Ratings & Reactions: Man United v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/21 at 23:59

Even if I wasn’t a Villa fan I’d be saying how that’s never a penalty, ever, especially when VAR then gets the chance to review it...

Yet somehow still gives it!

Atrocious!

At full speed I can understand it being given, but when you can see the VAR and you see what they are seeing, surely that has to be overturned?! 

I **** hate var, I could excuse the ref getting it wrong, I can’t excuse VAR. 

• Like 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Michael Oliver was absolutely diabolical.

Not because of the incredibly soft pen (how many have United had this season?) but letting them do whatever they want. Matic committed 3 yellow card worthy offences, and only got booked on the 3rd one. McTominay, 4 or 5 fouls, no yellow. Luke Shaw, easily 5 fouls, yellow on the final one.

No point going there, matching them, creating fantastic chances if the ref is always looking for a way to win them the game.

Corrupt.

Exactly. Refs ways looking for any excuse to give them a penalty, and only book them when it's absolutely unavoidable. It's so blatant it's just becoming farcical. Maroc should have had two yellows in about three minutes. Yet not even one. Bailey goes in two footed and out of control, not even reviewed. 

Just now, Rolta said:

We played well so I'm not sure how that makes Smith poor. 

Traore needed to come off earlier, the goal probably gave him another 15 minutes but it was a tap in. 

I suppose I can’t fault Smith for giving him a few minutes extra but he did cash no favours again tonight. 

13 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I feel slightly apathetic. You just can't win against fixed matches. We all knew he would give Man Utd an incorrect penalty. Predictable, hilarious and shockingly awful refereeing. Gave them everything he could and then some. 

But we're used to it. Standard of refereeing is **** abysmal. It's mental how poor it is. 

Anyway. 

We looked alright, one of the worse displays this season, but we still looked like a far more composed football team than Manchester United. If the referee didn't want to interfere and give them a chance to get back in the game, we would have won that, guaranteed. 

They are a very good counter attacking team, but other than that shockingly shit. Absolutely awful team in possession. Remind me of us in 2009. They will never get far in Europe with OGS. Absolute certainty. 

Anyway, onwards and upwards. 11 vs 11 we would have won that. 

Completely agree with you about feeling totally apathetic mate. I wish I wasn’t wound up but I am. Made all the worse by the amount of glory hunters we ALL know who will be lauding it up.

Well Done Villa. On another day we could have probably won that. 

I’m off to perform some blood magic on Michael Oliver. 

Never seemed quite at it tonight and didn't deserve anything from the game. Traore and El Ghazi were too weak defensively which gifted United easy transitional play throughout. Could have nicked something but United deserved the win.

Had we been more clincal, we'd have taken at least a point.

The penalty changed the game. There can be no disputing that.

Before Martial scored, I was about to write how it felt like a lot like the Leicester game, we gained confidence and were matching them across the pitch.

De Gea pulled off some good saves.

We were disgraced only by the referee.

Mistakes happen but we gave them a heck of a game.

Look at scummy United players celebrating. They know they got away with one.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Death, taxes and Villa losing to Man United. Its an absolute given.

3 league wins against them in almost 60 games since boxing day 1989.

I honestly haven't seen us beat them ONCE since I started supporting Villa 16 years ago

Â