Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

8 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Whos injured ? Sanson Bailey Davis Trez 

Who am i missing ? 

Hardly an injury riddled squad is it .

Tbf earlier in the season Mings cracked a rib and Traore was missing. Targett was injured over the summer and that is why he has been so gash. Watkins had been injured despite basically being an iron man the rest of his career. 

So 7 between the end of last season and now. Which is fairly poor when you consider that is like 10 games. And none of the injuries occurred for national teams. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Whos injured ? Sanson Bailey Davis Trez 

Who am i missing ? 

Hardly an injury riddled squad is it .

Bailey is arguably our best player with Martinez though. Add to that the fact that we missed a lot of players each game for several reasons.

Edited by abdulaziz1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Bailey is arguably our best player with Martinez though. Add to that the fact that we missed a lot of players each game for several reasons.

Come on, a few cameo appearances doesn't make him our best player. Show me the consistency and impact that Watkins has given and I'll put him in the same bracket. 

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Come on, a few cameo appearances doesn't make him our best player. Show me the consistency and impact that Watkins has given and I'll put him in the same bracket. 

Yeah it's unfair for Watkins to not be in this conversation.

It seems people only really appreciate him when he's not in the side.

Bailey stays fit and gets a run he definitely has the potential to be in there and perhaps even supersede them.

Ollies importance can't be understated.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

We were drooling over Barkley after his first few matches too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Does he have a history of injury problems or is it just a random and unlucky string of events since joining us?

I wonder if he would displace Ramsey even if he was fully fit at this stage.

He's had a couple of bad injuries in the past including a ruptured ACL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll say it again but I thought it was too soon to start him, half an hour from the bench should have been the time.

However he did look really good in the time he was on, looks quality.

Hopefully he's given plenty of time and not rushed back too soon.

Thing is Sanson will mentally be struggling with all this and he possibly rushed himself back too soon when he wasn't quite ready. He wants to impress and possibly feels like he is under pressure, this leads to stress within the body.

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Does he have a history of injury problems or is it just a random and unlucky string of events since joining us?

Im a big fan of Ramsey even before everyone realised he was good but also appreciate he will need rotating given his age to avoid burning  him out, Sanson would have been/ will be ideal to share the minutes with him

On 25/09/2021 at 00:14, MotoMkali said:

Tbf earlier in the season Mings cracked a rib and Traore was missing. Targett was injured over the summer and that is why he has been so gash. Watkins had been injured despite basically being an iron man the rest of his career. 

So 7 between the end of last season and now. Which is fairly poor when you consider that is like 10 games. And none of the injuries occurred for national teams. 

Also Buendia was injured, McGinn had covid, Ramsey had covid, Tuanzebe was injured, Davis has expected is injured, Carney picked up and injury as did Philogene-Bidace. I mean, I haven't seen such a riddled with injury start to any season, not sure how the original poster could see it otherwise.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, peterw said:

Also Buendia was injured, McGinn had covid, Ramsey had covid, Tuanzebe was injured, Davis has expected is injured, Carney picked up and injury as did Philogene-Bidace. I mean, I haven't seen such a riddled with injury start to any season, not sure how the original poster could see it otherwise.

I don't think anybody said we haven't literally had injuries. Just that it isn't that unusual and most teams go through it at some point during a season. Chucking in two lads with Covid for example is hardly something to beat our medical staff with. Carney and JBP missed 1 game, both picked up in international duty. I don't recall Tuanzebe being injured? 

22 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

he has missed more games for us (6 months +), than in his entire career at Marseille (11 games between 2017 and 2020).

23 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I'd rather Ramsey than McGinn at this point. Ramsey is so important for our ball rentention.

Â