Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

Making good deals, saving £ 5-10 million here and there, obviously matters to any business. And I think right now, when we looked fairly solidified in the league again, got a good first team and are looking to add depth, I think it's the perfect time to play hardball on deals. Marseille and every other club in Europe are used to milking every PL club on every deal they make. 

It is ofc. a balancing act where you have to avoid cutting off your nose to spite your face. A few million extra can be worth it I guess if you end up bedding in a player earlier. But I'd be more inclined to do that if we were completely lacking bodies in the position, i.e. striker, left back. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

15 hours ago, TRO said:

is that what he gets his back handers in?

AVB strikes me as a man who will only take his backhanders in stamped-wax-sealed envelopes. He's got notions above his station.

15 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Not according to the Marseille fan on a podcast I listened to the other day. He's more hard working, box to box centre mid with a bit of flair up his sleeve for special occasions. So a McGinn type. 

I heard that he is available for weddings, christenings and bar mitzvahs. Book well in advance though - he is in demand.

15 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Compared to many footballers that is still a very good I jury record, 6 weeks is nothing, I'd take that any day to a Wesley type injury.

Of course but I was just saying it may excuse his lack of form this season.

Thinking the Hourihane transfer might not necessarily be related to this now after reading Smith's comments about Ramsey being ready to step up. Hopefully we can still get Sanson in as I really think we could do be an extra option in the middle.

Don’t know if this has been brought up in the thread already so apologies if it has, but remember when we signed Barkley, there was some talk of a no 8 coming in from the continent, wonder if this is who we tried to get in the summer? Don’t remember his name being mentioned but could be wrong. 

Â