Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

I know that Dean said we are finished in the market but there is absolutely no way that there’s any truth in that. We will be working away on at least 2 more and possibly 3 further players. Whether it comes to fruition or not is another matter altogether.
The ambition of the club has been made clear. European football is the aim. That’s been stated by Dean, Purslow and several players. Our squad has no chance of achieving that as things stand but a couple of players in key positions and a bit of luck with form/injuries gives us a chance. I suspect that they still want a GK, a DM and possibly another CM. Whether we can get the players we want, at the right price and shift some players out will dictate where we end up.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, a-k said:

unless they just can't get the type of player they want and will put that in the bank for January or next summer.

I think this is it. Patience is a virtue, providing we stay 8-12th we’ll be in good stead to push on the year after. Wasting it on players that aren’t good enough now isn’t good business, regardless of how immediate the fans want success

• Like 2

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

I know that Dean said we are finished in the market but there is absolutely no way that there’s any truth in that. We will be working away on at least 2 more and possibly 3 further players. Whether it comes to fruition or not is another matter altogether.
The ambition of the club has been made clear. European football is the aim. That’s been stated by Dean, Purslow and several players. Our squad has no chance of achieving that as things stand but a couple of players in key positions and a bit of luck with form/injuries gives us a chance. I suspect that they still want a GK, a DM and possibly another CM. Whether we can get the players we want, at the right price and shift some players out will dictate where we end up.

If the head coach says there's no more incomings after a near £100m spend. I'm inclined to believe him.

38 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I think this is it. Patience is a virtue, providing we stay 8-12th we’ll be in good stead to push on the year after. Wasting it on players that aren’t good enough now isn’t good business, regardless of how immediate the fans want success

This all day. 

There is no impending doom for finishing midtable. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, hippo said:

If the head coach says there's no more incomings after a near £100m spend. I'm inclined to believe him.

When and what did Dean say that leads you to believe we won’t sign anymore players in this window?

1 minute ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Hmm. I didn’t take it that he did. I thought he was just putting on his best poker face.

And why would he do that ? Will clubs be  lowering there asking prices because DS had said we're done in transfer market 

4 hours ago, TRO said:

No, one bad half and the game has ended, without said midfielder.

when the manager says we played like it was a friendly, is not to be mildly dismissed.....if we have a seismic shift in intensity on Saturday, all will be forgiven, even forgotten.

You have a point in that we had a number of games last season also where we were off the pace from kick off.  It could be number of games, age of the team or the way the manager motivates them.  However successful sides find a way to win even during dips in form and there needs to be more of a ruthless streak in the team.  It’s a thin line between having a good environment and people being too comfortable.

For sure we were disjointed and off the pace on Saturday.  I am hoping it was down to a disrupted pre-season, players nursing knocks and that in the end it comes down to “how you finish not how you start”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

When and what did Dean say that leads you to believe we won’t sign anymore players in this window?

Well I'm not trawling through the villa app to link the precise video. But he said something along the lines of "he's not expecting anymore incomings - but expecting a few to go out on loan"

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

This all day. 

There is no impending doom for finishing midtable. 

Exactly mid table prem is no mean feat these days. Given jack's departure and the coaching staff departures I'd be delighted with mid table.

Disclaimer:- I know the board and players have said Europe is the aim. 

3 hours ago, hippo said:

50 OR 60M on a quality DM would fix some of the issues. No further additions we will finish below our 11th place last season  IMO

Player cohesion even if there is such a thing - won't be there anyway at present our best player in around 50 years has left, 2 of the coaching staff have resigned - I really don't see  adding a couple more players a few games into the season will derail things anymore  - quite the opposite IMO.

Surely it isn't realistic to expect a 50/60m DM to come in right?

• Like 2