Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

18 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

If you read the list, you'll see we actually have 5 out. 

2 of the 7 you mention are Axel (can't play as parent club) and McGinn who the club have confirmed is OK to be selected. 

Come on mate, give it up. 

We were all moaning at the start of last season that we had no variety in our line ups and they were too samey every week. That was because we had so few injuries (and a dogshit squad :D)

That's true but it's not a surprise that when we had our luck with injuries and a fully fit squad we had our best run of form in years up to Christmas last year even if our lineup was predictable.  We're in better shape this year in that we have a deeper squad, but the niggling injuries we get which then turn into months out is the frustrating thing for me. 

Anyway let's keep things civil, I'm only giving my point of view - which seems to be different from everyone else's as ever 😂

• Like 1

Just now, VillaFaninLondon said:

That's true but it's not a surprise that when we had our luck with injuries and a fully fit squad we had our best run of form in years up to Christmas last year even if our lineup was predictable. 

We're in better shape this year in that we have a deeper squad, but the niggling injuries we get which then turn into months out is the frustrating thing for me. 

Anyway let's keep things civil, I'm only giving my point of view - which seems to be different from everyone else's as ever 😂

I'm as frustrated as you are bud, I watched a lot of Marseille in the last few years and was ridiculously excited when Sanson joined us for mere pittance when measured against his quality.  

I just want him to be able to get an extended run in the team for us to show what he can do. I know when he does he will be a massive addition for us for years to come. 

It will come, patience and all that :D 

• Like 4

You have to ask why would one club attract more injuries than another:-

Overtraining - Unlikely DS has been our head coach for a number of years now - IMO he is wise enough not to suddenly up the training workload

Poor Rehab\Physio facilities  -  this stuff is relatively cheap in the context of a multi million pound industry - unlikely we would skimp here tbh

Buying older or Injury prone players - nope - we don't do this

Rushing players back to soon - maybe some very limited evidence of this - but not a major factor IMO

Too Many Games - no

I really think we magnify our own injury list - whilst scarcely looking at other clubs. Injuries are part and parcel of any top level sport - I don't think we fare any worse.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

Overtraining - Unlikely DS has been our head coach for a number of years now - IMO he is wise enough not to suddenly up the training workload

Poor Rehab\Physio facilities  -  this stuff is relatively cheap in the context of a multi million pound industry - unlikely we would skimp here tbh

Rushing players back to soon - maybe some very limited evidence of this - but not a major factor IMO

Too Many Games - no

I really think we magnify our own injury list - whilst scarcely looking at other clubs. Injuries are part and parcel of any top level sport - I don't think we fare any worse.

Every supporter does the same about their own club. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

If you read the list, you'll see we actually have 5 out. 

2 of the 7 you mention are Axel (can't play as parent club) and McGinn who the club have confirmed is OK to be selected. 

Come on mate, give it up. 

We were all moaning at the start of last season that we had no variety in our line ups and they were too samey every week. That was because we had so few injuries (and a dogshit squad :D)

Great thing is that we can actually cope with these injuries now. We have decent depth plus the young guns who we've seen are absolutely capable of stepping in when needed. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

I'm as frustrated as you are bud, I watched a lot of Marseille in the last few years and was ridiculously excited when Sanson joined us for mere pittance when measured against his quality.  

I just want him to be able to get an extended run in the team for us to show what he can do. I know when he does he will be a massive addition for us for years to come. 

I don't think my patience is good at the best of times 😁

I agree though man, I thought it was a shrewd signing too. There is definitely a very good player in there when he's fit but he seems to keep relapsing as soon as he gets himself back on the pitch which is a real pain.

Really hope when he comes back next time he can finally have a consistent run in the side. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

That's true but it's not a surprise that when we had our luck with injuries and a fully fit squad we had our best run of form in years up to Christmas last year even if our lineup was predictable.  We're in better shape this year in that we have a deeper squad, but the niggling injuries we get which then turn into months out is the frustrating thing for me. 

Its not.....I find your posts in general,  interesting and worthy of thought.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Steero113 said:

I too, am anxious to see a fully functioning Sanson......yes "patience is a virtue, possess it if you can, seldom found in woman, never found in man"

Edited by TRO

Shit luck for him. Especially as it doesn't appear to be a recurrence of a previous injury. 

