Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

25 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Isnt he on like 300k, it's not our money but that amount completely ***** up our wage structure. 

Nah, more like £120k a week I think. Still probably more than anyone at VP now. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, markc said:

300k that surely can't be right. What as he done to justify anywhere near that. Suppose that's the game now and a big part with whats wrong with it.

I'm not 100% on that figure but when he burst through he was pretty much the hottest thing out there and he had a year left and they pay stupid money, there were quotes of offers for him of like 80m and that commands big wages so Chelsea tied him up and had to pay big.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Nah, more like £120k a week I think. Still probably more than anyone at VP now. 

Yes just googled it after my last post, I just remembered it being ridiculous for his age so naturally converted ridiculous into ridiculous. 

As you say though, still messes up our structure and as another said, he's a sicknote.

• Like 2

Pape Sarr, Cheikh Doucoure, Ward-Prowse (and whilst not linked, the common wishlist players of Boubacar Kamara & Tchouameni) all played significant minutes this weekend, 80+ for all of them. So none of them are seemingly close in the background.

Hopefully we'll see some movement this week but would imagine we'll be looking at the same midfield Vs Newcastle as Vs Watford. 

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Laughable how we slate our best player from yesterday, who ran his socks off and scored a worldie, then suggest buying will effing hughes.

Make it make sense

I never slated or mentioned Mcginn. I just suggested Will Hughes could be good value because the commentator yesterday said he was training with the U23’s as he rejected a contract and less than a year left. Thought he was a good player the year they went down. Maybe good value squad player. I thought this was a summer transfer window page and where we held such discussions. 

Just now, Hobbit Feet said:

I never slated or mentioned Mcginn. I just suggested Will Hughes could be good value because the commentator yesterday said he was training with the U23’s as he rejected a contract and less than a year left. Thought he was a good player the year they went down. Maybe good value squad player. I thought this was a summer transfer window page and where we held such discussions. 

Thing is we already have a lot of squad player CM’s. We need to bring in better players than what we already have.

Hughes is good, but I don’t think he’s any better than the likes of McGinn, Luiz, and Nakamba.

After the game yesterday I was convinced we needed a whole new midfield. Now i've slept, maybe not a whole new midfield, but it definitely needs a boost and upgrade in parts. 

As other have said, I don't think the manager and board expected Man City to pay the £100m to activate the clause on Jack. Also, judging by the fact we signed Buendia to play with Jack and were going big on ESR, I think the line up the club envisaged at the start of the season, if everything went to plan was Jack, ESR and Buendia playing behind Watkins, with McGinn and JWP in midfield. What a team that would have been! 

Anyway, that wasn't to be, but i'd still like us to get JWP in. He's a quality player and will add a calm head to the midfield. Also i'd like to see an upgrade on Nakamba. I'll bow to the greater knowledge on here but this Doucore fella seems ok? I still think we need an upgrade on the left hand side of attack as well... a Jack replacement. We were linked to Correa, who looked perfect, but it seems he is off to Inter. Cantwell could be an option but Damsgaard is apparently available for £30m. He'd be perfect in that role and could be a '10' as well, if needed. I'm being greedy though as I can't see us buying any more attacking players. Also looking forward to seeing what Sanson can do, when he finally gets fit. If its only one player we sign, then I hope its JWP. 

There are plenty of players in the squad who aren't of the required standard to push for Europe, and need to be moved on in the next 12 months - Nakamba, El Ghazi, Trez and Wesley being some of them. In fact, a lot of the players purchased when we got promoted. Purslow did say, there would be various teams in the evolution of the club - one to get promoted, one to survive and one to push on. We are in phase 3 now and need to move the phase 2 players that haven't developed, on. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I don't think we have a LB issue. Targett is fine and Ash is for cover. We can't use yesterday as sample size is tiny compared to Targs POTS last year plus Mr Youngs experience. 

As for the DM roll, I'd like us to buy from within the prem, someone very good that can hit the ground running from Day1. Costs more obviously but makes sense to me.

I do like Koops though.

Yep targett had a shitter as did cash and ideally both would have been subbed at half time but they were both excellent last season. No issues with either long term, yesterday maybe the team selection exposed both badly. Emi should have been right which would have given cash the support, and Bailey on the left to offer support to targett. I think they would have both not looked quite so bad.

JWP should still be alive but overstocking the middle is an issue I guess ?

Edited by brummybloke

23 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Pape Sarr, Cheikh Doucoure, Ward-Prowse (and whilst not linked, the common wishlist players of Boubacar Kamara & Tchouameni) all played significant minutes this weekend, 80+ for all of them. So none of them are seemingly close in the background.

Hopefully we'll see some movement this week but would imagine we'll be looking at the same midfield Vs Newcastle as Vs Watford. 

Doucoure scored a belter too.

2 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Yep targett had a shitter as did cash and ideally both would have been subbed at half time but they were both excellent late season. No issues with either long term, yesterday maybe the team selection exposed both badly. Emi should have been right which would have given cash the support, and Bailey on the left to offer support to targett. I think they would have both not looked quite so bad.

JWP should still be alive but overstocking the middle is an issue I guess ?

Defence is sorted for now, just one of them days where the manager doesn't get it right and on top of that his Mr reliables are off it too. At least he knew who what where when and fixed it, however time ran out. 

JwP or whoever should be fine, we can start shipping ppl out then for sale or loan.

• Like 1

Yes please to CHO Surley a no brainer . And before anyone lazily compares him to Drinkwater or Barkley, he is a player at the start of his career and with a option to buy makes sense.  Him and Bailey with buendia centrally 😍 

On 14/08/2021 at 18:40, WallisFrizz said:

I know a load of people won’t agree with me but that performance  made me forgive JG a bit more for leaving. Whether we like it or not, he deserves better.

Well that's aged well. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I don't think we have a LB issue. Targett is fine and Ash is for cover. We can't use yesterday as sample size is tiny compared to Targs POTS last year plus Mr Youngs experience. 

As for the DM roll, I'd like us to buy from within the prem, someone very good that can hit the ground running from Day1. Costs more obviously but makes sense to me.

I do like Koops though.

I meant longer term (hence over a couple of windows) as Ash isn't a long term solution and Targett needs competition