Ratings & Reactions: Man United v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/21 at 23:59

Just now, One For The Road said:

I thought Smith did as well as could be expected and what do you mean subbed to late?

Who on earth should he have brought on earlier?

I wouldn't give Davis 10 seconds never mind 10 minutes and there is literally nobody on the bench that would have improved our chances. Nobody.

100% agree with this in the bold. 

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

I thought Smith did as well as could be expected and what do you mean subbed to late?

Who on earth should he have brought on earlier?

I wouldn't give Davis 10 seconds never mind 10 minutes and there is literally nobody on the bench that would have improved our chances. Nobody.

Ramsey on for Traore earlier. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I thought we deserved more out of that, really made a good game out of it and matched them overall, I think a draw would have been a fairer reflection of the game.

In games against top sides you find out a bit about your own strengths and weaknesses - I thought we won the midfield but lost the flanks and if we're going to develop as a club, we're going to need better wingers. I thought Luiz and McGinn were good and the centre halves looked solid, both full backs looked very good and Jack was Jack. Watkins works so hard, but I think he'll find criticism if he doesn't score more often.

I thought the penalty was a penalty, I thought the ref should have booked Matic and Shaw earlier and I hate the way Utd stand over every free kick - that's something referees should be booking players for.

Unlucky in the end, but plenty to be pleased with.

I think there is working hard and working clever.....there was enough in that game for Ollie to be working on.....he runs for fun, but he needs to be running more intelligently.....he needs to attack the ball and the space better, he looks a bit tentative to me, not enough aggression.

If we was competent in the air in both boxes, we would have won that.....despite all the popular incidents like the Pogba, tripping himsef up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Just cut Smith off on NBC half way through explaining it wasn't a penalty, then change the subject when they come back in the commentators. I mean how blatent can you get it was a dodgy decision. Couldn't believe that???

Yeah Sky brushed over it and didn’t mention Deans comments. 

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Just cut Smith off on NBC half way through explaining it wasn't a penalty, then change the subject when they come back in the commentators. I mean how blatent can you get it was a dodgy decision. Couldn't believe that???

Totally agree. 

Dean interviews on sky, then commentators talk about villa a bit, ignoring the pentaly comments completely, then switch to talking about how great man u are. 

No comments on dean's thoughts on the penalty. At all. 

Just now, kidlewis said:

Ramsey on for Traore earlier. 

Who?

No but seriously, an unproven academy graduate wasn't going to change that game. Not blaming Smith for that one. He needs to be backed to improve our bench if we are going to achieve a midtable finish.

Fail to bring in reinforcements in Jan and we will easily avoid the drop but definitely bottom half. That 1st 11 can't play every game at 100%.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

At least you got half!

On the official Premier league show down here they only showed Ole and Fernandes.

Oh, and just so you know, their pundits agree it's a penalty. Those pundits? Neville and Owen. 🙄

10 minutes ago, AJ said:

Judging how quickly Oliver blew his whistle and pointed to the spot, he was in on it.

Don't think any referee is ever 'in on it'. Accusing an official of outright corruption is a pretty serious accusation.

He's just a **** stupid twunt who, like every PGMOL twunt and the Sky bastards to boot, believes certain teams have a divine right to a penalty every time one of their players goes down.

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Well, everybody called it in the pre-match thread, so we shouldn't be surprised. 

Its like seeing some thug, and thinking he is probably going to punch me in the face for no reason, and he does.

You called it, but it still sucks getting punched in the face.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Don't think any referee is ever 'in on it'. Accusing an official of outright corruption is a pretty serious accusation.

He's just a **** stupid twunt who, like every PGMOL twunt and the Sky bastards to boot, believes certain teams have a divine right to a penalty every time one of their players goes down.

The refs and VAR made it pretty clear United had to win that match, from the pen to the handball at the end 

We’re good aren’t we. Didn’t take our chances tonight and frustratingly gave the ref the chance to give them a penalty. Real time I was cursing Dougie for a stupid foul but on the replay it does look like Pogba tripped himself. Unfortunately we can’t rely on VAR against man United.

Watkins and Mings both missed golden chances to equalise, DDG made a good save from Cash and there’s a good block right at the end. At the other end, Emi has made some good saves and Pogba has slotted one wide when he should’ve scored.

Overwhelming emotion tonight is frustration. We deserved more from a good performance. I voted Jack MOTM for the chances he created but didn’t feel there was one outstanding candidate. Week to rest now and even longer until our next league game. UTV.

• Like 2

Forget the cheating penalty. The amount of fouls on us especially in the first half was ridiculous. Sick to death of these officials. 

The first half we gave them too much respect. Second half was better but we were still too passive. 

Imagine instead of Davis we had Costa coming on. Absolutely fuming about the defeat though as I'm a sore loser.

4 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

The refs and VAR made it pretty clear United had to win that match, from the pen to the handball at the end 

As I queried elsewhere, why hasn't any Villa player protested the handball if it was that obvious?

We don't help ourselves sometimes. There is bias in the game, everybody knows that. If you can't back your own teammates and fight their corner when there's a foul or a handball, why should anyone else?

We want the refs, the pundits, the whole world to side with us when such things occur, but our own captain doesn't throw his arms up to claim the pen - nor does Davis who is right there, inches away from it when it occurs.

Edited by est1874

I’m waiting for the game we get some mega luck and take all three points when we had no right to. Just one against a decent side.

Spurs, City, even Everton as a new strong side. 

Deflected goal like Liverpool’s game or a Pogba dodgy penalty. 

Â