Ratings & Reactions: Man United v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/21 at 23:59

11 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Ref done by Pogba - Michael Oliver should be embarrassed.

Watkins very disappointing - about as sharp as a rusty spoon.

Sincerely hope that's the last time I ever see Davis in a Villa shirt.

Judging how quickly Oliver blew his whistle and pointed to the spot, he was in on it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Never seemed quite at it tonight and didn't deserve anything from the game. Traore and El Ghazi were too weak defensively which gifted United easy transitional play throughout. Could have nicked something but United deserved the win.

I wouldn't argue with that. We lacked that killer instinct in the final third. Say what you like about the penalty, but all Luiz has to to do is stay goal side and follow him . So soon after the equaliser it was always going to knock the stuffing out of us.

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Disappointing but proud of how far we have come as a team in a couple of years. 

We're still improving. 

We had United scared. They dug deep to keep it 2-1. So many cheap, cynical fouls. Very proud of the lads. On a different day, we win.

And we still have Barkley to return.

• Like 1

I thought we were really good.

a shame we lost.

I thought the penalty was a penalty. Douglas a bit naive there.  
Cash my MOTM, but I thought aside from the silly penalty, Douglas had a good game.
They’re a good side, and we went toe to toe with them.

Well played boys.

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

I wouldn't argue with that. We lacked that killer instinct in the final third. Say what you like about the penalty, but all Luiz has to to do is stay goal side and follow him . So soon after the equaliser it was always going to knock the stuffing out of us.

I thought that that was exactly what Luiz did. He was running alongside Pogba who then kicks the back of Luiz's leg and trips himself up. Luiz isn't trying to make any sort of challenge and its never a penalty in a million years.

Thought we showed today just how quickly we’re evolving and maturing. Manure are looking a good side again lately, and played well themselves lets not forget. We are mixing it with all the top sides this season and every game we play is full of incident and high in entertainment. I love watching us every week, its not a chore like it has been for many years with the negative managers we’ve had to suffer.

Thought Jack was brilliant, industrious as ever. That ball into El Ghazi that was cleared by AWB was sublime. Emi was top class yet again, magnificent shot stopping. Dougie was class, so composed and elegant. Showed some outrageous touches under pressure. Cash should be on deadballs. His crossing is next level. Traore was poor but nice to see him on the scoresheet again. We went right til the end again, very close to getting a deserved draw. Utd knew they were in a game like every team does againt us- they celebrated like they won the league at FT.

Unfortunate and disappointing to lose but looking at the bigger picture im so pleased with where we are as a club right now. This is a team to be very proud of.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Cash MotM, Smith poor, subbed too late and Referee is an absolute tard. 

I thought Smith did as well as could be expected and what do you mean subbed to late?

Who on earth should he have brought on earlier?

I wouldn't give Davis 10 seconds never mind 10 minutes and there is literally nobody on the bench that would have improved our chances. Nobody.

I think I'd be more upset about the VAR decision if I didn't already think that we'd be on the receiving end of a diabolical VAR decision at Old Trafford. That they let these baffling decisions continue is just shattering the credibility of the Premier League and any league that uses the technology in a similarly idiotic and possibly corrupt way. The sport is diminished with every passing week by VAR. 

Not our best showing on the night. Sloppy passing, heavy touches, poor positioning, a costly missed clearance. But as a testament to our quality, we still could have won the game (before the VAR call). 

Cash turning some heads tonight. Emi a force again. Can't be blamed for the goals.

Bad night for Ollie Watkins. Needs to be more ruthless and clinical. Traore with more lapses in concentration in defense. 

Annoying night for several reasons, not least of which will be their fans thinking they are worlds better than us.

A lot of the players are clearly tired. I'd think Smith will be tempted to hand starts to some bench players vs Liverpool. I wouldn't be mad about it risking the FA Cup to contend for Europe. 

Big decisions for NSWE.  Stick or twist?

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

I thought that that was exactly what Luiz did. He was running alongside Pogba who then kicks the back of Luiz's leg and trips himself up. Luiz isn't trying to make any sort of challenge and its never a penalty in a million years.

Like I said, we lost, and ,for me, it was two basic errors. 

Â