakamba McGinn Chukwuemeka has more balance to it 

19 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Thanks . Just spent 15 mins looking for a player with the initials YT before it dawned on me 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

True, but seems possible to do transfers from Europe. We've made signings the last two Jan windows. So if we say line up Doucoure for Jan signing from France seems doable given the finances there

Yep, we got Sanson for a good price.

It’s just more difficult and the options are more limited.

But I would just love a deadline day surprise 😆

Another stunner like the Ings deal!

Greedy boy… 🤣

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

But I would just love a deadline day surprise 😆

I think it is difficult to not feel like that. I don't think I have ever felt that 'just one more signing' would make a big difference and take us to another level 😀