Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think the 2nd paragraph is fair. But you didn't say that, you post like everything is doom and gloom at times. 

I think you're an overly positive person and I probably err on the side of negativity! 

I'm sure we'll have a few more run-in's this season 😉

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate, I obviously agree with the overall sentiments of your arguments, and stated as much on match day.

However, you definitely are OVER defensive to the point where it can appear that you purposely want to skew the argument.

Most of us, ranging from us on here, to other forums, to Villa pundits and podcasters, agree that our midfield is, and has been a concern.

It's not a slight on our progress overall, it's just pointing out our most blaring weakness.

For example, our Fullbacks were terrible as well, as bad as I've probably ever seen them, but will cause less concern, because they were mostly outstanding last season and have credit in the bank.

The midfield has been an area, which can hamper our further progress, if not addressed. thankfully, I assume/think Deano, management and board also know this.

This, this and more this. 

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

so all quiet on this doucoure chap? is he really not even worth 15m?

His Venn diagram placement suggests he’s very much worth £15m. Surely a more rounded player than Nakamba. Let’s hope we see some movement this week 🤞🏻

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate, I obviously agree with the overall sentiments of your arguments, and stated as much on match day.

However, you definitely are OVER defensive to the point where it can appear that you purposely want to skew the argument.

Most of us, ranging from us on here, to other forums, to Villa pundits and podcasters, agree that our midfield is, and has been a concern.

It's not a slight on our progress overall, it's just pointing out our most blaring weakness.

For example, our Fullbacks were terrible as well, as bad as I've probably ever seen them, but will cause less concern, because they were mostly outstanding last season and have credit in the bank.

The midfield has been an area, which can hamper our further progress, if not addressed. thankfully, I assume/think Deano, management and board also know this.

The Watford game was awful, absolutely awful. And I agree 100% about the midfield. 

My point though, is these 'concerns' are coming from the same people who have told us the sky is falling every month for the last few years. And my original point was in response to the ridiculous over the top posts made that are being called realistic.

Our midfield is not good enough. Its the weakest area of the squad and needs to be addressed. 

But I also know that the owners and Dean have done this with other areas, so why all of a sudden, would I have a meltdown when they've proved to me they've strengthened the squad in the past?

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

His Venn diagram placement suggests he’s very much worth £15m. Surely a more rounded player than Nakamba. Let’s hope we see some movement this week 🤞🏻

this is my point. if the figures quoted are really what we can get him for i'm amazed we're not in for him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think people outside looking in are far more optimistic than us. Most of them think we have had a good window in adding to the squad after floppy hair was sold. 

That's nice. Means nothing if the players don't gel and our midfield gets played through by lesser teams every week (or every other week)!

14 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

It does look great although i always worry about these stats when they are from a completely different league which is slower & less physical. Do they really count for anything? I always think watching other leagues is  a bit like watching a formula 3 race with a few formula 2 cars doing well in it but when they come to the Prem they are suddenly in a formula 1 race & often struggle to adapt. Some find a new gear but as we all know many others get found out. So i personally would prefer a proven Prem player for where we are at the moment. 

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think people outside looking in are far more optimistic than us. Most of them think we have had a good window in adding to the squad after floppy hair was sold. 

I think its the opposite. We're the ones who may be overly-optimistic despite selling Grealish.

E8p_lgpWUAI0eNJ.jpg

Edited by Laughable Chimp

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Skysports transfer talk just said that Pape 

Mata Sarr is being hunted by 3 prem clubs, fee up to 40m€ and that the 3 unknown clubs are probably man city man utd and Chelsea but we don't know. 

:crylaugh:

You literally can't make it up.

Excellent journalism that. Really shows you they have the inside track on transfers. 

31 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

good post JV...Honest and transparent.

just like me, I guess you would much rather be writing about our totally domination, superb link play and the execution of a 3-0 victory to put us on the target of European Qualification....

despite it being against a newly promoted team and we know what they cling to in the main, energy,ugency and momentum from winning in the lower league.....you have to be ready for that, else they just carry it on and with no resistance, and they did.

but as we were 0-3 down up to 60 minutes,playing turgid football defending like schoolboys and looking like we haven't trained at all.....I guess your comments reflected that.....sure scoring a well executed shot and a deserved penalty, will satisfy some, but the odd moments in a game will not deliver the owners targets of European Football.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Excellent journalism that. Really shows you they have the inside track on transfers. 

Just seen who was on it, Jaydee Dyer and Kyle Walker both are idiots and dreadful