Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

12 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

So do we need a new keeper now with Emi deciding to pretty much be absent for so many games due to the International thing? We also need to find another way without Buendia now too.

This season has to be the most disrupted one i can remember. Pre-season was a shambles, now we have injuries & covid issues to half the team and to top it all off we are losing two big players for goodness knows how long..... European push my arse!

Well I don’t think so, one assumes these rules will affect other clubs too, whilst these rules are in place.

Personally I think these rules will disappear as the months pass 

5 hours ago, Farlz said:

Everyone's favourite Alan Nixon linked us to Curtis Jones tonight. £15m.

I don't see Liverpool selling him and absolutely not a chance £15m so unless he's waffling that's a waste of time. 

I never thought he looked good for Liverpool.  There were a few flashes for sure but I always thought he made them look much weaker when he played.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, andym said:

Not sure how many further we could actually accomodate in the middle of the park, we are pretty bloated there number wise (although that is not matched quality wise).

As it stands with centre midfielder players we have McGinn, Luiz, Nakamba, Ramsey, Hourihane, Sanson; then we have widemen of El Ghazi, Traore, Bailey, Buendia and Trezeguet. Then you've got the youngsters in those positions getting minutes like Chuk, JPB, Archer.

I think we were at the 25 squad limit, although i assume Wesley going on loan gives us 1 space back.

Got to think of wagebill as well; we cant just keep adding players.

Only way we could add one more is if CH gets his loan move. I’m pretty sure we’re done but wouldn’t be shocked if one in/out gets done before deadline. 

9 hours ago, andym said:

Not sure how many further we could actually accomodate in the middle of the park, we are pretty bloated there number wise (although that is not matched quality wise).

As it stands with centre midfielder players we have McGinn, Luiz, Nakamba, Ramsey, Hourihane, Sanson; then we have widemen of El Ghazi, Traore, Bailey, Buendia and Trezeguet. Then you've got the youngsters in those positions getting minutes like Chuk, JPB, Archer.

I think we were at the 25 squad limit, although i assume Wesley going on loan gives us 1 space back.

Got to think of wagebill as well; we cant just keep adding players.

I think that we will see a couple go out on loan (such as Conor & Davis), whether we see anyone come in, is another matter. 

10 hours ago, MaVilla said:

this is a genuine question, considering our net spend is roughly zero, why do we think we are deciding not to go out and buy 1-2 more players to really push on with the squad?

Allowing the 5 new signings to settle?, does Deano actually think we dont need any new players?, are we storing up a war chest for Jan or next summer?, something else?

Maybe it’s purely a case that the recruitment team feel there are no viable options that SIGNIFICANTLY improve the first team and we would rather wait.

Balance that with providing a pathway for the youngsters that the club has invested in, these youngsters do not come without seeing that.

Finally, we have a sensible recruitment policy that is totally different than before, sensible numbers and a managed wage bill.

If VT posters did recruitment we would be destitute with a. Squad of 53 players half of whom are crap but decent on FM99

• Like 3

As disappointed as I’ll be with us not strengthening the midfield, there is something really good about how much we’ve done in this window whilst making a profit overall.

I look at what Arsenal have done and think just how bad things could be.

• Like 2

Jones has looked good whenever I've seen him play, this is someone who made thirty plus appearances for Liverpool last season, if there's any truth whatsoever to our interest then I think he'd be an alternative to Smith Rowe, he's probably of a similar level to him but harder to standout as much in the Liverpool team than it is the Arsenal team. But as I say there's no way Liverpool would sell for £15m.

Understand the hesitance re: signing Liverpool youngsters, but Jones has played often and well at both Premier League and Champions League level so isn't exactly comparable to the likes of Solanke and Ibe. Liverpool and their fans are quite high on him, only 20 and by the tail end of last season had already replaced overtaken the likes of Keita and Oxlade-Chamberlain in their midfield pecking order (although Elliott seems to have done the same to him so far this time around). I'd be shocked if we got him, especially for as little as £15 million, feels a bit like the ESR attempt albeit on a lower scale.

Soumaré, Koopmeiners, Kamara, Sangare all moving or likely to be available for less than Curtis Jones would be costing. All of them better suited to what we need and currently better players.

Just seen that AZ have a younger brother Koopmeiners named Peer Koopmeiners who's 21 and also a DCM who's just been promoted to the senior side. Maybe we can get him and please those who are sad we missed out on his big brother. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

FSG may well decide to cash in and would rather have Curtis Jones than Dwight McNeil … Would lead me to believe el Ghazi could go. Jones and McKennie is my unrealistic dream end to the window 

Edited by thabucks