Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

Only a month at least and that's with International break in between.

That's the problem with being out for ages though. You come back, feel great but your hammys are not quite ready for explosive movements in a competitive game. Its nothing like training. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Are you able to demonstrate in any meaningful way that our players are injured more often than any other clubs players?

Or is it possibly that for the last few seasons, biscuit shins aside, we've actually been quite lucky with injuries so this feels worse?

Sergio Ramos has played over 800 career games and then joined PSG and hasnt played yet. Obviously PSG have a shitty medical department as well 

11 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Are you able to demonstrate in any meaningful way that our players are injured more often than any other clubs players?

Or is it possibly that for the last few seasons, biscuit shins aside, we've actually been quite lucky with injuries so this feels worse?

I already have.

Sanson arrives in January, has a very good track record of staying fit at Marseille missing very few games over 5 seasons there, but since coming to us has spent more time on the treatment table than being available for games and is now out for another month. Bailey likewise, we did not sign an injury prone player but since he's joined he's played a total of 96 minutes out of a possible 450 and is now out for at least another month.

I don't think we've been lucky with injuries at all. Every season since being promoted we've had long term injuries that have hampered us. Injuries are of course part of the game but I really think we suffer more than most other teams. The only sides I can think of who've had similar injury problems are Arsenal at the start of this season (though they are OK now) and Liverpool last season - and maybe Newcastle but that was more a COVID issue which happened to us as well. 

10 hours ago, Keyblade said:

How can you call Wesley injury prone unless you consider him particularly prone to assault by a certain Ben Mee.

Everybody is prone to assault by Ben Mee so by definition every one is injury prone

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Personally I think he came here carrying an injury.

We signed him in Jan - he had been out injured for a few weeks in December prior to this. When he first arrived he wasn't selected for the first few games.

Then when picked he picks up what looked like an ankle injury in his first few games. Then out of no where (presumably training) he gets quite a serious knee injury. Which takes longer than expected.

No he has a hamstring injury.

Effectively he has been injured and unable to play for close on 10 months.

1 hour ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I already have.

Sanson arrives in January, has a very good track record of staying fit at Marseille missing very few games over 5 seasons there, but since coming to us has spent more time on the treatment table than being available for games and is now out for another month.

Bailey likewise, we did not sign an injury prone player but since he's joined he's played a total of 96 minutes out of a possible 450 and is now out for at least another month.

I don't think we've been lucky with injuries at all. Every season since being promoted we've had long term injuries that have hampered us. Injuries are of course part of the game but I really think we suffer more than most other teams.

The only sides I can think of who've had similar injury problems are Arsenal at the start of this season (though they are OK now) and Liverpool last season - and maybe Newcastle but that was more a COVID issue which happened to us as well. 

Mate Everton missed their 2 best players and captain against us. Leeds have the following missing tomorrow -  Ayling, lorrente, koch, struijk, raphinia, Harrison and bamford.  

Last season they were only able to play their best back 4 near the end of the season.  

Leicester and Southampton were crippled by injures last season. For the latter it was ridiculous and why they dropped down the table so fast.

We had bad injuries against Brentford. Apart from that it ain’t really been that bad. Just a lot worse than last season. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I already have.

Sanson arrives in January, has a very good track record of staying fit at Marseille missing very few games over 5 seasons there, but since coming to us has spent more time on the treatment table than being available for games and is now out for another month.

Bailey likewise, we did not sign an injury prone player but since he's joined he's played a total of 96 minutes out of a possible 450 and is now out for at least another month.

I don't think we've been lucky with injuries at all. Every season since being promoted we've had long term injuries that have hampered us. Injuries are of course part of the game but I really think we suffer more than most other teams.

The only sides I can think of who've had similar injury problems are Arsenal at the start of this season (though they are OK now) and Liverpool last season - and maybe Newcastle but that was more a COVID issue which happened to us as well. 

It's alright he's got company in Davis.

1 hour ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I already have.

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

we are not even the worst team currently, we’ve always been very lucky with injuries and are not even close to being the worst off over the last few seasons. 

stop talking shit. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

we are not even the worst team currently, we’ve always been very lucky with injuries and are not even close to being the worst off over the last few seasons. 

stop talking shit. 

So 7 potentially unavailable for next game, only Everton worse. We were lucky first half of last season with injuries that's been about it since we were promoted.

4 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

So 7 potentially unavailable for next game, only Everton worse.

We were lucky first half of last season with injuries that's been about it since we were promoted.

You're the one talking sh*t.

If you read the list, you'll see we actually have 5 out. 

2 of the 7 you mention are Axel (can't play as parent club) and McGinn who the club have confirmed is OK to be selected. 

Come on mate, give it up. 

We were all moaning at the start of last season that we had no variety in our line ups and they were too samey every week. That was because we had so few injuries (and a dogshit squad :D)

Edited by Steero113

Â