Ratings & Reactions: Man United v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/21 at 23:59

3 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

If we look back 24 months. 

We were 15th in championship

If we look back 12 months we were 18th

I'm not proud that we are plucky losers. I am proud we are 6th and man Utd celebrate a victory against us as if it's a major event. 

Spot on...their reaction at the end was like that of a super Sunday game against a top side. They knew they'd been in a battle tonight. The future is so, so bright.

I just hope where we are now is enough for Jack in the short term

• Like 1

Good effort, we matched them for commitment and might have nicked something, but they were the better team with greater quality in possession and deserved to win.

Pleased with the running, we lack some class in the final third, but hardly surprising. I know some are saying we might not add to the squad but I think it is pretty obvious that we should.

• Like 2

Before the game I had a discussion with a Man U friend about the fact that Man U and LIverpool always get the big decisions with them. No way that is a penalty imo, Pogba stretches his arm out and pushes Luiz away, that's the foul, then Pogba trips himself, either by clumsiness or deliberately. And they didn't even check the handball on Maguire at the end. I don't think the refs do this deliberately, but in the back of their minds they know that they will get a hell of a lot more criticism if they get the big decisions wrong against Man U or Liverpool than other teams. They will have the Man U and LIverpool pundit brigade coming at them. That will and does influence their decisions.

It's the same logic as players in those teams mre easy get called up to the England squad.

I wonder how much of an advantage they actually get over the course of a whole season. 

• Like 1

The penalty was dubious at best, though Luiz made it look worse by having his hands on Pogba in a position from which he cannot possibly win the ball . . . correct procedure there is to throw your hands above your head theatrically as far as I can tell.

Anyway, we should take heart in the fact we were some way off our best but still only lost by the odd goal and had them worried in the last few minutes. I hope we take our annoyance at that 'injustice' into our next few games.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

If we look back 24 months. 

We were 15th in championship

If we look back 12 months we were 18th

I'm not proud that we are plucky losers. I am proud we are 6th and man Utd celebrate a victory against us as if it's a major event. 

We don't need to keep looking back, to appreciate our performances.....we played an in form Man U team and we had enough chances, particularly in the air to have won it.....Leeds lost 6-2,there, but  we were far more resolute than that.

there is still much to improve, but we give a good account of ourselves.

We are work in progress and Dean in his after match comments summed it up perfectly.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Glad everyone rated us, cause according to Smith in his interview he said as good as we had a poor game.  I like this,  Smith sees it even against quality where he could have just said they were the better side.

Dean Smith was spot on what he said....there were things we could have done better, despite us giving them a game.

• Like 1

Â