Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

51 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Half way through the season, close to 30 points and we are referring to our players as passengers and giving them one more chance. 

**** me, I'm gonna hate what we become with a little success. It was the same with O'Neil, strops and anger because we didn't get top 4. 

Smith's streaky nature, plus Man City/Liverpool form breaking people's scale, plus people being silly has led to some very strange expectations.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Half way through the season, close to 30 points and we are referring to our players as passengers and giving them one more chance. 

**** me, I'm gonna hate what we become with a little success. It was the same with O'Neil, strops and anger because we didn't get top 4. 

Make peace with it my friend. It will never change. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Been so strange. It's a great season where we've kicked on so much from last, yet you still get mad overreactions like this as if the bigger picture isn't so much more encouraging. I remember despite beating Arsenal 3-0 before and going on our December run afterwards we were apparently "regressing" because of the Brighton and West Ham results despite emphatically being the better side in both. Very strange.

• Like 3

For me we achieved our seasons aim so early, everything else was a bonus. I just expected improvement and to not worry about relegation. 

It was unrealistic expectations that led to people demanding, not just questioning, that Smith should be sacked last season. 

I really hope as we level out, that we don't get similar reactions because of new unrealistic expectations. 

This is going way off topic so I won't make it again in this thread. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Smith's streaky nature, plus Man City/Liverpool form breaking people's scale, plus people being silly has led to some very strange expectations.

I know it's ridiculous right? These expectations are what bring frowns. I'm checking into rehab because we're not 10 points clear at the top though. 

In all seriousness the fact we've been the better side in most games this season shows me that we can challenge for the league eventually under Dean Smith. Not going to be easy but the signs are there. 

One thing though even against the top teams I don't fear them because we've got the weapons to cause damage. And havoc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I know it's ridiculous right? These expectations are what bring frowns. I'm checking into rehab because we're not 10 points clear at the top though. 

In all seriousness the fact we've been the better side in most games this season shows me that we can challenge for the league eventually under Dean Smith. Not going to be easy but the signs are there. 

One thing though even against the top teams I don't fear them because we've got the weapons to cause damage. And havoc.

This is the best thing, we can compete against every team. But just because we can now beat the top teams it doesn’t mean we will win every game we play against the weaker teams. If it was that easy you wouldn’t see United losing to Sheffield United; Leicester losing to Fulham and Liverpool dropping 9 points to Burnley, Albion, Fulham and Newcastle! 

Keeping on topic i still expect him to be on the bench tomorrow but think he will feature. Hopefully it’s to see the game out rather than change it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

For me we achieved our seasons aim so early, everything else was a bonus. I just expected improvement and to not worry about relegation. 

It was unrealistic expectations that led to people demanding, not just questioning, that Smith should be sacked last season. 

I really hope as we level out, that we don't get similar reactions because of new unrealistic expectations. 

This is going way off topic so I won't make it again in this thread. 

I disagree, I think most people just wanted to be around 5/6 points better off. The fact we dropped the most points from winning positions and the amount of goals we conceded showed even last season we could have finished 1/2 places higher.

However finishing top 10 last season was an unrealistic expectation. In fact ludicrously ridiculous. 

After lockdown we showed we had the players to be more solid and dependable. This season they have improved as I expected they would and the new signings have made our squad even better. In fact I say even if we signed only Ollie Watkins and Emi Martinez we'd finish 12th / 13th because of the improvement of the £140m players from last season.

One thing Dean Smith said about Morgan Sanson that stood out 'his excellent tactical understanding of the game' - this is another reason why we've improved so much this season. Morgan will enhance that and why I'd prefer  a 3 of Luiz (6) , Sanson (8) Mcginn (8). This gives us the ability to control the game from the middle.

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Ooh don't get ya knickers in a twist....Sanson is ready and raring to take the place of one of your beloved passengers 😉 

Where did I say Top Four? Ah I see, didn't did I?

You think McGinn has been playing well then, I surely don't. Barkley has been hot and cold too!

Maybe, hopefully Sanson will offer more consistency going forward. Maybe.

I'm happy where we are it's progression from last season Woohoo! But it's not great getting beat at Burnley, maybe you are happy with that?

street fighter GIF

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I disagree, I think most people just wanted to be around 5/6 points better off. The fact we dropped the most points from winning positions and the amount of goals we conceded showed even last season we could have finished 1/2 places higher.

However finishing top 10 last season was an unrealistic expectation. In fact ludicrously ridiculous. 

After lockdown we showed we had the players to be more solid and dependable. This season they have improved as I expected they would and the new signings have made our squad even better. In fact I say even if we signed only Ollie Watkins and Emi Martinez we'd finish 12th / 13th because of the improvement of the £140m players from last season.

So people were right to want Dean Smith sacked because we didn't have an extra 5 or 6 points? 

50 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So people were right to want Dean Smith sacked because we didn't have an extra 5 or 6 points? 

Where did I say that people wanted him sacked because we didn't get 5/6 points more? Stop being ridiculous. 

On 28/01/2021 at 20:31, MotoMkali said:

There were stretches of the game where we had less than 30% possession for 5 minutes.

Maybe my memory is being tainted by the last 20 minutes but we just did not play through the middle of the park at all. 

Honestly, we were in total control until that equaliser.

I wasn’t even worried after they equalised for 1-1 because we were so much better than them.

We were extremely unlucky not to win that game, but I fear we get complacent and stop working when we are so on top.  

• Like 1

Â