Ratings & Reactions: Man United v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/21 at 23:59

Disappointed with the result, a slightly fortunate 1st goal and a mystery penalty for their 2nd.

Traore should have been taken off as soon as he scored as that was literally all he did all night, a shocker probably to be masked because he scored.

Once we got the formation right we were more than good enough for a point.

Jack however should have stayed left forward to go at bailly every time to draw another yellow and for that, again I'm disappointed we didn't see the potential to take them down a player.

Typical our last effort, which never got replayed, looked like a handball by utd just before davis ( sigh) had the last clear cut chance. Was waiting for a replay to see if it was a pen but obvs at utd that doesn't happen unless the player wears red.

1 point lost there. Humph!!!

How is that standard of refering allowed?

I lost count of the amount of fouls carried out by Matic before the ref begrudgingly booked him, Shaw should of been off for persistent fouling,

I watched it on Sky without the canned crowd noise and commentary down low, you could see the Villa players getting proper pissed of with the ref.(there's a shot of Mings calling him a word removed walking away after another dodgy decision)

Any other day we would have won that but after the pen, with the world record quickest VAR check on record, our heads  dropped a bit, but still could of nicked a draw at the end.

We need to buy some depth during Jan as our bench is a bit thin on Quality.

4 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Careful now. You're in danger of a balanced view instead of the Vt doom or gloom!

I agree totally.

I think a lot of us can agree that we played really well today and are proud of the boys. I sure as hell am!

But it just feels so frickin typical that you can say before the game "united will get a soft penalty that will decide it" and like bloody clockwork it always happens XD

• Like 3

We are a very good side. Huge work in progress and making big strides forwards. We gave them a very good game. 

This game went to script. Absolutely terrible decision for the penalty and the ref let too many fouls go without bookings. 

The inconsistency in decisions is absolutely atrocious. 

I think it speaks volumes for how far we’ve come tonight. Again went toe to toe with one of the ‘big boys’ and looked far from anything like out of place.

Sloppy missed header and dodgy penalty undone us, really should have scored more than one too with the chances we had.

I’m disappointed of course but again, encouraged in defeat by the performance.

• Like 1

Matic finally got booked after trying to kick Grealish twice, his sole job seemed to foul at every opportunity. 

Manure were quite dirty and had protection for their efforts. 

In all honesty to run them so close is really encouraging considering the billions they have spent over recent years.

Add the protection from the referee and we are never going to win.

Progress for Villa though but we badly need to spend some money and improve the first team and squad.

• Like 1

I suspect Man U will think they got away with one there. We were probably the better side but we undid ourselves by giving away two ridiculously soft goals. Also by inability to score, El Ghazi and Watkins particularly at fault there. Quite a lot of contenders for MOTM  but I think Cash just earned it, a tough display in  defence and good attacking menace. 

Martinez great as well. so glad we got him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Sorry, but was that not handball at the end by Maguire?? Not even checked. Won't be mentioned.

Myself and my 2 boys, both screamed handball.

My wife was having prosecco and my nine year was waving a random flag. 

Thought it was just us!

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Why is anyone surprised the ref gives them a win. It happens all the time.

Not surprised. Not even disappointed as it was always going to happen. Just... I dunno, makes you like the game a little less when it's so blatant. 

1 minute ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Sorry, but was that not handball at the end by Maguire?? Not even checked. Won't be mentioned.

There was also a shirt pull by Shaw on Konsa when Mings missed a header which stopped Konsa getting to the ball. Wasn't even checked.

• Like 2

Same shit different year.

Apparently Fernandes has been at manure less than one calendar year.

17 penalties. Says it **** all.

Cheated again at the theatre of Alf Garnett word.

We played OK but continually gave the ball to them too easily.

Need new blood from the bench if we want to stay in the top 8.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Soft pen but a stupid challenge to make. Glad to see us go there and battle, I was convinced we had a handball shout at the end as well.

Yeah, real stupid of Luiz to put his face into Pogba's arm

Old Trafford.  

A freakish undeserved goal for them, a good deserved equiliser for us. 

A softest of soft penalties for them. 

Persistent unpunished fouling for them all game until it's too late for it to affect the game. 

NEXT.

• Like 1

Was it a penalty? Looked like he tripped himself to me. Manure a rough team, they got away with very similar against Wolves, professional fouls time after time. Matic is a thug. Nuno is actually under an fa charge for comments he made after their game. They remind me of the old Leeds team,  a strong ref would have a field day. 

Anyway we are very close to being up there with the best.  Berty went missing a few times defensively, not sure he's fully upto speed yet, we really missed Trez in this game. UTV. 

Â