Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Would be amazed if there isn't a taker for Hourihane before the deadline. And therefore would still be surprised if we don't bring another in as we'll only let him go if we have someone coming in.

Yeah, it would surprise me if a Championship team looking for promotion didn't try and do a loan deal. 

The only signing that I want possibly is a signing to replace Nakamba (assuming Hourihan is gone). We let a midfidler go and sign one who will push Nakamba down in the pecking order this season. 

If that player comes in in Jan or not until next summer it's not the end of the world. 

AEG, Trez, Nakamba, Hause and a LB are the areas to improve next summer by replacing those players Young will stay for 1 more season I'd say as utility player.

Decisions on Davis, Wesley made too. Younger CF as clear 3rd choice needs to be decided on, is it Archer, Chuk, Barry?

Be good for him to have a great season at a club who has shown they will pay decent money on promotion.

Something very smelly is going to have to happen at Fulham for them not to get promoted.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Be good for him to have a great season at a club who has shown they will pay decent money on promotion.

Something very smelly is going to have to happen at Fulham for them not to get promoted.

Yep, if he had a good season with Fulham I would expect a few quid for him next summer. But, I don't think we can afford to let him leave. We need cover for Cash. On Saturday we were looking a little weak at the back with Mings out and Konsa getting injured. If Cash then gets injured or a suspension we would be very exposed

• Like 2

A permanent signing is looking more and more unlikely at this late stage. I wonder whether we may sign someone on loan instead. I don’t want him but would not be surprised to see Ruben Loftus Cheek move somewhere. I’m sure there will be a few other loan moves to come also. Could one be heading our way?

4 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

A permanent signing is looking more and more unlikely at this late stage. I wonder whether we may sign someone on loan instead. I don’t want him but would not be surprised to see Ruben Loftus Cheek move somewhere. I’m sure there will be a few other loan moves to come also. Could one be heading our way?

If we get a loan I think it would be a top class 1st XI player. I can't see us getting in a squad player unless we get a GK on loan. 

25 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think it is difficult to not feel like that. I don't think I have ever felt that 'just one more signing' would make a big difference and take us to another level 😀

Maybe not, but it would give a much needed boost and put us in a healthier state. “Another level” is probably excessive and I didn’t suggest that.

Again, I won’t be upset or complaining if if we are done. Would just like us to be as strong as possible.

I have no problem with anyone who thinks we are fine or strong enough, not everyone is going to agree (we never do 😆).

59 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Haven’t see much of Damsgaard, how good is he and what are his main attributes?

Again, signing young players with huge potential is a great strategy…

Great talent, would pretty much be a Jack replacement, but we're not going to spend £30m on another attacker this window, I wouldn't have thought. Bit of a lazy link. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Great talent, would pretty much be a Jack replacement, but we're not going to spend £30m on another attacker this window, I wouldn't have thought. Bit of a lazy link. 

LW? Or CAM? We seem to be short on options or quality in terms of out and out left wingers…

We have plenty of right sided wingers.

Although, we may set up with 3 forwards and Watkins starting on the left most of the time… Ings in the centre & Bailey on the right (who can also play on the left)?

If he really is that good, we certainly have the funds and should try to beat other clubs to him.

I’d prefer Kamada but I don’t know enough about this kid.

Edited by Jas10

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

“Another level” is probably excessive and I didn’t suggest that.

Maybe I just have said 'next level', I don't mean that one more signing will put us in contention for top 6. I mean it would make us a little better and help us to finish a couple of places higher in the table. I am currently thinking we are good for 10th and a new player may get us 8th/9th

15 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

yeah I could see a loan signing like RLC or Chalobah. Big teams don't usually make players available for loan until the very end of the window, so there may be some movement if the right player becomes available for us. 

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

LW? Or CAM? We seem to be short on options or quality in terms of out and out left wingers…

Plenty of right wingers though.

Right footed  and seems to play LW now for Sampdoria, but has played AM, RW and SS in his career to date along with being a bit deeper as well (according to t'internet)

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Agreed, I really don’t know why Fred has been so out of favour. A useful member of the squad imo.

Might get shouted down for this but with the way Cash has performed at times I'm surprised Guilbert isn't seen as genuine competition for him. Obviously just isn't fancied by Smith at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

Might get shouted down for this but with the way Cash has performed at times I'm surprised Guilbert isn't seen as genuine competition for him. Obviously just isn't fancied by Smith at all.

No, I and many others completely agree with you. I think Fred is an asset to the squad (pacy, hard working RB. Never let us down. Did great at Strasbourg) but Dean has never really been a fan of his… is it because he is deemed not good enough or has something gone on behind the scenes?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Would be amazed if there isn't a taker for Hourihane before the deadline. And therefore would still be surprised if we don't bring another in as we'll only let him go if we have someone coming in.

I think the challenge is finding one he'll accept. I think he'll think there is a chance for him to earn his place this season. Given our injury list and potential to lose Luiz (international isolation of selected later in year) and Nakamba (AFCON) I wouldn't begrudge him thinking he's realistically not far from being in contention.

He loves it here and he's desperate to prove he's good enough. 

I think there's a chance he stays

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Right footed  and seems to play LW now for Sampdoria, but has played AM, RW and SS in his career to date along with being a bit deeper as well (according to t'internet)

Might be worth a go then… if we’re interested we have the money… if he’s such a huge talent then it would be disappointing to miss out on him to another PL club…

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

There is definitely something that has gone on I feel, behind the scenes. He's a decent RB and can cover LB, an ideal player for the squad. I guess the management and coaches see him every day though and have seen something they aren't keen on, perhaps?

• Like 1