Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

If he is a box to box midfielder then maybe it would be good for him to replace Barkley, 2 box to box midfielders might be what we need in the middle, Barkley does seem reluctant to get back once attacks are over

Edited by honest_bertie

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

There were stretches of the game where we had less than 30% possession for 5 minutes.

That's a stat and a half.

300 seconds, we had possession for 90 seconds, they had 210 seconds. That's about the amount of time to take a goal kick!

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

Thats not the point. @villalad21 boohooed my idea of playing a 'flatter 3 midfield' of Sanson, Douglas and Mcginn(yesterday) and then has gone round suggesting the same idea today.

sure he has never seen him play, just like Bertrand from before

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

That's a stat and a half.

300 seconds, we had possession for 90 seconds, they had 210 seconds. That's about the amount of time to take a goal kick!

My point is they had stretches where they were creating chances and it looked like they were going to score. They didn't really create any clear cut chances but the goals were always coming after mee shit housed a header in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

There were stretches of the game where we had less than 30% possession for 5 minutes.

Maybe my memory is being tainted by the last 20 minutes but we just did not play through the middle of the park at all. 

I think it is, we played some great stuff through the middle in first half. 

Keen to see what Sanson can do but not at McGinn’s expense. If both play it got to be 4-3-3, which might also make it easier for Traore with a little less tracking back. 

Hopefully he’ll come on around 65-70 minutes for Barkley and they can switch it around. 

2 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Thats not the point. @villalad21 boohooed my idea of playing a 'flatter 3 midfield' of Sanson, Douglas and Mcginn(yesterday) and then has gone round suggesting the same idea today.

Does anything to get attention that one. Best to block and ignore.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 3
  • Shocked 1

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Does anything to get attention that one. Best to block and ignore.

Tried it, gets quoted too often which makes threads hard to read.  Best just to take a break from VT for a day or so after we lose a game to avoid getting wound up. Worked well for me today. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Awol said:

I think it is, we played some great stuff through the middle in first half. 

Keen to see what Sanson can do but not at McGinn’s expense. If both play it got to be 4-3-3, which might also make it easier for Traore with a little less tracking back. 

Hopefully he’ll come on around 65-70 minutes for Barkley and they can switch it around. 

We can still play  4231 with sanson in the 10 role.

But yeah, could also play a 433.

3 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Deano just confirmed on SSN that he's fit and available for selection and will travel with the squad to Southampton 

Great, surely that will help motivate the passengers. I think Smith will give them one more chance and then maybe see Sanson off the bench on Saturday? 

14 hours ago, honest_bertie said:

If he is a box to box midfielder then maybe it would be good for him to replace Barkley, 2 box to box midfielders might be what we need in the middle, Barkley does seem reluctant to get back once attacks are over

Once he gets up to speed this may well be what happens. I like and rate Barkley but I don’t see him as top tier and he is injury prone. Sanon and Mcginn together will be able to make up for the loss of a dedicated CAM and we will end up with better pressing and more defensive cover (which helps when you Jack and Traore on the wings).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Deano just confirmed on SSN that he's fit and available for selection and will travel with the squad to Southampton 

Great, surely that will help motivate the passengers. I think Smith will give them one more chance and then maybe see Sanson off the bench on Saturday? 

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

You can say that again 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I also think he'll stick with Barkley but it'll be interesting because in the home game although the scored a series of worldies they also dominated the first half by tucking in the two wide players and out numbering us 4 to 2 in the centre of the park. I wonder if Deano will combat that by sticking Sanson straight in? 

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I personally wouldn’t start him. We’ve had a bad 20 minutes. Doesn’t mean we have to throw in a guy new to the league. I’d rather see him come on and be eased in to things. 

I'd be tempted to give him a game tbf - he strikes as the sort of player who can have an immediate impact rather with his work rate etc. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Half way through the season, close to 30 points and we are referring to our players as passengers and giving them one more chance. 

**** me, I'm gonna hate what we become with a little success. It was the same with O'Neil, strops and anger because we didn't get top 4. 

• Like 4

Â