Ratings & Reactions: Man United v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/21 at 23:59

1 minute ago, TheStagMan said:

It's such a joke that opposition fans just accept it as a given!

Not much to do thou is there. I certainly won't go on social media and harass or spew vitriol or threaten the ref now am I.

Fwiw I don't think it was an incorrect pen, but it was soft. The one Trez got overruled had as much contact.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Soft pen but a stupid challenge to make. Glad to see us go there and battle, I was convinced we had a handball shout at the end as well.

in all honestly that was a bit stupid by Luiz. even hinting at giving united a pen is never a good idea. they'll get it any day of the week.

Don't know what I hate more, Man Utd or VAR, if the same incident happened in the Man Utd box I would guarantee it would not be given, totally corrupt, but I tell you we are a good team that is only going to get better.

8 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I don't care for all the hate talk and conspiracy theories. The fact is it was two silly mistakes that cost us. Mings and Luiz will be kicking themselves. 

At least Pogba was kicking himself.

Just now, sne said:

Not much to do thou is there. I certainly won't go on social media and harass or spew vitriol or threaten the ref now am I.

Fwiw I don't think it was an incorrect pen, but it was soft. The one Trez got overruled had as much contact.

Oliver overturned it against Brighton.

I couldn't believe how quickly he gave it for Pogba either.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

I thought Villa were magnificent tonight against a team now top of league. Playing such an attractive brand of football. Such a joy to watch. Thought Cash and McGinn were brilliant alongwith Martinez. Onwards and upwards. 

Er their 2nd last time I looked

That United were hanging on at the end and even subbed in another CB shows how far we’ve come , I’m struggling how that’s a pen , more so when Bent is saying Pogba  clipped Dougs calf then tripped himself so for him it’s a pen ... wtf !! 

Watching his interview ,Wan Bissaka isn’t the sharpest tool in the box is he 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Even if I wasn’t a Villa fan I’d be saying how that’s never a penalty, ever, especially when VAR then gets the chance to review it...

Yet somehow still gives it!

Atrocious!

At full speed I can understand it being given, but when you can see the VAR and you see what they are seeing, surely that has to be overturned?! 

I **** hate var, I could excuse the ref getting it wrong, I can’t excuse VAR. 

Luiz clips Pogba’s leg and knocks it into his other leg where he trips and falls. It was as soft as you’ll likely see but because there was contact I can see why VAR didn’t overrule it. 

• Like 1

Traore was poor for me and didn’t really protect or help out cash all night. Really missed Barkley I thought.

I thought McGinn, Jack and EMI were fantastic and Doug did really well  (the penalty was infuriating for me - if Grealish goes down like that,  the commentary would have labelled him a disgrace for kicking his own leg. Naive from Doug but bought by Pogba).

Unlike other years, they were hanging on at the end and I think their celebrations showed it

overall though ? I’m pissed we leave with nothing.annoyed star trek GIF

• Like 1

Exemplifies our need for strength in depth... late substitutes do nothing for us, but Smith clearly has no confidence in the bench, and arguably rightly so.

Great performance over the course of the game, although Traoré had a mare until his goal.

Deserved more out of the game.

Ref was a complete arse and his lack of card use inhibited our play, giving them licence to foul us constantly.

Incredibly frustrating but we've come such a long way since last season. Be good to see us bounce back after a 2 week rest

Â