Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

14 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Wouldn't have given him the #8 shirt if he didn't intend to play him moving forward.

Is very strange that he's been so crocked. I don't think there's more to it than - he's just had a bad spell of a recurring injury

Exactly. Deciding he’s not good enough at this point is more the projection of a negative mindset than opinion based on actual evidence. He’s hadn’t played often enough to remotely make a judgement either way. 

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Well you did say he was coming back. The evidence suggests he is a way off. Hence I just wondered if you knew something that I didn't.

I wouldn't expect him in the team anytime soon. I'm not convinced he is suited to the PL anyway. I see him on the periphery rather than the mainstay of midfield.

I think we need to have other reasons to be hopeful than a guy with 3 starts in 8 months. Be that some of the youth players or a late splurge back into the transfer market 

coming back meaning at some point he will come back unless you know something I don't?

my opinion like many is he was bought to be a mainstay in our midfield and his injury record before we signed him wasn't bad or we wouldn't have signed him. He might not be the answer we need but i'm not going to dismiss him as a peripheral player until he's been given a decent run in the side to prove his worth.

Grealish has had a hell of a lot of injuries, especially due to his phantom shins, yet I don't hear anyone writing him off.

37 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Wouldn't have given him the #8 shirt if he didn't intend to play him moving forward.

Is very strange that he's been so crocked. I don't think there's more to it than - he's just had a bad spell of a recurring injury

and This

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

A game between 22 people on the pitch . A game of differing opinions off it. 

If you find people who have a differing opinion and take on what happened irritating then its gonna be a tough season on here i tell ya

Read what I wrote! 😉

15 hours ago, villalad21 said:

The problem we have is we don't really have midfielders who have defending instincts. Ramsey and Mcginn both loves to run forward. That's their strengths. 

Sanson I've not seen enough of to evaluate. 

The three you mention are all the options to play as the more attacking player in that three.

Also regardless, there is at least more numbers in that area of the pitch so we aren't so easy to play through.

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Isnt he on like 300k, it's not our money but that amount completely ***** up our wage structure. 

Yeah I don't understand a 'who cares' attitude... the club has no option but to care, we're not QPR under Mark Hughes or Portsmouth under Harry, or in fact Martin O'Neill and Randy. A 'who cares' attitude ends in ruination, for several years. Check your recent footballing history Paul, then have another think about 'who cares'. You should.

• Like 3

Koopmeiners didn't play for AZ Alkmaar yesterday. They're due to play Celtic on Wednesday and speculation building again after being left out yesterday that he's about to secure a move.

He was close to joining Atalanta earlier on in the summer but it fell through or neevr came to fruition. Think the hype died down around him as many casually assumed he'd completed his move. Would still be a good signing I think. Although not really the out and out DM we probably need.

We aren't linked so probably not coming here but interesting to see where he ends up

4 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Yeah I don't understand a 'who cares' attitude... the club has no option but to care, we're not QPR under Mark Hughes or Portsmouth under Harry, or in fact Martin O'Neill and Randy. A 'who cares' attitude ends in ruination, for several years. Check your recent footballing history Paul, then have another think about 'who cares'. You should.

Yep, after citeh the they pulled the drawbridge up so another citeh cannot happen. NWSE have the clout(ooof) to fast track us to that level but the game won't let us. The rules need rewriting.

5 hours ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Statistically i should be a multi billionaire with 7 wives...but hey life sucks

You'd need to be a multi billionaire if you have 7 wives! 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Isnt he on like 300k, it's not our money but that amount completely ***** up our wage structure. 

300k that surely can't be right. What as he done to justify anywhere near that. Suppose that's the game now and a big part with whats wrong with it.