Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

49 minutes ago, est1874 said:

That's really not true though.

Smith is on record last season saying that Grealish was threatening to play a lot sooner than he could/should have, as he wanted to get back ASAP. But he didn't, because that would have been a daft decision for the medical team to take.

In this day and age of analytics driving every sporting decision at the top level of the game, players' "feelings" do not trump the medical experts on when they're ready to return.

Sorry but yes they do.

Ask any medical professional what the patient is telling is the vital information you can have.

I watched a consultant bollock a group of junior doctors who looked at the patients image work whilst not asking the patient about his symptoms.

It might surprise that 80% of medical imagework gets reported as normal un unremarkable.

If a player doesn't feel ready to play -he won't play. Just think about how that conversation would pan out . "The medical staff say your fit Morgan" -"sorry boss my Anke doesnt feel ready.". "sorry Morgan you're playing anyway"

The analytics you refer are fitness levels, performance indicators. That quite different from recovery from rehab.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, hippo said:

Sorry but yes they do.

Ask any medical professional what the patient is telling is the vital information you can have.

I watched a consultant bollock a group of junior doctors who looked at the patients image work whilst not asking the patient about his symptoms.

It might surprise that 80% of medical imagework gets reported as normal un unremarkable.

If a player doesn't feel ready to play -he won't play. Just think about how that conversation would pan out . "The medical staff say your fit Morgan" -"sorry boss my Anke doesnt feel ready.". "sorry Morgan you're playing anyway"

The analytics you refer are fitness levels, performance indicators. That quite different from recovery from rehab.

Bloody hell - of course the player won't play if he says he can't.

You are clearly being obtuse, because we're discussing the opposite scenario, and have been all along - where a player is saying "back soon" or "I'm ready to play", contrary to strong medical advice. At this level, with so much at stake, they would not be permitted to play in this scenario

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Bailey, Barkley (last season), McGinn and Wesley (2 seasons ago). 

I bet Grealish’s annual 3 month layoff doesn’t occur this season either.

He isn't playing with as much intensity or involvement resting on him, as he did with us....maybe that will make a difference to him.

• Like 2

Do we know what the new injury is?.....do we know what the old injury was?

are they related or unconnected?

Injuries do tend to come like corporation buses.....but information surrounding his injuries are very mysterious...don't know why.

Shame sounds like he was just "feeling his feet" in the game.

Edited by TRO

52 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Bloody hell - of course the player won't play if he says he can't.

You are clearly being obtuse, because we're discussing the opposite scenario, and have been all along - where a player is saying "back soon" or "I'm ready to play", contrary to strong medical advice. At this level, with so much at stake, they would not be permitted to play in this scenario

Agreed. Apologies if I misunderstood your opening comment.

"At the end of the day players don't get to decide when they are fit enough to play"

I also pointed out were discussing semantics in my second reply.

47 minutes ago, TRO said:

Injuries do tend to come like corporation buses.....but information surrounding his injuries are very mysterious...don't know why.

I didn't think it looked too bad. He looked gutted to be coming off...but hopefully he was just erring on the side of caution.

1 hour ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Bailey, Barkley (last season), McGinn and Wesley (2 seasons ago). 

I bet Grealish’s annual 3 month layoff doesn’t occur this season either.

I'm not sure they could be described as Darren Anderton's just yet. 

Also all of them were injuries that occurred on the pitch. Hardly like its all happening on the training ground because of issues with ourselves. 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not sure they could be described as Darren Anderton's just yet. 

Also all of them were injuries that occurred on the pitch. Hardly like its all happening on the training ground because of issues with ourselves. 

Valid point, it just irks me that we have so many injuries all the time. We finally look to be getting a clean bill of health, then Bailey gets injured taking a shot and Sanson can only manage 42 minutes after finally starting a game for us for the first time in 5 months. 

It's either just horrendous luck or something isn't quite right with preparation. 

16 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Valid point, it just irks me that we have so many injuries all the time. We finally look to be getting a clean bill of health, then Bailey gets injured taking a shot and Sanson can only manage 42 minutes after finally starting a game for us for the first time in 5 months. 

It's either just horrendous luck or something isn't quite right with preparation. 

It is very very common for players (or anybody) to get injured again when coming back from an injury. No matter how much rehab, training you do nothing can simulate a competitive match environment. This is why these players are taken off the second they get a slight niggle, to stop them doing something worse and keep them on the (bumpy) road to recovery. 

You rebuild that strength and resiliance by getting a run of games. I dont think that will be an issue with Bailey as when he is fit he'll force his way into the team. We need to be especially careful with Sanson as barring an injury he might be fairly sporadic in the action he sees and that is prime territory for a reoccurance. 

Edited by villaglint

3 hours ago, TRO said:

BirminghamMail are claiming it was a hamstring but nothing offical from the club.

21 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

BirminghamMail are claiming it was a hamstring but nothing offical from the club.

.....'kin hell.....we are bloody unlucky alright.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, YLN said:

@hippo You are very naive. No one listens to patients.

They're not even doctors

are you joking?.....I walked in to the surgery, the other day and he said to me what's wrong with you?

I thought , fuch me we are off to a good start,......I thought they supposed to tell us?

• Haha 3

Deano has said Sanson is out for a month.

The Head Coach also confirmed that Morgan Sanson will be ruled out for around a month after picking up a hamstring strain against Chelsea last night.

“He just felt a twinge in his hamstring,” Smith explained. “We don’t believe it’s going to be a bad one, he actually carried on for two or three minutes after which proves to me it’s not a bad one. It’s just he felt the twinge and knew it was time to get off.

“He’s been missing for the last three or four months with a knee injury and he’s worked really hard to get back to full fitness. He was building up his game minutes, so really frustrated for him but it will only be a small step backwards, that’s for sure.”

• Sad 3

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Deano has said Sanson is out for a month.

The Head Coach also confirmed that Morgan Sanson will be ruled out for around a month after picking up a hamstring strain against Chelsea last night.

“He just felt a twinge in his hamstring,” Smith explained. “We don’t believe it’s going to be a bad one, he actually carried on for two or three minutes after which proves to me it’s not a bad one. It’s just he felt the twinge and knew it was time to get off.

“He’s been missing for the last three or four months with a knee injury and he’s worked really hard to get back to full fitness. He was building up his game minutes, so really frustrated for him but it will only be a small step backwards, that’s for sure.”

My word that’s sad. Gotta feel for the guy after spending so much time getting back into shape. 

• Like 1

Â