Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

He was really good. I don’t think even Smith knows whats our best formation or first 11. But it’s really good to have options, all doing really good. Last 3 games Smith showed us what he can do. We’ve had some doubts with Grealish gone. But we’re solid, having shape. Pressing and getting better. Different players but still great performances. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Played really well whilst he was on last night. Hopefully nothing serious and back soon. 

FCB44-B86-97-FB-490-E-B7-AB-A0-FF25-AF96

I'm sure we've heard the "soon" and "shouldn't be long" lines pedalled around before.

Hopefully not too serious but didn't look great. Real shame as we got to see the pressing that he's capable of and some real guile alongside it. 

• Like 2

At the end of the day, the players (or, at least, most players) don't get to decide when they're fit enough to play, predict when they'll be back, etc.

It means very little when a player like Sanson says "back soon", because they're not the ones who sign off on a return to action.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

At the end of the day, the players (or, at least, most players) don't get to decide when they're fit enough to play, predict when they'll be back, etc.

It means very little when a player like Sanson says "back soon", because they're not the ones who sign off on a return to action.

Just like Wesley's 'big man back soon' and then took another 2-3months before he returned. 

He was excellent last night but it will count for nothing if he can't get fit and stop getting injured. If he wasn't injured, he'd likely start against United too in place of McGinn (concussion) so he's really missed an opportunity here. 

I don't even know what injuries he has. It's like Davies. Every-time he gets fit and plays, he picks up a different injury? 

The question was whether he was good enough to improve our midfield and based on his performance last night I'd say yes. Thought he was great in a two with Marv and reckon he'd be equally good in a more attacking role. We have enough cover for now, once he's fit he'll be a really good option. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, est1874 said:

Actually the finally decision on whether to play does rest with the player.

Sure the medical team sign them off as fit. But the player then says whether or not he is ready for selection.

29 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Seems to be made of glass like a lot of our players. Shame because when he has played he has looked very good. 

Another one who was barely injured at his previous club but as soon as he comes here he turns into Darren Anderton.

He was returning from injury just before we brought him.

19 minutes ago, hippo said:

Actually the finally decision on whether to play does rest with the player.

Sure the medical team sign them off as fit. But the player then says whether or not he is ready for selection.

I didn't say final decision, I said sign off. A player can't make that "final decision" before being signed off by the medical staff, so your point is moot

13 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I didn't say final decision, I said sign off. A player can't make that "final decision" before being signed off by the medical staff, so your point is moot

Semantics.

If the player doesn't feel recovered enough to play -  he won't.

What a patient tells you he  is feeling - is possibly a better measure of recovery than scans , strength assessments etc.

1 hour ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Seems to be made of glass like a lot of our players. Shame because when he has played he has looked very good. 

Another one who was barely injured at his previous club but as soon as he comes here he turns into Darren Anderton.

Who are the others?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Semantics.

If the player doesn't feel recovered enough to play -  he won't.

What a patient tells you he  is feeling - is possibly a better measure of recovery than scans , strength assessments etc.

That's really not true though.

Smith is on record last season saying that Grealish was threatening to play a lot sooner than he could/should have, as he wanted to get back ASAP. But he didn't, because that would have been a daft decision for the medical team to take.

In this day and age of analytics driving every sporting decision at the top level of the game, players' "feelings" do not trump the medical experts on when they're ready to return.

Edited by est1874

Â