Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Just watched a couple more videos of him and he is faaaassstttt. Huge acceleration from a standing start and great balance to change direction really quickly. Loves to press and another press resistant player . Happy days 

Thought you wre saying he wa overweight for a second there.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

any reason he didnt get the number 8 shirt?, Lansbury has it but doesnt need it???

You answered your own question, Lansbury has that number. Unless he leaves that is his number for the season even though he won’t play.

53 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Dare I say it yes I will

I reckon he will be taking SJMs place if he comes straight in or if he is subbed on 

He's more likely to replace Barkley imo who still blows out his arse from time to time which has been an accusation since Everton days

• Like 2

He doesn't need to replace anyone - if we assume four cup games there are 126 starts in our three man midfield over the course of the season.

McGinn, Luiz and Barkley aren't all going to start forty two games each in a campaign - even if Samson was fourth choice (and I don't think he will be) he'd be looking to start at least a dozen games on suspensions and tiredness. Even just as fourth choice I reckon he'd be looking at twenty odd starts given the occasional injury records of the others - as it is, I think there's plenty of room for all four to rotate over the course of the season and still space for Ramsey/Nakamba to make the odd appearance.

There's plenty of space for all of these players to play.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He doesn't need to replace anyone - if we assume four cup games there are 126 starts in our three man midfield over the course of the season.

McGinn, Luiz and Barkley aren't all going to start forty two games each in a campaign - even if Samson was fourth choice (and I don't think he will be) he'd be looking to start at least a dozen games on suspensions and tiredness. Even just as fourth choice I reckon he'd be looking at twenty odd starts given the occasional injury records of the others - as it is, I think there's plenty of room for all four to rotate over the course of the season and still space for Ramsey/Nakamba to make the odd appearance.

We have a squad!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

with his versatility means we could play without a recognized striker should we need to, and have 2 number 10s instead. his youtube highlights showed a couple of quite clinical finishes and frankly i'd rather that than davis

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

This is a great addition. Very pleased. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him become a starter and hold it down.

I think the majority of Villa’s signings now will be starters. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, striker said:

I think the majority of Villa’s signings now will be starters. 

Agree that will be the view when recruiting, though it's going to be a tough team to break into. I see Sanson competing with Luiz and McGinn both for a feature in the matchday XI on any given week. 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

It gives Dean an opportunity to be more fine tuned in facing opposition.

He will select the right players to face certain teams while balancing the other criteria......we can be more specific as opposed to being general.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

That’s really poor taste 

Glad someone pointed out that he was referencing a plane accident where a player and pilot died. 

Maybe keep that one in the old head son ey? 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, il_serpente said:

What, Captain Pissflaps, jet pilot?

At least we didn't use Cardiff's budget transportation service, thank god.

3 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

That’s really poor taste 

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Glad someone pointed out that he was referencing a plane accident where a player and pilot died. 

on a serious note, i watched a short documentary on that accident, the cumulation of minor issues leading to a final major issue was quite shocking to see.

23 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Some people are missing the filter which prevents these thoughts from coming out of the head unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

VT has gone a bit soft for my liking. It's a shit joke, but I'm bemused as to why any VT member would be offended by it. 

I just think making jokes about incidents where people have died is in bad taste, so I called it out.

I don’t want to sound like a snowflake, it didn’t offend me.

• Like 2

Â