Can't help but think we somehow messed up and played him too early, or didn't prepare him well enough, especially as he didn't even last till half time.

In reality, he's almost certainly shown he's fine in training and been building up to match fitness. An early round league cup game against a reserve team is about as un-competitive as a competitive game is going to get for us, so should have been the perfect opportunity for him to build up some fitness in a real environment. Shame it ended how it did and we'll have to wait at least a month to see if that 42 minute cameo is a sign of things to come,  or whether the end of it is what we'll see repeated forever more.

9 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Shit luck for him. Especially as it doesn't appear to be a recurrence of a previous injury. 

Can't help but think we somehow messed up and played him too early, or didn't prepare him well enough, especially as he didn't even last till half time.

In reality, he's almost certainly shown he's fine in training and been building up to match fitness. An early round league cup game against a reserve team is about as un-competitive as a competitive game is going to get for us, so should have been the perfect opportunity for him to build up some fitness in a real environment. Shame it ended how it did and we'll have to wait at least a month to see if that 42 minute cameo is a sign of things to come,  or whether the end of it is what we'll see repeated forever more.

I think its always a danger coming back from injury, its sure as hell a prime time to get another one....This game is so intense now, its hard to rehabilitate and ease your way back in.

Its just bad luck.....He will be ok ....patience is key.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hippo said:

Too Many Games - no

What's funny is that. I was just watching a bloke on CNN go back and forward with someone, about a blitz of injuries in the NFL this season.

He said his feeling is that, because they are trying to protect players from injury, by undertraining them, it is having the opposite effect, as their bodies aren't getting used to the rigours of a regime and season.

I presented the other day that I feel, it will take some time, for some of our newer players bodies to acclimatise to an intense training schedule and regime in the PL. Hopefully after that, injuries and niggles will be far and few bewteern, as they get stronger.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What's funny is that. I was just watching a bloke on CNN go back and forward with someone, about a blitz of injuries in the NFL this season.

He said his feeling is that, because they are trying to protect players from injury, by undertraining them, it is having the opposite effect, as their bodies aren't getting used to the rigours of a regime and season.

I presented the other day that I feel, it will take some time, for some of our newer players bodies to acclimatise to an intense training schedule and regime in the PL. Hopefully after that, injuries and niggles will be far and few bewteern, as they get stronger.

I think the annnsssswwweeerrr lies in the soil.😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Interesting, certainly. As far as I understand it this is also why pre-season is set at a high intensity (as well as to get rid of off season pies). Sounds an awful fine line to me. 

If I'm a Physio, I must admit I would probably want to make it so players are not injured during my rehab schedules (for which I would take some blame presumably). If they get injured on the pitch later it can be chalked up to misadventure. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

Interesting, certainly. As far as I understand it this is also why pre-season is set at a high intensity (as well as to get rid of off season pies). Sounds an awful fine line to me. 

If I'm a Physio, I must admit I would probably want to make it so players are not injured during my rehab schedules (for which I would take some blame presumably). If they get injured on the pitch later it can be chalked up to misadventure. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. 

Physio won't do rehab schedules. They will give the player a program to follow. After the player is finished with physio - he will step up is training with the first team.

For long injuries - the player may be physically fit - but not ready for the intensities of the first 11.

I really don't think you can put any of this on the Physios.

36 minutes ago, hippo said:

Physio won't do rehab schedules. They will give the player a program to follow. After the player is finished with physio - he will step up is training with the first team.

For long injuries - the player may be physically fit - but not ready for the intensities of the first 11.

I really don't think you can put any of this on the Physios.

Fair enough. Is the program they follow not a rehab schedule? I have no idea what it would be called, or who has responsibility for what. It was just idle musing.

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

Fair enough. Is the program they follow not a rehab schedule? I have no idea what it would be called, or who has responsibility for what. It was just idle musing.

No problems. What I meant was the physio would be checkin in with him on his rehab schedule. But he wouldn't be there putting him through his paces .

It's pretty rare for a physio to cause an injury....a good physio get results - where as a poor one only makes limited progress (maybe by being over catuious) 

• Like 1

Â