Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

Sets a very bad precedent.

It does, and you can't do it every time......there are times when the consequences of not completing a deal are high and we may have to pay up.....but that is not every time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You are right in a sense Nick, very early doors (about June) that it was all RB Leipzig and the want for CL football etc.

By August that had changed significantly when it was established RB Leipzig didn't want him anyway and nothing came of it.

We made a move for the player and what was initially scepticism from 'little Rocket man' about relegation soon became a distant memory and was all for joining us.

The lad himself couldn't have gave us anymore clues that he was all for joining us if he tried.

His stock has dropped significantly this season, maybe we pick up a bargain in the Summer and rehabilitate his form?

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

I read this somewhere recently (might even have been on here) - If you argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to your level and then beat you thorugh experience.

I like the comparison of an argument with an idiot is like playing chess against a pigeon. No matter what you do, it will knock over the pieces and shit all over the board, strutting around and crowing like it has won.

Twain's first draft, I think.

Fools can rush in where angels fear to tread.....I think its hard buying abroad, to know if they will fit in.

I know its disappointing to miss out on a player, but you can also dodge a bullet too.

They know where we are if they want to sell.

4 minutes ago, thunderball said:

We could lose Barkley and Luiz in the Summer, would be good to ensure we have a settled midfielder capable of starting. I am confident it will get done, just like I was with Rashica.

Luiz, will not go in the summer, you heard it here first.....not to Man City anyway.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Luiz, will not go in the summer, you heard it here first.....not to Man City anyway.

I hope not. If he's sensible, advised well and looked after [contract wise], he has no reason to leave: Smith, the club and the fans all love him, he is getting game time, is improving and our club trajectory is about as good as it gets at the moment.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It's not worth the agro @nick76.

As a wise man recently told me...

If you argue with an idiot you risk looking like one yourself!

Plus you get them faster if you just front the asking price up.

16 minutes ago, thunderball said:

His stock has dropped significantly this season, maybe we pick up a bargain in the Summer and rehabilitate his form?

In fairness to him, he's had two separate injuries (not related) which have kept him out for 6 weeks each. So nearly 3 months of the season missed. One which kept him out until mid October and the second which caused him to miss all of December and the first two weeks of 2021. He came on the other night and hit the woodwork so he's still got a bit about him.

Ideally Werder enable to recover from the injury and regain his form throughout the rest of the season but not too much and then we take him in the summer at a reduced price because he hasn't shown the form of last season. He's then primed and ready to go for next season. Bingo bango, job's a gud 'un. Now where's Lange's number and I let him know the masterplan?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

I'm with you, I dont think Luiz is going anywhere at all, hes a Villa player now and unless it pops up it's not even worth worrying about until something concrete happens.

• Like 1

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I heard that AVB said our offer for Sanson is weaker than a piss soaked paper bag.

It must be true I read it on Villareport. 

is that what he gets his back handers in?

• Haha 1

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

In fairness to him, he's had two separate injuries (not related) which have kept him out for 6 weeks each. So nearly 3 months of the season missed. One which kept him out until mid October and the second which caused him to miss all of December and the first two weeks of 2021. He came on the other night and hit the woodwork so he's still got a bit about him.

Ideally Werder enable to recover from the injury and regain his form throughout the rest of the season but not too much and then we take him in the summer at a reduced price because he hasn't shown the form of last season. He's then primed and ready to go for next season. Bingo bango, job's a gud 'un. Now where's Lange's number and I let him know the masterplan?

Compared to many footballers that is still a very good I jury record, 6 weeks is nothing, I'd take that any day to a Wesley type injury.

On 18/01/2021 at 22:49, thunderball said:

looks more like a nod to Barkley not returning in the summer

That was my first thought, I think he's more a forward thinking midfielder than a deep midfielder isn't he? 

Â