Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

Just now, Steero113 said:

Love it in the interview when he says he's a warrior.

The fact that we can rotate SJM and Morgan now is going to be a **** nightmare for tiring teams it really is. 

Personally, i quite like the thought of both of them in the team at the same time!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

McGinn

changed your tune a bit...what a difference a week makes eh

On 17/01/2021 at 13:12, villalad21 said:

Not sure signing bench players is the way to go.

And right now that means buying someone who get's straight in the first eleven and who is better than the likes of McGinn and Barkley. Which is of course a tough task.

Just don't see the point if he is just marginally better than Nakamba.

If their not better than who we've got don't bother signing anyone i'd say. Quality over quantity.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Who does he replace in the starting line up? 

imo, which could be wildly wrong.

He is a direct challenge for both McGinn (in an 8 role), or Barkley (in the 10 role), in a 4231, could also play in a 433 as one of the 2 x 8s if we play that.

Part of me wonders that if Barkley isnt made permanent, Sanson has time to settle / get some game time now, and might be a shoe in next season as an 8 in a 433, or 8/10 in a 4231.

for reference, he has played in the DM/MC and AM roles almost equally, he has also played left and right wing to a lesser degree, but i think he's considered a DM/MC/AM feasible box to box type.

Hopefully he proves a good buy and it means any Barkley decision is a properly balanced and informed one, rather than desperation. (which im sure it would be anyway!)

Deano mentioned he can play a 6 also, but tbh.......he's not really a lone 6, he's more box to box than that, he could operate as one of two DMs, but i highly doubt he is lone 6 material, he's naturally too mobile for that (both in style and instinct).

if yuo watch sansons highlights he also has a french version of mcginns arse, when a  ball comes towards him he regularly sticks his butt out, allows the ball to roll past him, does a butt role on the player he is holding off and he's away.

How it translates to the Prem i dont know, but in Ligue 1 he is known to be a terrier and aggressive in the tackle (for a french guy??), this is one reason i think he might adjust a little quicker, as he is known for being "physical" by french league standards.

For reference his running, hustling, pressing  numbers etc are actually higher than McGinn p/90, but that might just be because its Ligue 1, possibly his figures will drop in the Prem as its a tougher league, but generally he seems to be a french mcginn, who may be a little more comfortable on the ball. (time will tell i suppose)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

And his English is actually really good, he understands the questions right away and can perfectly well give a reflecting and reasoning answer, articulates well and corrects himself like when he changed "speak" to "spoke" with Dean Smith. He gives a quite smart impression too. 

Let’s see how he gets on with Brummie, Scouse and Jockanese! 

• Haha 1

Really happy with this signing, gives us plenty of options in midfield. Looks excellent value as well.

Will be interesting to see how he is used and what he brings to the team.

This is a show of intent, it's a signing of a club on the up, attracting and adding this kind of quality to the squad shows we aren't going away any time soon.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

The fact that we can rotate SJM and Morgan now is going to be a **** nightmare for tiring teams it really is. 

Yeah, but surely he came to replace McGinn?

troll dancing GIF

He'll add more power and energy to the midfield and excellent technical and tactical ability. I'm looking forward for us to go 4 3 3 with Mcginn and Sanson in front of Dougie. That's a strong midfield. Once Sanson gets used to the premier League most likely next season he'll be good for us.

But we need to give him some time to get to grips with Aston Villa and the Premier League.

4 hours ago, Loxstock92 said:

So this is what all the ‘release the kraken’ stuff was about. 

on another note someone’s been plane spotting 😂😂

looks like the plane was spot on!

main things for me.

1) dont judge him after 2 games......

2) As long as our first 11 is fit, he will have time to settle, get some minutes and adjust to the league without the pressure of needing to be thrust in to the team and expected to immediately perform.

Point 2 for me, shows how far we have come, that we can give a (hopefully) talented player time to settle in to the country and team, then when the time comes step up and do a job in an already decent and settled team.

Hopefully with a few months of settling / adjusting, he can be a real player for us next season (and hopefully this season when he plays).

I think the two players we have signed from Ligue 1 could have the potential to be really really good signings for us (Traore/Sanson)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Welcome Morgan, been wanting this signing for past 12 months, he’s going to bring us another dimension in the midfield.

really?, u been tracking him for the last 12 months?

Having thought about it for a few days and watched several YT clips I think Mcginn and Sanson in front of Luiz would be better balanced team than with Barkley at 10 and still very attacking. Sanson is a great signing in that it covers potential return of Barkley and less so Luiz to parent clubs.  

Â