Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

It is easy to see both sides.

It's been a long and frustrating close season, many invested so much in Grealish in an England shirt only to be repaid with the fact he had decided he was off before the tournament even started. We've also lost two important coaches.

But it's not unreasonable to expect us to get at least a draw against Watford, even under the circumstances we found ourselves in, and if we had played the second half the way we played the first we would have easily come away with three points.

Playing Young left and Anwar right, was a horrendous decision and it backfired, I also don't think i've ever seen Nakamba played in a two man midfield, so that was another baffling decision.

But the other side is we have Luiz, Sanson coming back, Bailey and Traore will start next week and hopefully if Watkins comes back also we will be like a different team (presuming he's not 'almost ready to come back' for the next three months).

Target and Cash will hopefully get their sh*t together also.

Even with the above it's going to take time to get this team all playing together well and moving into a post Grealish era properly, but when we do we will be better than we were last season.

Enlighten me - when is Sanson "coming back" ?

He hasn't paid regular football since the back end of last year. Not played any pre season games - nor was he at the open training session.

3 minutes ago, Muzzvill 1965 said:

It sure is lad that was the joke and of course Sid is on the ball he used the same name in the columbo episode he appeared in 

I'm pretty sure there was no Findlay Crawford, they were two separate Christian names used for when he was mocking yuppie types in the 80s maybe.

Just now, hippo said:

He hasn't paid regular football since the back end of last year. Not played any pre season games - nor was he at the open training session.

The Sanson thing is all a bit ‘Engelsy’. Wasn’t it just a knock at first? He’s been out for 6 months. Is there more to it? 

And yes, I did just coin ‘Engelsy’. You’re welcome. 

Just now, hippo said:

Another Guilbert perhaps, maybe Dean isn't keen on our French contingent.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

The Sanson thing is all a bit ‘Engelsy’. Wasn’t it just a knock at first? He’s been out for 6 months. Is there more to it? 

I'm sure he hobbled against Fulham in April - and swiftly put an Ice pack on his ankle.

It's since been reported he has complications after a twisted knee.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Engelsy, been there before. It’s in North Wales, isn’t it?

Would be nice to hear what’s actually wrong with Sanson though. Like is he ever going to play for us again? And is he any good?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Isn’t that just off the Welsh coast? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

How the funk should i know I haven't got any inside knowledge. Maybe try a church if you want enlightenment not a fan forum.

All I know is he returned to the club and seemed to be tweeted about a fair bit by the club's social media and was quoted saying he was looking forward to the new season, I 'thought' that meant he was back in some form of training not 'still crocked'. 

Even if he was he'd still be fair way off being 100% fit and match ready after the mysterious injury he has had.

Let's hope he will be back soon rather than going doom and gloom and writing his whole career off like some have already.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, osmark86 said:

Declan Rice breaking up the play which leads to a goal for WHU. really starting to think we need a bit more bite in our midfield.

Thats what good DM's do, they start attacks....not just defend.......but as an entity, we a bit obsessed with attacking, you can't attack, without the ball, you have to go an get it.

yeah....and if you watched Japhet Tanagana today for Spurs....thats what a full back should do too.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

How the funk should i know I haven't got any inside knowledge. Maybe try a church if you want enlightenment not a fan forum.

All I know is he returned to the club and seemed to be tweeted about a fair bit by the club's social media and was quoted saying he was looking forward to the new season, I 'thought' that meant he was back in some form of training not 'still crocked'. 

Even if he was he'd still be fair way off being 100% fit and match ready after the mysterious injury he has had.

Let's hope he will be back soon rather than going doom and gloom and writing his whole career off like some have already.

Well you did say he was coming back. The evidence suggests he is a way off. Hence I just wondered if you knew something that I didn't.

I wouldn't expect him in the team anytime soon. I'm not convinced he is suited to the PL anyway. I see him on the periphery rather than the mainstay of midfield.

I think we need to have other reasons to be hopeful than a guy with 3 starts in 8 months. Be that some of the youth players or a late splurge back into the transfer market 

Avoiding coming in here due to negativity, but it’s true we do seem to get over run in the middle of midfield. I noticed that Will Hughes wasn’t in there squad yesterday, he rejected a new contract and only has a year left he looked good for them the last couple of years. 

8 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Avoiding coming in here due to negativity, but it’s true we do seem to get over run in the middle of midfield. I noticed that Will Hughes wasn’t in there squad yesterday, he rejected a new contract and only has a year left he looked good for them the last couple of years. 

Would go down like a lead balloon. !!!

However might not cost much and has prem experience. We could do a lot worse for a nominal outlay imo.

14 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Might be worth joining the debate.....be warned, not too positive,mind....unless we come up with a stonking good signing to play there.

21 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Honestly, I’d take him for 5m. Him, Doucoure, JWP. Loan Ramsey and Chuk out. Sell Nakamba. Sell El Ghazi. It would improve us. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1

Our midfield is just full of inconsistent players. I’d probably use McGinn as more of an ACM who can press from further up the pitch whenever he plays. Nakamba is good at breaking up play at times, but I’m not always confident in him finding a Villa player when he has the ball.

I look back at how our team fell apart when we lost Milner, which makes me realise just how crucial a quality CM is in any team.

Let’s hope we have a few irons in the fire in terms of transfers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave_jW said:

Another Guilbert perhaps, maybe Dean isn't keen on our French contingent.

Wouldn't have given him the #8 shirt if he didn't intend to play him moving forward.

Is very strange that he's been so crocked. I don't think there's more to it than - he's just had a bad spell of a recurring injury

2 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

It is easy to see both sides.

It's been a long and frustrating close season, many invested so much in Grealish in an England shirt only to be repaid with the fact he had decided he was off before the tournament even started. We've also lost two important coaches.

But it's not unreasonable to expect us to get at least a draw against Watford, even under the circumstances we found ourselves in, and if we had played the second half the way we played the first we would have easily come away with three points.

Playing Young left and Anwar right, was a horrendous decision and it backfired, I also don't think i've ever seen Nakamba played in a two man midfield, so that was another baffling decision.

But the other side is we have Luiz, Sanson coming back, Bailey and Traore will start next week and hopefully if Watkins comes back also we will be like a different team (presuming he's not 'almost ready to come back' for the next three months).

Target and Cash will hopefully get their sh*t together also.

Even with the above it's going to take time to get this team all playing together well and moving into a post Grealish era properly, but when we do we will be better than we were last season.

it was playing marv and aeg that got me and not playing buienda in right place and not fit