Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Heard he’s back in training. I still have high hopes for this guy. He really looked the business in that first half against Chelsea.

whisper....

44 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Love to know the odds of an ambulance having to be called if kienan tried to tackle sanson!

Bet the medical team would be half out of the seat as soon as their eyes met!

i'd say its 50/50 👀

Edited by ejs1111

8 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Feel very sorry for him. He had a bad injury in 2015 at Montpellier, but he was ever present at Marseille from 2016 until he joined Villa. So he's been unlucky with how things have gone so far here.

If you watch his Marseille videos, he's clearly one of those players like John McGinn who can do a bit of everything, and thrives on being first to the ball... very busy, strong, nimble, doesn't give up. We saw a bit of that vs Chelsea in the League Cup, so hopefully he'll get back to full fitness soon.

The good thing is we have plenty of strength in depth in midfield, so no need to rush him back, but I would like to see him have a good run of games, just to see what he's capable of.

My instinct says he could end up being a bit of a Villa legend.

Wasn't quite an ever present - he had just returned from injury when we brought him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hippo said:

Wasn't quite an ever present - he had just returned from injury when we brought him.

Yeah I mean loosely though, we're talking 11 games missed over 4 seasons (joined halfway through 16/17 and left halfway through 20/21), managed 122 league apps for Marseille, and no serious injuries.

It's about as good as you can expect from most outfield players. Do we have anyone in our current squad with a better injury record than that? Probably just Watkins?

3 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Yeah I mean loosely though, we're talking 11 games missed over 4 seasons (joined halfway through 16/17 and left halfway through 20/21), managed 122 league apps for Marseille, and no serious injuries.

It's about as good as you can expect from most outfield players. Do we have anyone in our current squad with a better injury record than that? Probably just Watkins?

Agreed. But he can't be called ever present if he missed 11 games. That's the point I was responding to.

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

That was exactly the sort of comments I was expecting from a Sanson thread.

Might explain how Smith was able to turn the dreadful performances Bruce's Villa were producing so quickly.

Â