Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

Hopefully he gets his permanent move this summer. Decent player, unfortunately couldn’t stay fit for the first couple of years and now the level of our midfield is simply beyond his capabilities imo.

2 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

Hopefully he gets his permanent move this summer. Decent player, unfortunately couldn’t stay fit for the first couple of years and now the level of our midfield is simply beyond his capabilities imo.

Maybe a loan with obligation to buy to help bank some FFP profit in the future

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Give me one margarita and I’d open his legs… give me two margaritas and I’d give give him some he*d…

gew-lol.gif

Hear me out... I wouldn't be against keeping hold of Sanson and giving him some minutes. His loan spell has given him consistent game time and he can now get a pre season under his belt with Emery. He was very good yesterday, and we struggled to control the midfield until he came on at the start of the first half. He uses the space well, and provides options for the triangles in the middle of the pitch. 

Our current midfield options going into the season are Kamara, Luiz, McGinn and Tielemans. This leaves us with Dendoncker and Sanson as backup options, and rotation options for cup competitions. Ramsey is likely out for the first 2 months, and Tim is going to need slowly integrating if he stays with us.

Obviously there is likely a chance we sign another midfielder, in which case it makes sense to offload Sanson.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Hear me out... I wouldn't be against keeping hold of Sanson and giving him some minutes. His loan spell has given him consistent game time and he can now get a pre season under his belt with Emery. He was very good yesterday, and we struggled to control the midfield until he came on at the start of the first half. He uses the space well, and provides options for the triangles in the middle of the pitch. 

Our current midfield options going into the season are Kamara, Luiz, McGinn and Tielemans. This leaves us with Dendoncker and Sanson as backup options, and rotation options for cup competitions. Ramsey is likely out for the first 2 months, and Tim is going to need slowly integrating if he stays with us.

Obviously there is likely a chance we sign another midfielder, in which case it makes sense to offload Sanson.

There is no situation where we need 8 or 9 CM options which is what we gave at this club in reality.

I wanted him to be given a chance but he wasn't. His time is done here. He's 28. He's never going to start. He's never going to push the squad. He needs to play and he's on about 60k a week. He needs to go.

• Like 2

If we sign no other midfielder then I think it makes perfect sense to hold onto him until at least January, whilst he is a CM by trade he also has the attributes to play as a wide midfielder either side (like McGinn and Ramsey did a lot after UE came in) and has played in the area between midfield and attack. We're going to have a lot of games this season (potentially) and he's already shown he can do well. Even Emery has said he gets how we're trying to play and how to work in the system, it's just that he needed a consistent run of games.

I wouldn't be so quick to get rid. 1st choice? Not likely. Rotational/Backup? They don't get much sexier.

• Like 1

On 16/07/2023 at 11:02, Follyfoot said:

Give me one margarita and I’d open his legs… give me two margaritas and I’d give give him some he*d…

You take Follyfoot out for a bit of pizza and you get a hell of a lot more than you bargained for. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

You take Follyfoot out for a bit of pizza and you get a hell of a lot more than you bargained for. 

🤣

HELL YEAH !!

Edited by Follyfoot

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I remember starting this thread way back when,

How on earth it's still on the front page of V'talk, I'll never know. 

What an absolute shambles of a signing. 

That was almost a Haiku.

• Haha 1

Â